• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner_TV5

Because there was more expectation this time, a lot more than last seasons start anyway. Plus we are showing we cant even capitalize on our rivals mistakes.

Liam Spencer

Some of you guys here behaving like amateurs.

Have we not been in this position before? Why the **** are you in meltdown?

Get a grip FFS!

Yes we have been, and have been left disappointed for years.

Looking at the team today, I really did not see anything I haven't seen in the last few years.

Same old issues, and I don't understand how they'll be addressed with 20 days left.

Culture of weakness and all that comes with it - choking, excuses, cowardice, constantly changing expectations/goals to match actual results and calling it success, highlighting pros while ignoring cons, lack of accountability, etc. etc. etc.

We can buy Benzema or whoever to improve our already talented squad but the culture of weakness instilled by the manager will always haunt us on match day (especially so for big matches).

Hegemony

There will be no respond this time I feel... We will find our selves in similar position to what Liverpool were in last season.

Don't even think we will catch up this season. 5-7 could be the very truth for us this season.

Put your money where your mouth is. £50 say's we finish in the top 4 at least

David Smith

Established Member
There will be no respond this time I feel... We will find our selves in similar position to what Liverpool were in last season.

Don't even think we will catch up this season. 5-7 could be the very truth for us this season.

Care to put a steak on that?
I know we will finish in the top 4.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lol that's not going to happen. Also find it hilarious how in your own words you were the most optimistic out of anyone pre-season.

Now the games roll around it's out of the top 4 for us. You're a mess mate.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well that was ****ing abysmal. Same old, same old.

Coquelin is really average for me and totally unnecessary in games like today. I would much rather have had Arteta out there today. Or even play Ramsey deeper instead of shifting him/Cazorla out wide and actually get some pace/directness up front. Pace we sorely need as;

Giroud isn't very good, even though I thought he tried hard today. and;

Ox is a talent but nothing more than that. He's not good enough to be starting every game and he's certainly not good enough to be our main attacking outlet, like he was today. He's also gets caught in possession far too often.

Cech had one of the worst debuts I can remember. 1/10 performance from him, laughably bad.

Lol that's not going to happen. Also find it hilarious how in your own words you were the most optimistic out of anyone pre-season.

Now the games roll around it's out of the top 4 for us. You're a mess mate.

Never been optimistic about this team. Most of what I say is joke.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Özil was one of the players chasing back in injury time. :/
Exactly but it's easier to do the simple thing and blame him for everything. What is he supposed to do when he's forced to pass to Giroud? I thought he put in a very good shift and never let his head drop like he's been guilty of in the past. It's not his fault that the players around him, particular Ramsey, Coq and Giroud were absolutely awful. A playmaker can't help you finish or control the ball for you or make your runs for you.

adpree

things I gathered from the match:

1) Ramsey needs to be dropped/or given a talking to, he is no Stevie g and he needs to stop the Hollywood efforts and get the basics right.

2) No one turned up. Absolutely not one player was up for this game. Forget the league at this rate. They need to be winning games like these comfortably. Might have forgiven them if it was an away game.

3) We were too open, for an opening day game. I mean they walked our midfield and through to our defence. We should have been much more compact and probably have not underestimated West Ham.

4) Benzema/ quality CF seems like a must, we need a consistent finisher upfront. Giroud will give us committed games, but not goals when we need them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never been optimistic about this team. Most of what I say is joke.

tumblr_mul4oz3C2i1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom