• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal vs Aston Villa - 17/08/13 - 3:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
--- Arsenal vs Aston Villa -----
150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

----------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
--------------------------------------------Saturday 17th August 2013
----------------------------------------------------Kick off – 3:00 PM

----------------------------------------------------
794076_Arsenal.jpg

Bench: - Fabianski, Jenkinson, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Rosicky, Sanogo, Gnabry

- Arsenal - 2 - - - Aston Villa - 0
- Walcott
- Giroud

FinnGooner

Established Member
I don't think Cazorla will start. He looked quite clearly off shape against city. I think Ox will start on the left and maybe Jack in the middle. The other options is that Poldi starts on the left and Ox in the middle

Our squad is sooooooooo thin! Still expect a narrow and uncomfortable win for us.

2-1 (Walott, Arteta (pen.), Benteke)

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
We'll score. In fact I fancy us for a surprise draw. 2-2 maybe.

Our team is likely to be

-------------Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Luna

---------------Sylla
---Westwood------Delph

Weimann---Benteke---Agbonlahor

Benteke has carried last year's form in to pre season, so expect him to be on his game.
Our defence has more potential this season but is still relatively green so I'd expect you to get behind them a fair bit. Especially Walcott (assumign he starts on the right?) vs Luna.
Luna has looked good going forward in pre season but has looked a bit shaky on the back foot.

I'm really looking forward to it though. Not making the trip down this season though :(

FinnGooner

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
If Cazorla isn't quite there, I'd start Rosicky in the AMC slot. 3-0 to the Gunners!

But Rocky wasn't even in the squad against City because of injury so I expect him to be even further away from full shape

CandysRoom

Established Member
Ah, I see. Hadn't realised he's injured again/still. It'll have to be Wilshere then. Perhaps Cazorla as an impact sub later on.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Ah, I see. Hadn't realised he's injured again/still. It'll have to be Wilshere then. Perhaps Cazorla as an impact sub later on.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Can't believe some people on here were actually counting on Rosicky being a squad option this year, the guys an absolute crock and has not managed a full season in an Arsenal shirt yet WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS and those of the creative nature ...

CandysRoom

Established Member
Crock or not, we can only work with what we've got and as the first game is this Saturday and Rosicky is one of our best creative outlets, not such an unbelievable assumption to make methinks.

I've long given up trying to second guess Arsenals transfer targets!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Here we go first game of the season will be not easy Aston Villa are good team, Remember first game last season against Sunderland we werequite confident to open the season with a win but the game ends with 0-0.

Scezcney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs

Arteta Ramsey

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Bench: Fabianski Jenkinson Monreal Rosicky AOC Wilshere Sanogo.

1-0 win for Arsenal.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think the only debatable position assuming everyone is fit right now is the left wing, whether it is Podolski, Chamberlain or Santi with Wilshere coming into the middle. The rest picks itself.

Hopefully the lads are confident after the City game and start with a win, its a few seasons since we won on opening day isn't it?

arsmile

Established Member
this is exciting!

it doesn't half highlight our need for central midfielders...sometimes our squad looks alright there but then you remember that numbers are being taken up by diaby, and to a lesser extent rosicky....and then wilshere who has basically missed most of the last 2 seasons.....

but then where are we sorted actually?...we've got nothing behind giroud.....we have 3 CBs one of which is vermaelen who again has barely played any football (and that which he has played has been poor)....our one fit LB is injury prone.......one of our only 2 goalkeepers missed all of last season with injury too

we are so shallow!!

I don't care- I like or have confidence in pretty much all the players in the squad...We're gonna win the league!!

MaestroCesc

Dont want Podolski to start, doesnt do enough to warrant it and hasnt looked good in pre season, either put Santi there and Jack in midfield or Ox there.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Assuming we don't bring anybody in this week I think this is the side Wenger will play:

-------------------Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
----------------Arteta-Ramsey
------Walcott-----Wilshere----Cazorla
--------------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson,Rosicky, Zelboy/Gnabry, Chamberlain, Podolski, Sanogo.

GG8

THunter said:
Assuming we don't bring anybody in this week I think this is the side Wenger will play:

-------------------Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
----------------Arteta-Ramsey
------Walcott-----Wilshere----Cazorla
--------------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson,Rosicky, Zelboy/Gnabry, Chamberlain, Podolski, Sanogo.

Tough decision on the Jack/Santi/Lukaz triangle, 3 players into 2 spaces.

- Jack hasnt really lit up pre-season, but we all know the quality he has and can bring to the game, and I see great promise in a Wilshere/Ramsey partnership in MF.

- Santi still seems somewhat off the pace given his long summer, class in abundance though, wont play full game but could be tempted to start with him for an hour to try and kill Villa off.

- Lukaz hasnt done anything in pre-season on the back of a somewhat poor end to the season to merit a start in my opnion, but being so clinical at times could be usefull at this early stage.

All in all, Id start with THunters selection and maybe change Jack and Santi with Lukaz and the the Ox if things go to plan.

The rest of the team picks itself, for now!

darkgunner

I guess Gustavo may be on the bench if he arrives in time. According to reports, we are supposedly trying to tie up the deal before this game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
MaestroCesc said:
Dont want Podolski to start, doesnt do enough to warrant it and hasnt looked good in pre season, either put Santi there and Jack in midfield or Ox there.

And what has Ox done to warrant anything?

k24bfan

I think we will win 1-0 or 2-0. I expect us to keep a clean sheet. Unless we get some major injuries in defense this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom