• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Think we'll **** on chelsea to be honest.

Having watched them a few times this season I'm thoroughly unimpressed, they look very vulnerable despite Kante and without the weird psychological advantage Mourinho gave them I fancy us.

David Luiz is an absolute disaster area and Courtois has looked pretty ropey for quite a while now, Hazards form has dropped off a cliff too.

I really like the way our front three is starting to combine - Iwobi, Alexis, Theo seem to combine really well and I think will cause Chelsea some serious issues.

Our home form unfortunately with Cazorla - Coquelin partnership has not been impressing. We tend to struggle, we may win the games but they are frustrating to watch.

Hopefully Özil and Sanchez can carry us through this game!

boyinneedofhumor

Our home form unfortunately with Cazorla - Coquelin partnership has not been impressing. We tend to struggle, we may win the games but they are frustrating to watch.

Carzola may slot into Özil's position behind the forward as an option if required. And one can keep the opponent second guessing our lineup.
We now have quality to play different players.

And you have Xhaka with Elneny, the former to try incisive passes, the latter to receive and recycle possession. Or Coquelin to shore up with tackling in front of the back 4.

What I'm curious is, how do you think Chelsea will set out to play against us? Are you expecting them to go offensive or defensive, possession based or counterattacking?

We could move away from "Player A is better than player B" this season and go into "Player A for this purpose, player B for that function".

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Agree on our home form , it's peculiar. First priority is not to lose . Actually **** it just go after them . Thinkit's more important for us not to be tentative maybe more important than the points .

junglist57

Established Member
Time to shake off this slow & sloppy start we've seen on home turf. As others mentioned - this is a hugely defining game for the season, and good teams selection is gonna be paramount. We can do these bunch of Chelski prats if Arsène puts his stubborness aside, and selects correctly.

I want to see Stafi & Bosscielny put that monkey boy Costa in his place. I'm still getting over the antics he pulled last time we met at the bridge, and Maureen sticking up for him, claiming he was 'man of the match' in a post match interview - that boiled my piss.

Hopefully now with the absence of that poisonous portuguese ****, it should go some way in taming the wild rabies infested dog that is Diego Costa, and we shut them down where necessary. Plus its less of mind game with maureen elsewhere.

Pleased to see Michael Oliver as ref for this too - rate him and thinks he's fair and decent compared to some others we could of been lumped with.

See us winning this.

Oooh to, oooh to be, oooh to be a Gooner!

logic DC

first of all, I will never feel comfortable playing Chelsea with Santi-Coq as our CMs. They are too lightweight for me, one of them with Xhaka or El Nenny ok but them two against big teams it won't work. I also think Perez would do great for us if played on Saturday.

WelchyTV

Can't wait for this game, think we have a good chance beating Chelsea this year!

Xhaka has to play for me, alongside Santi.

TriniGunner

Think we'll **** on chelsea to be honest.

Having watched them a few times this season I'm thoroughly unimpressed, they look very vulnerable despite Kante and without the weird psychological advantage Mourinho gave them I fancy us.

David Luiz is an absolute disaster area and Courtois has looked pretty ropey for quite a while now, Hazards form has dropped off a cliff too.

I really like the way our front three is starting to combine - Iwobi, Alexis, Theo seem to combine really well and I think will cause Chelsea some serious issues.

You're missing one important ingredient: We need to play dirty.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Oooo the votes have a Chelsea win almost on par with an Arsenal win:bounce:. It's gonna be a juicy match whatever the outcome. Personally just hoping Costa gets fouled so much so he loses the rag completely, punches the referee and then kicks Terry in the balls while he's trying to restrain him...or his face. Same thing really. :p

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When was the last time we scored against them (in the league), let alone took some points off?

Stamford Bridge seems to be a routine 2-0 loss every season whilst I can't remember scoring against them at the Emirates for a while now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Oooo the votes have a Chelsea win almost on par with an Arsenal win:bounce:. It's gonna be a juicy match whatever the outcome. Personally just hoping Costa gets fouled so much so he loses the rag completely, punches the referee and then kicks Terry in the balls while he's trying to restrain him...or his face. Same thing really. :p

See we need you giving the team talks . Agree no point being reactive . We need to proactively niggle him ,at least 4-5 different players accidental collisions with a leading knee, stepping on toes , raking achilles a concussion would be a bonus .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
More I think about it, the more convinced I am that Xhaka and Perez should start this.

dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When was the last time we scored against them (in the league), let alone took some points off?

Stamford Bridge seems to be a routine 2-0 loss every season whilst I can't remember scoring against them at the Emirates for a while now.

RVP days , although the great man Gervinho did score against them when he played CM at the emirates , so 3 years ago?

Brett

Anyone worried about our left side, especially the lack of tracking back done by Iwobi. Willian is very good. For this reason alone I fell sanchez should start on the left.
Is Giroud fit to start?I think we are too short and need height to defend set plays.....I know what I am saying may not be popular, but can't we be a bit tactical than always following wenger's age old tried and tested to fail continuity theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom