• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Mertesacker out for three matches. Cazorla gone.

Arteta ****.

Who's captain? Theo didn't do **** today. Jack isn't back for weeks.

Not seeing anyone worth that armband at the moment. Maybe Cech, but he won't get it for obvious reasons.

Isn't it a 1 match ban?

kopzilla

Always Negative
extremely disappointed with that result, had a chance to go top, and now we're third

really wish i could be as optimistic as plenty of people are, but the heartbreak for the last few years has been realer than any title challenge we've put up lol

ill just call it right now

if City win their next game, and we lose our next one, i bet we wont see that top spot again, it hurts already

We keep forgetting Sp**s are just 2 points behind us....its all neck and neck at the moment...we keep saying to ourselves that we are better than them..etc but we have to prove it on the field...we have to cut out sloppiness and really channel our energies intelligently.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I agree. After several years of the same thing, and the same players getting injured over and over, it's troubling how Wenger and co. haven't figured out a solution yet. We dont know what goes on with the medical team, but why do we keep on so many injury prone players, even the ones who clearly aren't good enough? Every team has their fair share of passengers and injury prone players, but I think we have an inordinate amount of both kinds.

Exactly so you see why I say we already have the depth to challenge for the title, and have done for 2 years but whats prevented us is our luck with injuries and possibly a lack of mental toughness when its really required. I'd like to see if the sides who'd won the league in the previous 3 seasons had 7 or 8 players out at the same time would finish? No team can win the league with such problems.

eye4goal

Established Member
Exactly so you see why I say we already have the depth to challenge for the title, and have done for 2 years but whats prevented us is our luck with injuries and possibly a lack of mental toughness when its really required.

We did well to beat City and Olympiacos, but we've had a very kind run of fixtures otherwise upto Southampton. Its been a struggle since as you'd expect.

Sweggeh

You guys are going overboard. It was a horrible loss and I was extremely pissed after the game. But its only one game and if we go on to win the title no one will even remember this. Its what we do from here on that counts.

Worst loss since the CL final? You guys must be having a laugh. I wouldn't even say its the worst defeat of the season. At least we had the excuse of being down to 10 men against the champions. The loss at Southampton was way worse.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

You guys are going overboard. It was a horrible loss and I was extremely pissed after the game. But its only one game and if we go on to win the title no one will even remember this. Its what we do from here on that counts.

Worst loss since the CL final? You guys must be having a laugh. I wouldn't even say its the worst defeat of the season. At least we had the excuse of being down to 10 men against the champions. The loss at Southampton was way worse.

Amen to this, this is unbelievable lol. As cringe as it is, it's how the players respond that'll define them. Based on previous, they've always bounced back. Think the fans are more mentally fragile than the players, rubbing your negative vibes on them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't share your opinion. Considering we played a good performance 10vs11 only makes me look at the positives and what's to come. I see it is a confidence boost.
Barely one shot on target in 95 minutes of football, at home in our biggest game of the season so far, says that was far from a 'good' performance. It was a flattering performance. We don't give credit to Man Utd when they can't fashion a decent chance despite looking as if they dominated a side.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Depressing game. Think things will get worse too.

Yeah, I can see the wheels coming off soon.

I don't even want to think about the next transfer window and our best players if we get our usual fourth spot again.

David Smith

Established Member
Barely one shot on target in 95 minutes of football, at home in our biggest game of the season so far, says that was far from a 'good' performance. It was a flattering performance. We don't give credit to Man Utd when they can't fashion a decent chance despite looking as if they dominated a side.

We dominated possession. Enough to justify a good performance in 10vs11. The Jury is in the bag.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What about the 8-2, the 2011 Carling Cup final or the 07-08 quarter final? Those were easily worse losses.

And why was this our biggest game of the season!? What's the difference between Chelsea this year and a team that's usually where they are like Norwich or West Brom? Not like they're going to catch us...

Typical overreacting bollocks, the biggest games of our season were against Leicester, Utd and City all of which we won. Have a fu*king word.

Edit: and actually what about win or bust games against Olympiakos and Bayern f*cking Munich? Weren't they kind of important? But no that doesn't fit with the bottler narrative everyone's running with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom