• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Hull City | 04/12/13 | 7:45 PM

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
146px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
-----------------Arsenal vs Hull City-----------------
170px-Hull_City.svg.png

---------------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
-----------------------------------------------Wednesday 4th December 2013
---------------------------------------------------------Kick Off – 7:45 PM

--------------------------------
883153_Arsenal.jpg

Bench: - Fabianski, Koscielny, :shock: zil, Arteta, Ramsey, Gibbs, Jenkinson

Loken

Rotation needed here, hope Wenger follows through with it. Flamini, Walcott, Rosicky, Monreal and Vermaelen need some more game time.

Unfortunate we can't give Giroud more rest, if we have a substantial lead by the 70th minute, he should come off.

If we score first, I'm predicting a 4-0 rout. Giroud x2, Ramsey and Arteta.

Could be difficult if they sit back and defend all game long, the home crowd can be quite frustrating and this impedes our play. But at least it isn't a 3pm kick off, usually the worst for atmosphere if it's a 'banker' like this.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should do some rotation in the squad we will face Everton Napoli and Man City after Hull city so we should give players some rest Ramsey need some rest too he played all the games this season. hope Santi start as Attacking Midfielder.

Scezcney

Sagna Vermaelen Mertesacker/Kosh Monreal

Flamini Ramsey/Wilshere

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Giroud

Bench Fabianski Kosh/Metesacker Gibbs Arteta Gnabry Özil Ramsey/Wilshere.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If this isn't the time to rotate, there never will be a time.

I think Cazorla in the centre would be nice, hopefully it will make it easier for him there to get back in form.

Rosicky, Walcott, Monreal, Vermaelen should start as well.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Giroud has to play. This isn't La Liga where, if you're Madrid or Barcelona, teams will just lay down a red carpet to their goal for you. We can't be going into an important Premier League match with someone who's rarely played as CF.

The only player I'd rest is Özil, and rotate Arteta for Flamini. Mertesacker and Koscielny hardly look like they're on their last legs, so no Vermaelen for this.

----------- Back Five
-------- Flamini Ramsey
------------ Cazorla
---- Walcott Giroud Wilshere

cannonade

Established Member
This is the Premier League and Hull are not chopped liver. You can't be subbing several key players at once. If Özil sits (for Rosicky?), then the BFG, Giroud, Arteta and Ramsey have to play. Can't overly disrupt a winning squad without suffering needless dropped points.

arshy9

Established Member
Giroud Wilshere,Cazorla,Vermalen,Monreal,Rosicky,Walcott and Flamini should all start for this.

Bench:Fabianski,Gibbs,Mertesacker,Özil,Ramsey,Arteta,Gnabry.

We should really be winning this game especially since there's plenty of quality there.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
How many times were Terry-Carvalho or Ferdinand-Vidic or Campbell-Toure rotated in the league in their successful seasons? Very, very few.

Koscielny and Mertesacker should play every game barring injuries or if one of them look like they're on the verge of a burnout (unlikely in quality central defenders).

mo50

Established Member
I like OP's line-up. More than enough to dispatch of Hull at home, and with a hectic 2 weeks after this game, we'll need to rest several legs.

arshy9

Established Member
cannonade said:
This is the Premier League and Hull are not chopped liver. You can't be subbing several key players at once. If Özil sits (for Rosicky?), then the BFG, Giroud, Arteta and Ramsey have to play. Can't overly disrupt a winning squad without suffering needless dropped points.

We can't let many of our players burn out either.

We have enough quality to win this without starting some of our starters.

There's good quality on the bench for us these days.

This is about managing your players in a sensible way considering we play a game every three days and preparing ourselves for the christmas schedule.

We can make 2 or 3 changes at a time but certainly not the whole team obviously.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jenkinson. No.

I think we could get past Hull without a striker tbh, so resting Giroud could be an option . Wouldn't want to over-do it though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey and Özil will both play, the two who'll probably be rested/dropped will be Cazorla and Wilshere.

----------------------Szczesny
Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----Gibbs
-----------------Ramsey---Arteta
Walcott--------------Özil----------Rosicky
---------------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Flamini, Wilshere, Cazorla, Gnabry.

Inthe blood

Established Member
If only if were possible to rest Giroud,, although this game could help pick up his confidence.

Would like to see Walcott, Verms, Rosicky and Nacho given the nod with Özil, Caz, Mert and Gibbs rested/bench.

McIntyre

Established Member
Walcott for Özil or Cazorla.

Rosicky for Wilshere or Ramsey.

Apart from that I think making too many changes to a winning team would be a mistake.

F**k messing around with our defence, and with no proper option other than Giroud he's got to stay in too.

My mentality is always that you play a strong/strongest team, then take players off once the game is secure. If we're leading well in the second half then bring Monreal on for Gibbs, Vermaelen on for Mertesacker, take Giroud off and throw Theo up front, and so on.

But securing the three points should be the priority, long before thinking about resting players for future fixtures when the 3 points from the current fixture aren't yet in the bag.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
--------------Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
----------Flamini-Ramsey
Walcott--------Rosicky-----Cazorla
----------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Özil, Gnabry

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Monreal

Flamini - Wilshere

Walcott - Cazorla - Rosicky

Giroud

Bench: Fabianski, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Özil, Gnabry

Giroud desperately needs a break, so I'd take him off around the 60th minute at the latest, and move Walcott to CF with Gnabry at RW. This is all with the assumption that we have a lead at this point preferably 2 goals.

coopsollini

Giroud needs a rest looking at Decembers fixtures, this is the last game to contemplate it. Theo or Bendtner, I'm not sure what I would do?

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom