• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Liverpool - 30/01/13 KO: 19:45 SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

evoh_1

Established Member
Just like last season you aren't going to win enough games if you let in 2 goals more often than not, comical schoolboy sh't for the first all orund they looked like a pub team. Second is another joke especially with santos can't do a thing what is the point of this overweight clown, who thought that would be a good signing?

We created so much but couldn't convert enough of our chances while they took the few they got.

Shensy is an absolute santos as well with that mug of a turn, i'd fine him a weeks wage just for doing it but all over our back four lack basic defensive principles namely:

1) stay goalside of the attacker

2) if you are numerically weak drop and compress into position

you could learn this off a 14 year old italian but our lot are just clueless and I expect more leaked goals against a well drilled stoke side saturday.

Transfers or not we have conceded 10-12 goals directly from defensive mistakes this season, that isn't just individuals its a collective lack of ability to concentrate and do the right things. Wenger needs to go back to basics with our defending and secondly needs to drop mertesacker who looks liek a massive sack of german sh't at the moment.

dysphoria

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
. Second is another joke especially with santos can't do a thing what is the point of this overweight clown, who thought that would be a good signing?

i'd really like to know as well, does anyone know who was it(our scout or otherwise) who recommended that we sign santos? I remember it being squeak bum deadline day time when we signed him but surely, with a scouting network as extensive as ours, with the amount we paid for him, surely the other options would've been better.. I completely understand that we'll never sign the likes of alaba, cole, coentrao but it is mind boggling to think that a club of our stature would've signed someone like santos.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Santos is never a fullback he is left midfielder or winger, this man can't defend. if we use him as winger he will very useful then we use him as fullback.

evoh_1

Established Member
wenger's thoughts on the defence " (we) were nervous defensively. The goals we have conceded show we were nervous from the start"

I honestly think Arsène may now be suffering for sever mental problems, he comes out with this nonsense time after time when yes we created a number of great chances which we didn't take but left ourselves no chance with comical beyond amateur defending. You can't just get by with creating chances and having good play, you need to make sure you are sound at the back and concentrate from the 1st to the last. There wasn't any real nerves expect that these players have no idea what to do when the ball breaks loose, thats when they go to pot and look like utter clowns flaining around in the circus. How are we not working on this? Has Arsène decided there is no other way then just to shrug the shoulders?

Either way he has to go and be replaced by a more holistic manager who can coach both sides of the game not just dine out on his ability to create attractive passing football that doesn't win many games.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
yuvken said:
stidds said:
this season I gave up my season ticket that I have had since 1986 as 1) I couldn't really justify the expense and 2) I couldn't stand the dross any longer. I haven't missed it at all
I hope they are listening. They will at least notice the figures.

I also am not renewing. I dont even recognise anyone sitting around me in recent months.

dysphoria

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Santos is never a fullback he is left midfielder or winger, this man can't defend. if we use him as winger he will very useful then we use him as fullback.

i doubt so mate, he'd might be a smaller defensive liability but he'd not track back as much as we'd require from one of our wingers and considering his obvious lack of pace and power, he'd not be a proper threat going forwards either which ultimately means he won't be able to bring the best outta the likes of giroud either. He's just not a proper fit and should be shipped when possible.

dysphoria

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
wenger's thoughts on the defence " (we) were nervous defensively. The goals we have conceded show we were nervous from the start"

I honestly think Arsène may now be suffering for sever mental problems, he comes out with this nonsense time after time when yes we created a number of great chances which we didn't take but left ourselves no chance with comical beyond amateur defending. You can't just get by with creating chances and having good play, you need to make sure you are sound at the back and concentrate from the 1st to the last. There wasn't any real nerves expect that these players have no idea what to do when the ball breaks loose, thats when they go to pot and look like utter clowns flaining around in the circus. How are we not working on this? Has Arsène decided there is no other way then just to shrug the shoulders?

Either way he has to go and be replaced by a more holistic manager who can coach both sides of the game not just dine out on his ability to create attractive passing football that doesn't win many games.

either that or he really doesn't have enough of an idea of why our defence has been as poor as it has so he only can reiterate what he knows, over and over again and whatever that has been done in training or behind the scenes to try to correct the problems has not worked at all.

evoh_1

Established Member
dysphoria said:
evoh_1 said:

either that or he really doesn't have enough of an idea of why our defence has been as poor as it has so he only can reiterate what he knows, over and over again and whatever that has been done in training or behind the scenes to try to correct the problems has not worked at all.

Thats the issue. I don't rate wenger as anything like a defensive coach and the invincibles did well on being able to come back and win/draw games due to the stonking power of attack we didn't do it with a shedlaod of hard fought 0-0s.

No picture that has come out of arsenal gives any evidence of a set piece drill or defensive drill, I doubt we run them or do so properly for enough time to make them natural and you can see it on the pitch. Every set piece is a quality chance for the opponents and the defenders are often all over the shop running round players and getting in the wya of each other.

Wenger needs to leave as he WON'T change and what he does as a coach now just ins't good enough to win anything and its getting close to not being good enough to punch your weight player quality wise.

dysphoria

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
dysphoria said:
evoh_1 said:

Thats the issue. I don't rate wenger as anything like a defensive coach and the invincibles did well on being able to come back and win/draw games due to the stonking power of attack we didn't do it with a shedlaod of hard fought 0-0s.

No picture that has come out of arsenal gives any evidence of a set piece drill or defensive drill, I doubt we run them or do so properly for enough time to make them natural and you can see it on the pitch. Every set piece is a quality chance for the opponents and the defenders are often all over the shop running round players and getting in the wya of each other.

Wenger needs to leave as he WON'T change and what he does as a coach now just ins't good enough to win anything and its getting close to not being good enough to punch your weight player quality wise.

i don't think wenger even sees or cares enough as he should be about the importance of having a solid defence, he probably sees and wants the attacking play of our team to be strong and potent enough to 'carry' the team so to speak and based on the consistency of the decisions he's made throughout the years regarding our defenders and defence, it does seem to support that notion.

He's spent more on attacking players then defenders and goal keepers, the constant rotation we've seen with our CBs which time and time again, throughout the years has never happened in any team known for their tight defences, our options in defence aren't even similar kinds of players to one another let alone being of similar quality, for example, pairing mertesacker with verms as our first choice pairing then having kos/djourou on the bench who are both very different from mertesacker so when they've come in on occasion to replace him, the dynamics of the new pair is completely different from the previous one, santos is completely different from gibbs in terms of pace which we've always had in our fullbacks, jenkinson, when he was brought in, was nothing like sagna and was arguably very poor at that time when compared to sagna's defensive capabilities.

No need to discuss our goal keeping options, they've been properly shambolic for years now, then when you consider how rare and sporadic necessary collective defensive efforts the team has made over the years like pressing the opponent throughout games, hell, it just seems that defending in general is more of an afterthought compared to wenger's insistence in quick passing and ball retention.

evoh_1

Established Member
For me Wenger hasn't really cared about winning anything since 2007

he has his stability which allows him to manage his way without remit to results a footballing man on the board who would push for success would push wenger too and get him out of the development cycle that he has got himself into.

however this board and owner are myopic beyond belief, PHW has his boys club abck bigger than ever and kroenke doesn't have to lift a finger or spend a penny. Wait till this sh't comes home to roust, we haev sleep walked into desgraing the club and I can't see us getting out of it unlesse the remit each season is without fail to compete with the best domestically on wages, players, tactics, titles and go from there. The idea that just bringing i a drib and drab of revenue is going to make us an elite club is a joke. We need a sea change in the way we approach our club role to get anywhere near what the supporters deserve for coming out again and again and paying through the nose again and again for this sort of mediocre chap that has been wheeled out the last few years.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
hey guys

suarez2.gif

glaveror

Our defending was,as it was mentioned a few dozen times in this thread alone,way beyond pathetic.
And as long as we keep it that way I'm afraid we'll be nothing more than a exhibition kind of team which no one actually takes seriously,not to mention us challenging for titles..just a laughing stock to our former rivals and a great fun for neutrals to watch while we're still frustrated by the obvious deficiencies which our management simply refuses to take care of. Annoying,really..:-|

Bourne

Established Member
stidds said:
See Wenger once again spouted the same rubbish he has been spouting all season long 'great quality and sprit' etc etc.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-have-shown-great-quality-and-spirit-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... nd-spirit-</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everytime Wenger opens his mouth I cringe.

I tell you what this season I gave up my season ticket that I have had since 1986 as 1) I couldn't really justify the expense and 2) I couldn't stand the dross any longer. I haven't missed it at all, how f'in sad is that?
This is almost nailed to every post-match interview. You're just waiting for him to say it.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
dysphoria said:
evoh_1 said:
. Second is another joke especially with santos can't do a thing what is the point of this overweight clown, who thought that would be a good signing?

i'd really like to know as well, does anyone know who was it(our scout or otherwise) who recommended that we sign santos? I remember it being squeak bum deadline day time when we signed him but surely, with a scouting network as extensive as ours, with the amount we paid for him, surely the other options would've been better.. I completely understand that we'll never sign the likes of alaba, cole, coentrao but it is mind boggling to think that a club of our stature would've signed someone like santos.
He might be an overweight useless clown at this point but when we signed him and until his injury in Athens, he was pretty good and was even discussed as a starter ahead of Gibbs at one point. So let's not knock the signing itself, it is not Wenger's fault he decided to spend his summer on a fast-food tour.

Airknight

Established Member
Can't get enough of it

Sagna: slips comedically, starting the play, attempts to track and then intercept the ball in Suarez shot, but fails

Mertesacker: Doesn't care about Sturridge leaving him and wanders aimlessly trying to help, literally running behind the ball, no intelligence.

Vermaelen: Lets Sturridge go past him, worried more about the cross but then makes a total blooper out of it. When Szcz saves Sturridge shots he makes a lame attempt to cover the goal.

Gibbs: Arrives late as usual (was attacking) just in time to see how nobody bothered to help him when Sturridge went left

Ramsey: Also sees Sturridge, but what the hell, lets jog. When the rebound falls on him he attempts a backheel (why?) but oh no, he gifted the ball to Downing.

Most of all, it highlights the problem of the deepest midfielder and the centre back not covering the partner, Sturridge makes a lethal run to the left because nobody was there, and both Verms and Rambo make poor decisions by not running after him. Gibbs arrives late, he has freedom and on the rebound Ramsey makes a stupid mistake (surely something he won't ever try again), that's it.

dysphoria

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
dysphoria said:
evoh_1 said:

He might be an overweight useless clown at this point but when we signed him and until his injury in Athens, he was pretty good and was even discussed as a starter ahead of Gibbs at one point. So let's not knock the signing itself, it is not Wenger's fault he decided to spend his summer on a fast-food tour.

he was never good, never. He was just better then gibbs was at that point and not to mention that gibbs was also injured for parts of the season last. He was never solid defensively, he was better going forwards but he was NEVER good, not as a left back :lol:

Anzac

Established Member
Apparently AW says we are fantastic....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21271093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21271093</a>

Anzac

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
super, super quality

It gets even better = top, top level. :lol:

"on his group of players...
The squad is top, top level for me and I think we have to learn to trust these players and keep faith in them. We have signed a bunch of top English players who have committed to the club for the next five years. We have to keep faith in them"

Not if they're not good enough AW,
and that doesn't give you 5 years to take your time to work that out either. :bash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom