• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Liverpool - 30/01/13 KO: 19:45 SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo50

Established Member
I think the second goal was worse than the first. I kept saying "We'll clear it now. No, right now, Okay, here comes the tackle. Henderson can't shoot. F*ck".

The first one was just a calamity of errors. The second was pure incompetence.

Airknight

Established Member
Mastadon said:
That goal is like a synchronized series of f**k ups. To be fair to Ramsey I don't think he could have done much the ball was heading behind him and he was running past it.

Are you serious? you don't make a backheel in such position, he should have learnt that from Cesc.

There can't be an excuse for such a stupid move.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As soon as Sagna slipped I knew they'd score, when one of our defenders ****s up, it affects the lot of them and they all turn into imbeciles.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
DiamondGooner said:
infineon said:
Wenger won't play anyone but Giroud upfront until he's proven Giroud is the white Henry and Poldi and Walcott are wingers and not strikers.

Very true and it's a shame because a front three of Cazorla, Podolski and Theo could be very exciting, all in tandem speed wise and play wise, Podolski and Cazorla have already shown they work well together with Theo running off that play could be good .... but as you say we'll probably never find out.
It is a shame that we are scoring all these goals? Why break something that's working at the moment? Attack is not where our problems currently lie.

All these goals? we scored no more than Liverpool and one more than Brighton.

Quite frankly what you consider working I see as just acceptable.

Acceptable won't win us any thing or bring us back to our former level or yester year.

You are right on one thing our main problem is the imbalance in the team and defence .... which is even more reason to make the most of the talented players we have up front.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Giroud's quick thinking in the box has been one of the big reasons for our increased tempo during our "surges" in the past few games. Him and Poldi are playing well off each other, I doubt you'll get any more production with your set up, probably less.

alboots101

Established Member
Very dissapointed with the result but very pleased with the fightback. I'm expecting more of the same for the rest of the season.

Floating

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
All these goals? we scored no more than Liverpool and one more than Brighton.

Quite frankly what you consider working I see as just acceptable.

Acceptable won't win us any thing or bring us back to our former level or yester year.

You are right on one thing our main problem is the imbalance in the team and defence .... which is even more reason to make the most of the talented players we have up front.

That's because our defense conceded 4 embarrassing goals in those two games, not because we couldn't score enough.

blrgooner

Established Member
I was just watching the game again and even when watching for the second time, that Santos mistake in the end got me really frustrated. Gives the ball away tamely at first and then doesn`t even try to run back to cover leaving acres of space for Suarez...
I can`t bear to watch Santos in an Arsenal shirt again. He is pathetic.

MaestroCesc

Mertesacker was so bad yesterday, it was a joke. One of his strongest attributes is his positioning, he was caught out time and time again because he was in the wrong place. He is so slow that if he doesnt make the tackle he will never be able to get back and recover.

Some fans go way over the top with Santos, last year everyone was debating who should start Santos or Gibbs, he was no way near as bad defensively last year either and his attacking play was good, now his attacking play is rubbish, when again its supposed to be his strong point.

Again i thought Ramsey was excellent yesterday seems to have alot more confidence. Giroud was good, great link up and good goal but he really has to bury that pretty much open goal chance.

Airknight

Established Member
Bar the Ramsey part i agree, Santos is the hated player of the month.

He had it coming since the RVP incident anyway.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
infineon said:
Wenger won't play anyone but Giroud upfront until he's proven Giroud is the white Henry and Poldi and Walcott are wingers and not strikers.

Said like a true 12 year old......

Is that why both Theo & Gervinho have played up front this season.

Why would you NOT want our "White" Henry to play CF when he has started scoring for fun.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What a match yesterday!

Watched it with 2 Liverpool fans who really took the result like a loss.

From an Arsenal perspective, the performance was just way too typical, from a defensive calamity point of view. Keystone Cops were back in force.

From a seemingly powder puff strike force a few months ago, our front 3 have exploded in recent times and once again the Podolski/Giroud/Walcott axis looked dangerous and showed their striking prowess with 2 well taken goals amongst them. Although not scring, Podolski was involved and dangerous all night. In fact all front 5 players had good evening. Ramsey was good without being spectacular.

Unfortunately our back 5 could not manage to match their attacking counterparts and the least said about our defending the better, not sure how much more can be said actually. Errors can be corrected but you have to wonder why so many are committed.

Aside from our defensive foibles, the injury to Keiran Gibbs was the other low point of the evening. Gibbs has shown great improvement this season and will be missed sorely, particularly as the the tubby spectre of Andre Santos looms large. Thankfully it seems The Boss has "spent some fcking money" and thrown some shackles at our new feeder club, Malaga.

Phew.

Overall, a point from $hitty, Chel$ki & Liverpool was nowhere enough. The silver lining is that neither Chelsea nor 5pud2 seemed to have really capitalized and are still within reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom