• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Manchester United – 4:00pm - 22/01/12

Bossa

Established Member
I feel a bit sorry for Arshavin. Two seasons ago he was my favourite player by far and I thought that he would have a Ronaldo-esque season after his half a season debut. I think that we should try and sell him to Anzhi or Lazio because when the fans lose faith in you then its better for you to go. He's thirty years old and I just dont think that he will redeem himself.

Airknight

Established Member
Cruisio said:
Yet again, disagree. If ANYONE can tell me a better way to voice your displeasure at a particular decision during the game I would love to hear it, I really would

A boo at the end of the game does nothing, just sounds like droning and isnt narrowed down to what the particular issue was. None of us were booing because we lost the game (nobody was that confident going in anyway) we were booing because of the manner of the loss and the decisions made that led to it happening

If the captain of the football club, the one who is involved inside more than any of us and actually DOING it on the pitch, Wengers ambassador on the pitch if you like, is questioning the decision during the game (shouting "No" and "F**k" so how can you say the fans reaction is any worse? Its not like we could run up to Wenger and have a quiet word is it

To anyone confused, being at the game, it booing wasnt directed AT Arshavin, it was directed at the decision to take off our best player for a player who has shown nothing. Had Benayoun came on, or Park, you would have seen a similar reaction (but not AS strong as they havent been given as many chances as Arshavin to prove otherwise)

Easy, leave the stadium. The effect is pretty much the same and is more noticed by the media, not disrupting the players so much, specially when there is chance of end up winning the game.

I feel this booing issue is being overrated because for some, it didn't mean they thought the match was lost, but their patience with Wenger after all those years was finally gone.

I'm against it, but the reaction of the crowd is, sadly, completely justified by what they've endured, if i was there, maybe i'd have booed too.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
You can't split the 'booing-hairs' like that though.

Player X is announced to replace Player Y. Boos ring out. Player X is coming on, still some boos. Then some cheers mixed in with boos. Who's cheering, who's booing? It makes no difference. You can't label the original boos with 'this is for you Wenger, not Arshavin', not only because you can't but because it's not true, of course they were for/a reflection on Arshavin as well. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Cruisio

Established Member
Did you not read what I said? Read the part again about Park and Benayoun and see if you still come up with the same response ;)

Bossa

Established Member
I really dont have a problem with booing. It mirrors how the crowd feels and a crowd have the right to express how they feel. These guys pay a lot of money to watch this club play week in and week out. When the majority of the crowd are booing then you know that there's a situation at the club. We just lost 3 EPL games in a row and we're a 11 points behind ****ing Sp**s.

Fans are booing because they are not happy how Arsenal are performing for the past years and the direction that they are heading not because of just a single incident like the sub.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The booing was aimed at both Shava and Wenger. It had to be.

If we were taking off AOC and bringing on Messi, you wouldn't hear booing.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
The booing was for Wenger taking off probably our best player while that donkey on the right wing stayed on. Although, bringing Arshavin probably didn't help.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Cruisio said:
Did you not read what I said? Read the part again about Park and Benayoun and see if you still come up with the same response ;)
Yeh, I read it. So, erm, yeah, the response stands. :?

Irish_Owen

Established Member
How about we all just settle on the fact that not every fan was booing about the same thing, and that all your points of view were represented by perspective booers?

Cruisio

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Cruisio said:
Yeh, I read it. So, erm, yeah, the response stands. :?

So when I said that the reaction would have been similar but less for Park and Benayoun, did you not see that as me actually agreeing with your point? :D

dpt49

Established Member
La Sagna said:
I haven't seen a Russian sub cause this much trouble since the cold war
Excellent,
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this. But the only amusing thing I noticed in the game was that after the substitutions by both teams in the second half, two Parks came on the park.
Sorry about that.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom