• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Stop the Martial circle jerk ffs.

The kid has played five games for them, proven jackshit up to now.

Did you miss him tearing us apart last season?

Anyway, back to the game. I think we'll turn up and Theo will play out of skin... 2-1/1-0/3-1.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Is the Wenger press conference online yet? Apparently it was really interesting.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Just went over to redcafe, feck me I really want us to shut them up.

"We'll murder these fannies"

"Van Gaal will easily outsmart Wenger tactically and give us a comfortable victory"

"Arsenal 2-5 United"

"I actually believe we will just completely obliterate them 3-0."

I really hope these go on the dressing room wall.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Just went over to redcafe, feck me I really want us to shut them up.
After they lost to Chelsea last season someone on there said "this is the result that tells me we're going to win the league next season". :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wenger saying we have two world-class goalkeepers in that press conference. o_O

ChampagneFootball

"We'll murder these fannies"

"Van Gaal will easily outsmart Wenger tactically and give us a comfortable victory"

"Arsenal 2-5 United"

"I actually believe we will just completely obliterate them 3-0."

I really hope these go on the dressing room wall.

Why would we need to plaster the words of a group of (probably) plastic United fans to motivate our squad?

If we show up, we'll win.. they have a 19 year old as their best player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Martial would have been an infinite improvement. No idea why we wasn't all over it.

As long as we have Alexis, proven over a season and back in the goals in his second. Will I pass on that "infinite improvement".

BobP

Memri Fan
What is the nonsense I've been hearing about Martial playing out of his skin against us for Monaco.

Lad did **** all, I remember watching the game and just thinking that he was just a pace merchant.

Have also put a sizable bet on United to win. Win/win scenario.

ChampagneFootball

I swear that our club is riddled with a disaster complex with some of the stuff you'd read about us.. we're 3 points off the top of the table.. We should have won against Liverpool but for a poor linesman - we should have won against Chelsea after it should have been 11v10 (or 9, given the Zouma choke) but for a poor referee..

Fair enough, the CL has been extremely poor.. but people writing us off and in the same breath bigging up the chances of a team like United who have less world class players than us, are literally relying on a 19 year old to keep up his (admittedly) staggering form for an entire season and hoping that an old and unfit permacrock survives playing in a league without a winter break.

It's time to rally around the team.. if we win on Sunday (which we have a proper chance of doing) we'll be maximum 2 points off the top of the table. Not bad given our 'disastrous start' huh?

Also sick of the narrative that Per is some kind of huge liability - the same narrative arises in the build up to every game 'OMG imagine Per 1on1 with ______'. In big games, where we are compact, he normally plays well.

blaze_of_glory

Well we're undefeated in our last two games against them, which is something we've not been able to say in a long time. Both games were at their place though, and in recent seasons we've almost been a surer bet away. We lost last time we played them at the Emirates, despite dominating the game (as usual).

Let's just hope we've broken the Utd hoodoo and we can go out there and beat them like we know we can.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I only remember one moment Per really disappointed me, and that was against Liverpool when he ducked. Besides that he does everything that can be expected from him. He needs cover though, our system doesn't work when we don't have a great CB covering him for his pace. He knows that as well. He reads the game well so he's never usually put in that position.

He's our captain for a reason.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
He rarely gets angry. He gets provoked a lot with Mourinho, but never usually bites. This is new.

Promising, almost.

He definitely gets angry. But his self control is very good, impeccable in fact. Which unfortunately holds him back in some regards.

BobP

Memri Fan
In terms of pure defending, Per is one of the best, there aren't many better, but physical attributes hold him back.

The amount of times I've sat back watching the game, seen Per 1 on 1 with a speedy little player and thought "we're done" before Per just reads the game, sticks out his foot to win the ball is innumerable.

It's a testament to him that he isn't exposed more than he has been.

On another note, do you guys remember in the earlier FIFA games how one could sort of set up a scenario before kicking off? That definitely applies to us and Rooney, may as well put us a goal down before the game starts if that **** is starting against us, always scores.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

In terms of pure defending, Per is one of the best, there aren't many better, but physical attributes hold him back.

The amount of times I've sat back watching the game, seen Per 1 on 1 with a speedy little player and thought "we're done" before Per just reads the game, sticks out his foot to win the ball is innumerable.

It's a testament to him that he isn't exposed more than he has been.

On another note, do you guys remember in the earlier FIFA games how one could sort of set up a scenario before kicking off? That definitely applies to us and Rooney, may as well put us a goal down before the game starts if that **** is starting against us, always scores.

Petr Cech reckons he is one of the best readers of the game he has seen .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom