• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs QPR – 3:00pm – 27/10/12

Vela

Established Member
I agree, it wasn't the best performance but we won the game which was the most important thing. Sometimes you have to win ugly. Of course there is a lot of work to do, it's just early days for this team IMO. There are many things which need to be addressed and improved on.

Great to see Wilshere back it's like he's never been away. Sagna was solid today and I would say one of Arsenal's best players.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
mavelous said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mannone
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsey - - Arteta
- Gnabry - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- Giroud

Bench: - Martinez, Vermaelen, Santos, Frimpong, Arshavin, Wilshere, Gervinho

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 1 - - - QPR - 0
- Podolski

Please just win, I can't take another blunt attacking display.

please do more predictions
:lol: To be fair, I get them wrong almost every time. Had to get lucky sooner or later.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
@Vela: I have read a few posts since I joined where our performance was compared to bottom table teams and the instant response was 'how our standards have fallen'. What would be the response this time when 'champions man city' got a lucky escape scraping a 1-0 at home against Swansea?!

US_Gooner

Established Member
Vela said:
I agree, it wasn't the best performance but we won the game which was the most important thing. Sometimes you have to win ugly. Of course there is a lot of work to do, it's just early days for this team IMO. There are many things which need to be addressed and improved on.

Great to see Wilshere back it's like he's never been away. Sagna was solid today and I would say one of Arsenal's best players.
Level-headed and upbeat as usual. I feel better already.

Gotta admit, it was nice to see Jack back with that silky dribble.

perspolis

I think we played much much better today compared to the two previous games. I think if it wasn't for Julio Cesar we'd have walked out wit a 2-3 goal margin honestly.

1- Arshavin is class, I don't care what others say!
2- Giroud worked really hard today, both offensively and defensively
3- Jack is back, nuff said
4- Arteta is a massive player for us, irreplaceable!

perspolis

Azeem Khaja said:
@Vela: I have read a few posts since I joined where our performance was compared to bottom table teams and the instant response was 'how our standards have fallen'. What would be the response this time when 'champions man city' got a lucky escape scraping a 1-0 at home against Swansea?!

I actually watched that game... Swansea deserved the 3 points hands down no questions asked! They created a ton of chances and always looked better...

The difference was really in dollars. ManCity the rich ass team with lots of star players, and one of those star players made the difference. Otherwise, as a team, they really suck and are painful to watch!

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Ramsey is the new denilson end of. Absolutely nothing he did came off a first game wilshere coming off a year long lay off looked sharper then him embarrassing player .

MaestroCesc

Wrighty4eva said:
Ramsey is the new denilson end of. Absolutely nothing he did came off a first game wilshere coming off a year long lay off looked sharper then him embarrassing player .
Bit of a knee jerk reaction... He has had a good season so far just dont play him at RM, when he was moved to CM there was a noticeable improvement

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Wrighty4eva said:
Bit of a knee jerk reaction... He has had a good season so far just dont play him at RM, when he was moved to CM there was a noticeable improvement
Sorry but no knee jerk here, Ramseys been either consistently bad or average even in his preferred position first off hes way to pedestrian and plays with no urgency even the half time commentator mention something about him swapping shirts at half time ?
not only that but i lost count the amount of times this guy tried a cross field pass and the ball went out to touch, if your a good player you should be able to do a decent job anywhere on the pitch, and this guy was just piss poor and has been for quite some time after his leg break .

RUS arsenal

Established Member
My opinion of the last few games is that we were in a slump. Even though some are getting scapegoated, almost all of our players were sub-par during this stretch and all should take an equal share of the blame. Hopefully this win stops the slide and we will be back to early season form.

Another important factor is Wilshere as he gives us a measure of balance in the midfield that was lost when Diaby went down. Before the season started I said that our fortunes will hinge on at least 3 of Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshere and Diaby being fit at any one time and I still stand by that.

dreamLord

Established Member
Wrighty4eva said:

Thought he grew into the game when he shifted to CM and Walcott was at RW. He doesn't have the skills and tricks to beat his man as a winger - what else did we expect? Once the midfield opened out a bit and we had space to counter, Ramsey was decent in bringing the ball forward. When our team is faced with 2 solid banks of 4, we run out of ideas - same with Ramsey.

His decision making is still horrid though. Something I fear he'll never learn or grow into ; you either have it (like Fabregas and Wilshere), or you don't.

dreamLord

Established Member
Oh, and knowing Ferguson and the fact that he saw our first half game today, he'll instruct his team to defend and counter, which, as everyone knows, is our weakness.

VAVAVOOM 14

I'm sick to death of Ramsey, slows down our play, gets caught in possession, and plays lateral passes.

We're not as efficient with him in an attacking role. His dribbling is atrocious, so one-footed and is incapable of gliding past players. He always ends up going in circles.

mo50

Established Member
Yeah, Ramsey at RW is going to have to stop. We first saw it being used for tough away games last season, but now he's being used out wide against the team bottom of the table in a home game. Unacceptable really, he isn't a wide man, his dribbling moves when hugging the touch line and facing the fullback are cringeworthy, his crossing hasn't been up to scratch and we lack an extra goal threat when he's played there. Not his fault, it`s not his natural position. We had Gervinho and Walcott on the bench so a lack of options isn`t the reason he was used there.

By all means play him there when we go to places like OT, Stamford Bridge, etc where we`ll need a more conservative approach but not at home to some bottom feeder.

Why the need for 4 midfielders + Podolski out wide against QPR at home makes me scratch my head. Far too much pointless possession and not enough goal threat.

I'd also like Podolski to be closer to the box. I'm sure having to help Santos for large parts of the game doesn't help his attacking game one bit.

Having Sagna and Wilshere back and looking in good shape is ****ing massive. The way Jack influenced things from CM was excellent to watch. He`ll bring a lot to the table. Sagna put in a great shift too. Jenkinson has done very well but Sagna is comfortably a few levels ahead of him so it`s nice having him back.

Enfield

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
yousif_arsenal said:
a_fourteen said:
How is it that whenever we go to Old trafford we are in the midst of our worst form? Another bloody humiliation awaits. This time led by that cvnt.

i will said again both teams have problems manure have problems with the defense and we have problem upfront, plus our lineup will be much much stronger then last year, our back 5 last year was when we play against manure was chesney traore djourou kosh and jenko, the things are not same this year our back 5 is stronger. and our midfield is better then the last year.
It doesn't matter how shlt their defense is. We have registered one goal against Norwich and qpr both of whom were at the bottom of the table when we played them. I fear us getting torn to shreds next week by RVP and Rooney's movement. Not to mention the torment we tend to have on the flanks.

i think we will be up for it. :wink:[/quote]

Sadly you can't expect that, we were humiliated last year up there and still rolled over when they came to the emirates. We didn't even look up for it during the return.

One of the things that really annoys me with wenger is how he never seems to have our guys pumped up to play with pride and passion. Hopefully we'll have Gibbs, kos and Jack starting next week. Those three alone could make a good difference turning a handful of their attacks into attacks for us

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the extended highlights of the game.. What are some people talking about?

Yes, we weren't exceptional but we certainly weren't rubbish!

We could have had 3 or 4 had QPR not had a World Class 'keeper in goal. Santi was intricate, Wilshere was sharp, Arteta did well, Ramsey grew into the game late on, Sagna was brilliant on his return and Mannone made one or two good saves. Giroud looked good up top too, he's always looking to score, the goals will come.

We got lucky with the goal but that's the kind of luck you need to turn your form around. Let's win at Reading and give a real good account of ourselves at Yanited.

It's not all doom and gloom, man.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Saying we "could" of had 3-4 but then QPR could of had 2-3 as well as you said Mannone had to do some goal line saves.

You can say that in almost every game, we were pants with the only shining lights on Sagna and Wilshere.

We are a long way off where we were a month or so ago and I think a lot of it stems from the system we are playing now that were using Giroud more often.

He and Gervinho offer so much different qualities up front that you have to play very different games which our midfield are struggling with.

Basically if you play Giroud it looks to me like he needs to play with another striker so I would swap around Podolski and Santi but Wenger is to inflexible to actually do something about it.

MaestroCesc

DiamondGooner said:
Saying we "could" of had 3-4 but then QPR could of had 2-3 as well as you said Mannone had to do some goal line saves.

You can say that in almost every game, we were pants with the only shining lights on Sagna and Wilshere.

We are a long way off where we were a month or so ago and I think a lot of it stems from the system we are playing now that were using Giroud more often.

He and Gervinho offer so much different qualities up front that you have to play very different games which our midfield are struggling with.

Basically if you play Giroud it looks to me like he needs to play with another striker so I would swap around Podolski and Santi but Wenger is to inflexible to actually do something about it.
Mannone only made one shot in the whole match and that was Mackie, they only had two chances in the whole game and they were in the last 5 minutes but they were very good chances whereas we had countless chances including Ramsey hitting the bar, Cazorla had a sitter, Caesar made some brilliant saves. So I do think we deserved to win

I disagree, i dont think our midfield was struggling with the different styles, they were struggling getting to the strikers and around the opposition box because we didnt have a Diaby or a Wilshere and the strikers movement was awful meaning there was no space. I think our midfield has the ability to cope with different styles of play

Next week we could be playing nearly our best team and we havent done that in awhile

Szcesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Areta-Wilshere
Cazorla
Walcott/OX-Giroud-Podolski/Ox

Depending on what CB partnership you prefer and if you prefer Diaby in the side and Cazorla pushed out to winger then that could be our best team for this season which naturally should create a much better performance, so i am not pessimistic about next week

MaestroCesc

Wrighty4eva said:
MaestroCesc said:
Wrighty4eva said:
Sorry but no knee jerk here, Ramseys been either consistently bad or average even in his preferred position first off hes way to pedestrian and plays with no urgency even the half time commentator mention something about him swapping shirts at half time ?
not only that but i lost count the amount of times this guy tried a cross field pass and the ball went out to touch, if your a good player you should be able to do a decent job anywhere on the pitch, and this guy was just piss poor and has been for quite some time after his leg break .
He has had a good season so far, with bad performances coming against only Norwich, Schalke where everyone was awful and yesterday where he was playing RM at home so thats not really unfair, so i dont get where you got piss poor peeformances from. He only tried 1 cross field pass yesterday and it went out of play.

Not really if you used to playing CM and you have no pace or trickery, moving to RM will be hard. On your assumption Areta isnt a good player then?

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom