• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Southampton – 3pm – 15/9/12 - Player

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
Arsenal vs Southampton
200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

--------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
-----------------------------------------Saturday 15th September 2012
--------------------------------------------------Kick off – 3:00pm
------------------------
logo.gif

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diaby - - Arteta
- Chamberlain - - - - - Cazorla - - - -- -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Mannone, Koscielny, Santos, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Gervinho

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 2 - - - Southampton - 0
- Giroud
- Diaby

DontPushMe

I always hate this international break, so early in the year, finally we have football back, then we have to wait 2 weeks when the season is only new.

Should win this comfortably. Another 2-0 i think.

Szczesny
Jenkinson-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Diaby-Arteta
Chamberlain-Cazorla-Podolski
Giroud

If Walcott signs a deal between now and then, he'll start over Chambo, but it looks like wenger's taking a hard stance on this one (finally)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
international break again ffs i hate them hope our lads stay fit. southampton is good team play very well vs man ****ty but i expecting from us to win this game

Szczesny

Jenko Kosh Tv5 Gibbs

Diaby Arteta

AOC/Walcott Caz Poldi

Giorud

2-0 giroud will score the both goal he need to trust him self he is good player with good movements off the ball.

infineon

Established Member
Might see Walcott return (injury/tiredness depending after international break). I think Wenger is rotating the right side to see what works and what doesn't atm rather than thinking too much about the contract stuff.

DasBootist

I also predict Giroud to break his duck in the upcoming match. I expect three points for Arsenal, taking them to eight points from twelve.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Southampton good team told you they winning vs manure 1-0. looks like they dont like to park the bus.

darkgunner

Sagna is running again, according to reports and his twitter. I think it will be next month, or at the end of the month, when he will come back.

Jack and Rosicky should be around that time frame as well.

infineon

Established Member
I have found teams are more likely to park the bus against us than other teams, including, United. United's game is less possession based so the other side doesn't chase shadows so much for 90 mins. In contrast, our opposition expect us to have 60+% possession and sit back to conserve energy and keep tight.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Ox did struggle a bit today but I think Wenger saw after the last game that having bombing wingers isn't complimenting our possession game.

He seems to have gone back to the more steady build up of clever inter changing passes we used to enjoy back when Helb and Rosicky were our wide men.

I think with our lack of striker depth we have to cultivate our midfield strength and make it our advantage cause last year our midfield was very below par possession and passing wise.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

..................Szczesny
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
- - - - - - - Diaby - - Arteta
- Cazorla - - - - Ramsey - - - -- -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - Giroud

Id like to see Ramsey get a run out and at home to Southampton should be a good game to bring in back into the starting XI. Also moving Cazorla outwide with the idea of crossing in for Giroud to finally break his duck.

squallkid

Established Member
Wenger on Diaby.

"As long as you don't concede, everyone feels better but I credit the whole team. Abou Diaby gets better every game but we need to be cautious with him because he has had so many injuries. He can have a little breather in the international break."

Either he means Diaby won't play for France or he will rest him here.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can't take this one lightly, Southampton have been excellent every time I've watched them, have been unlucky not to get the point they deserve.

I'd like to see;

512319_Arsenal.jpg

Although I would agree with Bingobob in a sense that I wouldn't mind seeing Rambo getting 20-25 minutes.

Can see another 2-0, Ox against his former club and Giroud to break his duck. Confidence should be sky high after the Liverpool result so lets go on a run now, COYG!!

phenn

Judging by the way they've played against Man Utd they might be willing to actually play with us and not just sit deep. If that's the case I'd like to see much the same as today except for Theo in for Ox.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom