• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Southampton | Sat 23rd Nov | 3:00pm

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
cannonade said:
infineon said:
Fergie and United won so many titles playing like this week in, week out.

Exactly. And it's games like these we've bottled in times past. Really liking this team more and more. :D

We had many, many performances like this in 03/04 when we routed the league.

I'm loving these (mostly) efficient and professional wins, but the team in 03/04 we were in control in every minute of nearly every single league match, whereas this season we seem to go through a couple of dangerous spells where we can't keep possession and our passing disintegrates.

I suppose not having one of the greatest central midfielders in history any more is a big reason for that.
V :| V

blaze_of_glory

I was getting sour at Wanyama, he's very frustrating to play against. Excellent at breaking up play when he's on his game.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Apparently Giroud's grandfather passed away two days ago, which explains his celebration. Nice to see him tuck two away in his honour.

Floating

Established Member
Giroud and Szczesny were fantastic. Santi was great in the second half, and Jack in the first.

Roll on Marseille.

Anzac

Established Member
Great result after a break & against a side I thought would ask questions with their pressing game.

Well done & congrats to all.

yuvken

Established Member
Kos and Gibbs. No one said it, so I do.

(Also great to have Oz doing what he can, Giroud did well robbing that poor sod, and scoring a rather poorly taken penalty, Chez did well too. Jack had his moments as well).

Professional. 4 pt. gap. All that matters.

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
Great result after a break & against a side I thought would ask questions with their pressing game.
They did. For about 8 minutes in each half. Game was over once Wanyama got a yellow, IMO.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
yousif_arsenal said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Both goals were fortunate tbf, but I'll take it. It's not like ManUre complain when they get dodgy penalties, bring 'em on!

Don't think its fortunate 1st goal was stupid from their keeper and good pressure from Giroud and 2nd goal was clear penalty Its not like Southampton got robbed they done nothing to win the game. but still Southampton good team i can see them finishing top 8 this season.

Of course it was fortunate, we're not going to face teams with a dumbass keeper that tries 13 Cruyff turns in front of his own goal every week. The penalty was soft too.

Anyway like I said, no complaints and I'll certainly take it.

cannonade

Established Member
yuvken said:
Kos and Gibbs. No one said it, so I do.

(Also great to have Oz doing what he can, Giroud did well robbing that poor sod, and scoring a rather poorly taken penalty, Chez did well too. Jack had his moments as well).

Professional. 4 pt. gap. All that matters.

Got to respectfully disagree on the pen. He sent the keeper one way and routinely stuck it where he had been. Saw no problems with it. What did you see?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah it was a good pen, he gave the keeper the eyes, shaped his body as if he was going to shoot towards the bottom left corner and curled it the opposite way last minute.

He's a good pen taker, his penalty against Fenerbahce was emphatic too!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
DJ_Markstar said:
The penalty was soft too.

Soft because most refs simply ignore shirt-pulling in the box, and because Mertesacker didn't throw himself to the ground maybe. But it was definitely a penalty by the rulebook, and seeing how blatant Fonte was pulling Merte's shirt and his resigned reaction after Clattenburg gave it I wouldn't even call it soft. We should have had a penalty earlier when Cazorla was tripped in the box anyways.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Yeah it was a good pen, he gave the keeper the eyes, shaped his body as if he was going to shoot towards the bottom left corner and curled it the opposite way last minute.

He's a good pen taker, his penalty against Fenerbahce was emphatic too!

I thought it was a poor pen myself. Had the keeper just guessed right, the ball was nowhere near the far corner, so would have been easily saved. I thought he over-did the dummying too, but the mug bought it. Still, as they say...the best pens are the ones that go in!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
jones said:
DJ_Markstar said:
The penalty was soft too.

Soft because most refs simply ignore shirt-pulling in the box, and because Mertesacker didn't throw himself to the ground maybe. But it was definitely a penalty by the rulebook, and seeing how blatant Fonte was pulling Merte's shirt and his resigned reaction after Clattenburg gave it I wouldn't even call it soft. We should have had a penalty earlier when Cazorla was tripped in the box anyways.

Letter of the law says pen, but if we saw them given for every shirt tug, we'd be seeing rugby scores every week! Typical Arsenal--when we get a bit of luck on a decision, it's the ****ing right one anyway! Back to being arse fked next week as payback now, no doubt.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Caz19 said:
I literally just came back from a week trip with my school. Missed the game. The only thing I know is that we won 2-0.

Can someone sum up the game and tell me how we played?

1st half : Giroud run, tackle, head, pass, press and scores. everywhere in a good way.

k24bfan

With Mikel out, only natural that Giroud would take it. I don't know why Theo doesn't take them since he takes free kicks...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I also missed the game, and the reports on Giroud's performance are wildly conflicting. They vary from dogsh!t to fantastic. I'll have to have a look myself.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
k24bfan said:
With Mikel out, only natural that Giroud would take it. I don't know why Theo doesn't take them since he takes free kicks...

He'd obviously break the net and cause another 'ghost goal' furore...

Eduardo_da_Silva

I realised everybody talking about Wanyama should have picked up a red (something I don't agree with) but after the game finished, and after watching a replay about an hour ago, I think he was their best player. So much running, so much power, and the tactical side of his game isn't that bad as well. Alson, Ward - Prowse is one to watch as well. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the two in our team.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom