• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Southampton | Sat 23rd Nov | 3:00pm

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
redanddread said:
A solid professional job today, the likes of which we could have done with over the last few years. What I like about this team is that they are comfortable defending without the ball. They don't get opened up like our previous teams. There is a confidence, maturity and know how in this squad and it showed today.

Against the bigger teams, they're finding their feet still IMO but the win in Dortmund and the manner of the narrow defeat at OT will strengthen this team. Our team is still growing.

Southampton never had a sniff really for all the pressure they put us under.

I agreed we look much better when we dont have the ball, ofcourse there is room for improvement but its looking good lets keep improving.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
Rain Dance said:
true, but I think he is instructed to keep long shots to a minimum. Remember he did try a 40 yard chip in his first match (against Southampton was it?) and gradually he stopped doing any shooting moves outside the box

R6qrD.gif

43187755.jpg

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I could not watch the penalty,I turned round much to the amazement of the gooner sitting behind me :)
Our first goal will be put into a video of football blunders

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What the **** was Boruc doing?! :lol: He could've just made a simple pass to the full back.

Southampton still impressed me defensively. They didn't give much away apart from the Boruc blunder and a fairly soft penno.

Seeing Walcott back was mouth watering though. The reaction from the fans said it all - every time Özil had the ball and Walcott made a run, they went wild :lol:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
What the **** was Boruc doing?! :lol: He could've just made a simple pass to the full back.

Southampton still impressed me defensively. They didn't give much away apart from the Boruc blunder and a fairly soft penno.
Among all of us, ironically you are the closest one to understand that act.
Overconfidence, most likely.

Yeah Southampton are good defensively, it was gonna be tight but thanks to Boruc it isn't :lol:

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
I was at the game and have to disagree with the crowd being good. The atmosphere was non-existent apart from a few minutes after the first goal and after individual bits of brilliance from Ramsey, Wilshere and Özil. Lots of middle-aged moaners seated around me as well who can't grasp seeing out a game professionally is preferable to bombing forward like brainless cretins.

Our home fans are as bad as people make them out to be, and I accepted that long ago. Our away fans are the best in country, and I find myself having a much better time at away games.

Using the move to the Emirates is an easy excuse, but even at Highbury there were countless moaners who used to hurl abuse at Ray Parlour, and even Ljungberg and Lauren on occasions.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I felt like Wilshere played a really good mature game, his ability to break through a high pressing midfield is such a bonus in games like this.

If we ever need a physical ball-winning player with a good touch we need to look no further than Wanyama. Very impressing, had the ability to pressure like Flamini, and the positional sense to cut out danger of Arteta, and is obviously much more powerful than either.

So many times he was placed perfectly to intercept against us.

halfvolley

Johnny_Blaze said:
I was at the game and have to disagree with the crowd being good. The atmosphere was non-existent apart from a few minutes after the first goal and after individual bits of brilliance from Ramsey, Wilshere and Özil. Lots of middle-aged moaners seated around me as well who can't grasp seeing out a game professionally is preferable to bombing forward like brainless cretins.

Our home fans are as bad as people make them out to be, and I accepted that long ago. Our away fans are the best in country, and I find myself having a much better time at away games.

Using the move to the Emirates is an easy excuse, but even at Highbury there were countless moaners who used to hurl abuse at Ray Parlour, and even Ljungberg and Lauren on occasions.

We need a dedicated singing section, it will make all the difference. Well, it won't get rid of the entitled moaning elsewhere, but it will create a better atmosphere for sure. You need a permanent section that holds the initiative and starts new chants for the rest to follow. And the most actively vocal supporters will gravitate to that section which will make it better and better.

a_fourteen

Established Member
halfvolley said:
Johnny_Blaze said:

We need a dedicated singing section, it will make all the difference. Well, it won't get rid of the entitled moaning elsewhere, but it will create a better atmosphere for sure. You need a permanent section that holds the initiative and starts new chants for the rest to follow. And the most actively vocal supporters will gravitate to that section which will make it better and better.
time to bring back The Wonder of You? :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
I felt like Wilshere played a really good mature game, his ability to break through a high pressing midfield is such a bonus in games like this.

If we ever need a physical ball-winning player with a good touch we need to look no further than Wanyama. Very impressing, had the ability to pressure like Flamini, and the positional sense to cut out danger of Arteta, and is obviously much more powerful than either.

So many times he was placed perfectly to intercept against us.

He looked mediocre on the ball, though.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We do have dedicated singing sections. Problem is the ground is so big now you can't hear them in the majority of the ground. What we need is some back and forth singing across the ground like at Highbury. Seems to have been some of that this season which was awesome to hear.

Have a listen to A Bergkamp Wonderland podcast, they just put a podcast about the atmosphere with guests from supporters groups.

The Escaped Ape

Good solid result. We were calm under pressure and took our chances. Yes, the first goal was a gift, but you don't get gifts like that unless you go looking for them sometimes.

By the way, who watches Adrian Clarke's post match analysis on Arsenal Player? I'm quite a fan. Nice to see someone who only played 9 games with us come good as well. :lol:

halfvolley

Jasard said:
We do have dedicated singing sections. Problem is the ground is so big now you can't hear them in the majority of the ground. What we need is some back and forth singing across the ground like at Highbury. Seems to have been some of that this season which was awesome to hear.

Have a listen to A Bergkamp Wonderland podcast, they just put a podcast about the atmosphere with guests from supporters groups.

Well, we do, but the stadium is so massive that a small section like the red corner is nowhere near enough. You need a proper section of at least 5000 people to make a real difference.

I'll check out the podcast, sounds interesting!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

halfvolley said:
Jasard said:

Well, we do, but the stadium is so massive that a small section like the red corner is nowhere near enough. You need a proper section of at least 5000 people to make a real difference.

I'll check out the podcast, sounds interesting!

Yeah definitely. I never get to go to games anymore but the few I have been to at the Emirates - when ever someone got up to start getting people singing everyone would sort of look at him like they're a bit mad or acting up. Sad really, that was a while ago though.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great result, no clue about the performance though since I missed the whole second half and partly the first as well.

Could anyone enlighten me, regarding Arteta? Did he get injured?

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom