• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Sp**s – 12:45pm – 17/11/12 | SS2

say yes

forum master baiter
THunter said:
I noticed a lot of fans standing for most of the game, makes the atmosphere ten times better.

Yup always happens in the big games. In the smaller games the stewards are much more proactive about forcing people to sit down - they don't seem to bother in games likes these which is great because as you said, the atmosphere is so much better as a result.

Glovegun said:
I agree with iced22.

As much as it pains me to say it, and I loved every minute of the game, incredible atmosphere in the ground, I think they would have won with eleven. That's just my honest opinion. When Adebayor and Defoe were interchanging and Bale and Lennon were getting forward, we didn't look able to cope. There were far too many hearts-in-mouths moments for me. I was also quite impressed with AVB's tactical switch. That's the sort of proactive management I'd like to see from Arsène more often.

One thing I will say is that when Bale is in full flight there are very, very few players in world football who can cope with him, so we shouldn't be too harsh on that score. He's still a chimp-faced glory-hunting bellend though, utter c*nt.

Disagree tbh, I was pretty confident even after they scored. We're notoriously slow starters - this year especially and we were always going to strike back - just look at the 5-2 last year (or the 5-3 against AVB's Chelsea).
Sp**s were the better side for the first 15 minutes but it was just that - 15 minutes.

That's not to say we shouldn't learn lessons from that first 15 minutes though, primarily:
(a) Stop starting games with the urgency of a stoned sloth
(b) Get someone in our midfield who knows how to defend

mistaT

Established Member
THunter said:
I noticed a lot of fans standing for most of the game, makes the atmosphere ten times better.

Caught that too - looked to be a cracking game.

How feasible is it to get tickets to the NLD at the Emirates?

ArsenalDNA

MaestroCesc said:
Lol @ Unclie Mike although to be fair most of them are lobby posters who are all knee jerk fans.

Yeah most of the people mike called out are troll accounts.

Freeloader, mario101, block6gooner, woolwich, wurzisepp and benjjoh are all trolls.

Still funny though.

Truant

mistaT said:
Sells out quick but there were loads on ticket exchange from the week leading up to it.

Therefore, very feasible if you're a member. If not you can check @arsenal_tickets online where people sell some for face value, usually snapped up quick though. Either-way, be prepared to dish out £80+ (worth it for Saturday's atmosphere though :D )

mistaT

Established Member
Truant said:
mistaT said:
Either-way, be prepared to dish out £80+ (worth it for Saturday's atmosphere though :D )

Oh I'll be shelling out far more than that to come to a game.

jinjin5000

Uncle Mike said:
blahblahblah

Its lobby. What do you expect? They are terrible knee-jerkers, and while all of us are knee-jerkers to certain extent, they are almost bipolar in their knee-jerking. Their viewpoint changes every 3 days or so.

I know this because I recently got promoted here :wink: Freeloader and Arsenalno1fan has been standouts though. And I understand Arsenalno1fan has been on Arseanl Talk for some time before being demoted?

The_Playmaker said:
I think it is becoming increasingly evident, that the more we cross the ball the more chances we create.

Has been Manchester United's way for years ain't it?

Anyways, bit of mixing up is always welcome.

jerome2158

Established Member
Been to a little over a dozen matches in the last few years (which isn't bad in my opinion, considering there's an ocean and a little island known as Ireland in the way) but have yet to be able to get a Sp**s ticket. Came close once, but it was our loss in 2010 so...no regrets there.

But with that said...great result, definitely a morale booster even though we had the man advantage for so long.

Also absolutely love the giroud hey jude song.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Was there on Saturday. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing throughout. Me and my brother lost our voices by half time. The crowd in our vicinity were pretty quiet but my riotous behaviour ensured even they felt compelled to abuse the **** out of the **** players and fans eventually.

dysphoria

Established Member
lets not get ahead of ourselves uncle mike, i've been a gooner long enough to know that anything is possible with the arsenal, it was an excellent result against the ****s down the road, some good performances and was an excellent day out for the fans but just as the team was capable of putting in performances like that, they're also just as capable of not turning up and 'playing with the handbrake on'.

Of course i want the team to do well but until they can produce a sustained run of good form resulting in positive results, its hard to have absolute confidence in them as shown by most fans getting nervous when it was 4-2 despite us being a man up.

As always, its not the quality of the players we have but rather their mental fragility, i just really wish the players would man up, believe in themselves a tad more and not let themselves crumble when a couple of results don't go their way, pretty unusual for a team that isn't as young as it previously was just a few years ago.

beck

Established Member
mistaT said:
THunter said:

Caught that too - looked to be a cracking game.

get a membership apply on the day they go on sale 3500 held back for red members

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom