• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Sp**s – 12:45pm – 17/11/12 | SS2

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
The Ox really turned it on for his cameo yesterday, good to see because he hasn't been looking himself lately, looking to take players on and making things happen hopefully he can build on this and have a really good season.

Segway

Wrighty4eva said:
The Ox really turned it on for his cameo yesterday, good to see because he hasn't been looking himself lately, looking to take players on and making things happen hopefully he can build on this and have a really good season.

Yep, his cameo was very impressive. He's just such an exciting player with his dribbling ability and intelligence which he really displayed at Saturday.

infineon

Established Member
Segway said:
Yep, his cameo was very impressive. He's just such an exciting player with his dribbling ability and intelligence which he really displayed at Saturday.
This is why it would be weird if we were really in for Zaha. Zaha is really more in the Ox mould than Theo, given that we have Ryo as well, there would be a lot of competition in the squad for the "pacey dribbling winger" role. Not that I don't think Zaha could be a great player but if we have too much competition in the squad, some players will never get to play, they will get frustrated and either decline to obscurity or leave.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I was in the Emirates on Saturday, Absolutely stunning atmosphere, I loved every minute of it!

trunks206

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
I was in the Emirates on Saturday, Absolutely stunning atmosphere, I loved every minute of it!

First Arsenal game, vs Sp**s, a win, 5 goals and a former player turned **** was sent off...what a memorable day. You sir were spoiled.

Glad you had fun!

iced22

Nice result, red card covered up a lot of our continued failings tbh, but the potential impact this has mentally on us could be massive down the road.

Part of the reason we've struggled recently is because teams have figured out that if they shut down Arteta, they effectively blow our offense to bits. The Spuds did that early on with Defoe, and we struggled as usual. Ade's red, however, meant Defoe was forced to go further forward to maintain some attacking threat. The Spuds CMs, meanwhile, were occupied with Cazorla and Wilshere (who played like a flat midfield 2 slightly ahead of Arteta, with Cazorla allowed more freedom to drive forward. Not terribly unlike Xavi and Iniesta's setup for Barca actually), and couldnt push up on Arteta. AVB switching to a 3 man defense was so that he could have an extra man in midfield to take care of Arteta (Dempsey), and as a result we had some struggles early in the second half. The 3 man defense, however, opened up space on the flanks, which we exploited very well for the 4th and 5th goals.

Just my take on this, but tbh the red card had a much bigger impact on this than some think, and have masked the problems evident this season. The confidence boost is the biggest positive to take out of this, and hopefully that can translate into a good run like last season.

HollandGooner

Established Member

trunks206 said:
HollandGooner said:

First Arsenal game, vs Sp**s, a win, 5 goals and a former player turned **** was sent off...what a memorable day. You sir were spoiled.

Glad you had fun!

Yes, it was a day that i will never forget, great atmosphere, the Sp**s fans were silenced, just a great day.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
HollandGooner said:
trunks206 said:
HollandGooner said:

Glad you had fun!

Yes, it was a day that i will never forget, great atmosphere, the Sp**s fans were silenced, just a great day.

I am almost jealous of you :lol:
I've never been to Emirates and I was going nuts watching the game in a local pub. When Per headed it in, I just knew the floodgates were opening up.

I can only imagine how it is to experience that atmosphere firsthand at the stadium.

Glovegun

Established Member
I agree with iced22.

As much as it pains me to say it, and I loved every minute of the game, incredible atmosphere in the ground, I think they would have won with eleven. That's just my honest opinion. When Adebayor and Defoe were interchanging and Bale and Lennon were getting forward, we didn't look able to cope. There were far too many hearts-in-mouths moments for me. I was also quite impressed with AVB's tactical switch. That's the sort of proactive management I'd like to see from Arsène more often.

One thing I will say is that when Bale is in full flight there are very, very few players in world football who can cope with him, so we shouldn't be too harsh on that score. He's still a chimp-faced glory-hunting bellend though, utter c*nt.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Glovegun said:
I agree with iced22.

As much as it pains me to say it, and I loved every minute of the game, incredible atmosphere in the ground, I think they would have won with eleven. That's just my honest opinion. When Adebayor and Defoe were interchanging and Bale and Lennon were getting forward, we didn't look able to cope. There were far too many hearts-in-mouths moments for me. I was also quite impressed with AVB's tactical switch. That's the sort of proactive management I'd like to see from Arsène more often.

One thing I will say is that when Bale is in full flight there are very, very few players in world football who can cope with him, so we shouldn't be too harsh on that score. He's still a chimp-faced glory-hunting bellend though, utter c*nt.

Only noticed one tactical switch, at the start of the second half, which was anything but proactive.....reactive one of the highest order.
I expected him to immediately make some sort of switch after Ade got sent off, not half an hour later at 3-1 down.

In case you're refering to a switch he made prior to the game I apologize, because I didn't notice one.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I noticed a lot of fans standing for most of the game, makes the atmosphere ten times better.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

HollandGooner said:
trunks206 said:
HollandGooner said:

Glad you had fun!

Im very pleased for you. Games like the QPR one for example, and Schalke, the crowd were very flat and disillusioned. My whole block just would not sing, and to an extent i can understand it really.

This Sp**s game was a real lift in the atmosphere, it was as intense as i had heard it in some years. I am glad so many players stood up to be counted, and the fans really were behind them.

It was a nuts atmosphere...my girlfriend was actually a little scared this time.

HollandGooner

Established Member

I could not understand all the songs the fans were signing but here are some:

Who are you tottnumb?
Adebayor your .. is a ...
Tottenumb you always failing to hold on a lead.
Giroud ohh, Giroud ohh,
Santi Cazorla lalala Santi Cazorla.
Who are ya?
We have a big ****ing german (I guess they are meaning Mertesacker)
We have two ****ing germans (Podolski Mertesacker)
And ofcourse the Arsenal song.

I am still buzzed by it, great feeling. When i just walked away from the stadion, I saw a Porsche 911 Turbo coming by in black, but i wasnt bothered by it, It was Cazorla,when i watched the movie just a few pages back.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Here some pictures from Saturday.

64399044270781094061689.jpg

60264844270786694201841.jpg

57518544270748693253490.jpg

24894444270762693601625.jpg

23015744270756293441122.jpg

67889442707754939212622.jpg

65321442707850941613956.jpg

46411442707886942517053.jpg

46411442707886942517053.jpg

28051442707910943120077.jpg

28052442707658936812663.jpg

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Some songs from sat included...

"We've got a big ****ing German...a big ****ing gerrrman"

"1 nil...and you ****ed it up, 1 nil, and you ****ed it up"

"Ohhh Santi Cazorla" (to the tune of seven nation army)

"Na na na na na na na, na na na na...Girouuuuuud" (hey jude)

"- What do you think of tottenham?
- ****!
- What do you think of ****?
- Tottenham
- Thank you
- That's alright
We hate Tottenham and we hate Tottenham
We are Tottenham haters
"

The crowd were in good form.

pet

Glovegun said:
As much as it pains me to say it, and I loved every minute of the game, incredible atmosphere in the ground, I think they would have won with eleven. That's just my honest opinion.

they started well, but the team that plays better in the first 20 minutes doesn't always win. i'm sure we'd have showed up eventually and dominated parts of the match

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Loved the bit of Szczesny's post match interview, where he said:

".....and we showed everyone that there is a difference in class between these two teams."

Yeah, the red card had a huge say in that, but I couldn't give a ****. The result is all that matters and the result is telling.

MaestroCesc

Podolski should best rested for Montpellier and Ox should come in, everything he did in his cameo worked, he went round his man countless times with trickery and pace. His dribbling skills are immense but what i was most impressed about was the Walcott goal, after sprinting clear of the defenders he easily could have had a shot as he had sight of goal but instead squared it to Walcott who was in a better position and he scored. Not many youngsters would have done that, they would have gone for personal glory, not only does that sure he isnt selfish but also he has a football brain

The win was amazing and so was the atmosphere, Sp**s fans were ****, worst then most away fans and this was a NLD! But after the game i realised last year was better because of the position we were in, and we came back from 2-0 down and they had 10 men, but that takes nothing away from Saturday which was incredible. A pity the block i sit in is ****, not many sing and the stewards try and make you sit down, a couple of Sp**s fans even had the nerve to sit with the home fans and celebrate when they scored, they were duly kicked out after that

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Shame on all of you shown here:

infineon on November 10th, 2012, 12:39 pm: "God, they could annihilate us. We are so bad defensively."

dysphoria on November 10th, 2012, 12:51 pm: "They'll turn up full of confidence and fight whereas we're starting to see more and more of our players slowly lose what little confidence they had to begin with, they'll kill us on the flanks and in set pieces, if AVB is worth his money, he'll put 1 yid **** on arteta and another one on cazorla and totally shut us down. Really don't see how we're going to get anything from this, maybe we have some chance at attacking set pieces but then again, whatever we can/will score, you can ******* bet our defending will undo everything."

Lukas Podolski on November 10th, 2012, 1:02 pm: "Time to drop Podolski... However, Wenger would never drop Vermaelen or Poldi because he's a narrow minded idiot."

Freeloader on November 10th, 2012, 1:08 pm: "Another loss or draw for us. I would say definitely a loss but that would mean I admit that Sp**s have a better side."

dpt49 on November 10th, 2012, 1:15 pm: "Our home form is atrocious. If we get anything out of this I will be surprised."

block6gooner on November 10th, 2012, 1:17 pm: "Sp**s to win and put another nail in the coffin of this corrupt board"

Quicker than Walcott on November 10th, 2012, 3:40 pm: "It is disgusting that we have sunk so low to regularly fear these despicable c.unts. But we will lose this I am sure. Pathetic team."

Repulsive (aptly named) on November 10th, 2012, 4:12 pm: "2-1 Loss"

Haruko the Goon on November 10th, 2012, 4:41 pm: "Oh god. Nothing but fear plagues my mind. This never use to happen."

Gervais on November 10th, 2012, 4:45 pm: "Reckon we'll win 2-2 with Podolski getting our goals and Friedel and Dempsey getting Sp**s' goals."

AndreiRosicky on November 10th, 2012, 11:36 pm: "Same 4 words: No Arshavin, no win. combined with these 4 words defines Arsenal. Ramsey plays cant win." (Wrong, and wrong.)

OvermarsM on November 11th, 2012, 9:39 am: "We are going to get dicked!"

perspolis on November 11th, 2012, 2:54 pm: "This is going to be a tied game or a loss for Arsenal. We're just not good enough."

Sean6 on November 11th, 2012, 3:12 pm: "AVB will probably play with 2 DMs and we wont do anything and theyll hit us on the counter. Its gonna be a boring match. Dembele and Bale are gonna tear us."

Mario101 on November 11th, 2012, 9:29 pm: "take a draw right now, Sp**s will bully us in midfield and out pace us on the wings"

benjjoh on November 12th, 2012, 3:02 am: "We have no chance of winning this. Absolutely zero chance. Bale will run rampant and Adebayor will score a couple. It will be a thrasing. 4-1"

block6gooner (2nd offense) on November 12th, 2012, 3:33 am: "Sp**s will win. I've got to the point where, because i dislike the running of the club so much, I think defeats will benefit the club in the long run...if it leads to change"

Gervais (2nd offense) on November 12th, 2012, 6:59 am: "Gonna say 3-0 win to Tottenham, they're better than us in every department unfortunately."

arsenalalways on November 12th, 2012, 7:51 am: "I would predict Sp**s win. It will be good for Sp**s to win so that wenger knows he must buy on Jan or do something to the current squad."

Freeloader (2nd offense, and wrong on both counts) on November 13th, 2012, 8:58 am: "We will lose if Ramsey/Santos play."

OvermarsM (2nd offense) on November 13th, 2012, 12:16 pm: "We are going to get completly Over Powered in midfield."

benjjoh (2nd offense) on November 14th, 2012, 12:55 pm: "We will be dominated in this game for sure. It will be another embarrassing loss. 1-4"

Woolwichgooner on November 14th, 2012, 1:54 pm: "So called full strength team is rubbish!"

Santi Claus on November 14th, 2012, 7:10 pm: "I definitely think we need to replace Podolski on the left wing with someone that has actual pace... Not at all confident for this game. I'd have to go for a 2-2 final score, possibly with us throwing away a two goal lead (yes, again). At this moment in time I would take the draw, if offered."

TheGooneRas on November 17th, 2012, 7:44 am (just before kickoff, my time): "Knowing what happens, Lloris, Gallas, Ade, Vertonghen will all have monster games against us."

SiMamu on November 17th, 2012, 7:53 am: "Wow, Mertesacker is an attrocious marker, couldn't mark an inanimate object. Swap Kos and Mert around as Koscielny won't get paced."

TheGooneRas (2nd offense) on November 17th, 2012, 7:58 am: "**** the NLD I'm playing Black Ops 2. Just my prediction, we love 6-0. With Gallas and Adebayor getting hattricks against us. Fml."

WurzlSepp on November 17th, 2012, 7:59 am (when it became 1-0 to The ****): "Adebayor... Would have loved if he stayed at Arsenal!" Bloody hell.

arsmile on November 17th, 2012, 7:56 am: "i dotn know what's worse- our defence or our attack. cant get on the ball/fall apart off it. this is as anti-football as it gets."

morpho on November 17th, 2012, 7:59 am: "just dont understand... our midfield cant play together... "

Lukas Podolski (2nd offense) on November 17th, 2012, 8:00 am: "Anyone still want Wenger in? This is basically our first team. We've got some really good players out and look how **** Wenger has us playing... again."

1970*Gooner on November 17th, 2012, 8:00 am: "WE are going to have a whupping today, if we keep p[laying like this, fook they are sad in defence."

Freeloader (3rd offense) on November 17th, 2012, 8:34 am, by which point it was 3-1 to The Arsenal: "I'm still worried about the second half. Two goal leads aren't enough we need to score atleast 3 more to really be safe."

jasongms on November 17th, 2012, 8:38 am: "You guys need to calm the **** down ... we are know where near satisfactory"

CurryFlavoured on November 17th, 2012, 8:58 am: "If anyone can throw away a two goal lead against 10 men its us, so my hopes arent up just yet"

thegoonist on November 17th, 2012, 9:12 am, when it became 4-2: "oh god. we're gonna bottle it. ramshit comes on and promptly gives the ball away. when will the ****head learn he is NOT DENNIS BERGKAMP?! **** OFF"

WurzlSepp (2nd offense) on November 17th, 2012, 9:19 am: "Oh my dear... Conceded an easy goal, Ramsey on... what next lose 4:5?"

Freeloader (4th offense) on November 17th, 2012, 9:20 am: "We cant even keep the ball against 10 men. This team is ******* pathetic."

block6gooner (3rd offense) on November 17th, 2012, 9:21 am: "Who would be surprised if it ended 4-4? Not many. That's not right"

Freeloader (5th offense, and it is reported for anti-gay bigotry -- which in this case is also a lie) on November 17th, 2012, 9:22 am: "Is this ******* real? Cocksucker Wenger is bringing on Santos and Ramsey. The guy is a faggot."

Shame, shame, shame.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom