• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Swansea– 3:00pm – 01/12/12

Pea-Tear-Griffin

michu over giroud lol, if giroud started today he would have scored the gervinho chances.[/quote]

Why is Giroud immune to criticism. He is too slow for our attack, had one good spell and now he is going to save our season. He is at the most going to get us around 13 goals each season, which is simply not good enough when replacing the best ST in the league.

Michu is better than him,I think he is joint top scorer.[/quote]

Giroud is better then michu but giroud is lack service when he had service he will score goals. he is not rvp of course michu also is not rvp also.[/quote]

Michu is tied for goals with RVP, Giroud is not. It would have made 0 difference if Giroud was playing. He should be creating chances himself. If Michu is scoring in games with no service which has happened, why can a better play in Giroud not.

Michu is sadly a far better player, for £10 million less.

Stillmatic

yousif_arsenal said:
michu over giroud lol, if giroud started today he would have scored the gervinho chances.

You don't know that, it's not like Giroud hasn't missed some great chances as well. Obviously I would rather Giroud play up top ahead of Gervinho but if he's too tired to start then he's too tired. I'd even rather Chamakh start ahead of Gervinho but for some reason he can't even make the bench. :roll: Which then brings me onto Arshavin...

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Michu is easily better than every striker we've currently got. Look at how he finished his chances today and tell me if we've got anybody with such composure in front of goal at the club.

You can lose a game of football and that's part of the game but what I cannot accept is losing without even putting up a fight, at least make the opponent earn his victory by giving your absolute best but lately we've become LOSERS and unfortunately I don't see anybody at our club from top to bottom including Wenger that looks bothered or hates losing as much as he should and that's unacceptable both as a competitor and as a human being with self pride and dignity.

Usually when players are not gifted they tend to compensate their lack of talent with hard work, desire, determination and strong will to succeed but I've never seen bunch of average players with lack of all those things I've mentioned above like the guys we have at our club. What we've got at Arsenal is completely the opposite and I blame nobody else but Wenger for that as he's solely responsible for how his team performs on the pitch and at the moment it's disgraceful and embarrasses this great club and it's mass loyal fans across the globe.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
How did our famed scouting network miss Michu? I'd have him over Giroud any day and twice on match days.

So would I, he finished with class both goals, I remember thinking our strikers would have rushed/bottled those chances.

Why are our players so mentally friggin weak these days?

DiamondGooner

Established Member
bojed said:
Thank you "knee jerkers" for making my day!

Reminded me a bit of what AM used to be back in the good old days.

Proper fun!

Dude where have you been? it's like this every match day?

Can't blame anyone really, not when were losing or drawing every game and getting outplayed by mid table teams with half our finances or prestige.

Dwangoon

Glad Arsenal lost...

Swansea were far superior for the 90 minutes and played as a team, more effective possession, at the Emirates!

Can't expect anymore from a prostitute club, like I said a few weeks ago, just watch the game, laugh off and carry on with life. It has become meaningless spending any money or attention. Investing too much will only hurt one party, yourself or your health.

Wenger with his lame usual excuse, only got 2 words for him, "Shut Up". We all can easily guess his excuses like fatigue, lack of mental strength and sharpness, blame some ref or decisions or tight schedule. At this rate, it will escalate to "Get Lost", either the board go, or Wenger will be made the sacrifice.

Where's Usmanov by the way..

infineon

Established Member
The whole Michu thing is overblown. He is one of those signings that "lower placed" (I struggle to say this given our present predicament) clubs can afford to make like Ba/Cisse at Newcastle. A gamble. The guy is 26 and had only played one season in La Liga. He was also playing in midfield and not as a striker.

Giroud was a striker. Scored a lot in every level in played in and had some European and international experience. Not world class but at £12m, or whatever we paid, someone with a good chance of having reasonable success with us.

Unfortunately, we missed out on Michu's potential but it isn't a big deal, these things happen.

What is more surprising is why we didn't take a punt on Berbatov? Proven PL quality @ £5m I believe - oh, wait - he is over 30 and therefore rubbish. Sigh.

Dwangoon

Arsenal 0-2 Swansea | Their wage bill is £17.4m, ours is £130m
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oohtobeagooner.com/arsenal-0-2-swansea-wage-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oohtobeagooner.com/arsenal-0 ... wage-bill/</a>?

so where is the depth Wenger always say he has when he doesn't want to buy any good players? where is the quality? in Man City or Man Utd or somewhere?

dpt49

Established Member
bojed said:

Proper fun!
Hardly.
The systematic dismantling of the Invincibles, without adequately replacing them has been happening since we last won the league.,

dpt49

Established Member
infineon said:
What is more surprising is why we didn't take a punt on Berbatov? Proven PL quality @ £5m I believe - oh, wait - he is over 30 and therefore rubbish. Sigh.
I totally agree with this, especially as we had sold RVP to them.
Experienced PL players at the top level are hard to come by and he would have done a decent job here.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
DiamondGooner said:
bojed said:

Proper fun!

Dude where have you been? it's like this every match day?

Can't blame anyone really, not when were losing or drawing every game and getting outplayed by mid table teams with half our finances or prestige.

I'll put this mildly; my infrequent visits to AM is more due to some of the higher level members' passionate love of looking down on others rather than the current sorry state of arsenal fc :)

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
dpt49 said:
bojed said:

Proper fun!
Hardly.
The systematic dismantling of the Invincibles, without adequately replacing them has been happening since we last won the league.,

I don't think you get what i was trying to say :wink:

Vela

Established Member
Swansea outplayed us and deserved the victory. Arsenal lacked creativity once again, the current midfield isn't working. It's not dominating games at the moment.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we need this, we need to scrape the bottom of the barrel, we need to fall out of the Champions League, finish below Sp**s. It seems as though we have all forgotten who it is that supports all these money makers at the top.

We need to remind the decision makers, including Wenger, that its not him that really has the final say. Its not for him that fills up the Emirates and makes up the numbers of support when the team travels away.

We need to fall to our knees, lose whatever is dear to the board and Wenger, so that they are ripped from their respective priorities and personal projects.

To quote Deepak Chopra, "All great changes are preceded by chaos"

Glovegun

Established Member
Wenger has lost his transfer market mojo. He needs to take his hand out of the Ligue 1 cookie jar.

Gervinho should not even be a professional footballer. The guy can't cross, can't head, can't shoot, is physically weak and has no tactical understanding whatsoever. Watching him closely yesterday you could see that he's got no idea about where to run or where to stand. Absolute dross. I'd put a few others in that category too but luckily they don't seem to get on the pitch as much.

I maintain that we've got the makings of a half-decent squad, but they're clearly being managed the wrong way. I don't know what sort of football AW wants them to play, but this insipid, static five-a-side crap just isn't working. If he's trying to emulate Barca, he's failed. Go back to what made us good please. I want counter-attacking power play with technically gifted athletes, not this. It bores me to death.

If Wenger won't do it, we need to bring in someone who can. Sadly, there's no pressure on the manager because he makes the board money, and we exist in this pointless state of limbo. I've never seen a side change 80% of it's starting XI every season yet stay in the same place.

Swansea were hugely impressive yesterday. None of those players have big reputations but there's something in the water over there. Everyone's talking about Michu, but Dyer looks a real player, as does that left-back. Rangel is a quality player and Leon Britton bossed it in the middle. They're the model that any aspirational club should adopt.

A word for their fans as well. Loud as anything, all match, and didn't resort to any of that * rubbish or other tasteless chants you get from some clubs. Sang about their own for 90 minutes. They've definitely won me over, I hope they kick on this season. Good on em.

dysphoria

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Wenger has lost his transfer market mojo. He needs to take his hand out of the Ligue 1 cookie jar.

Gervinho should not even be a professional footballer. The guy can't cross, can't head, can't shoot, is physically weak and has no tactical understanding whatsoever. Watching him closely yesterday you could see that he's got no idea about where to run or where to stand. Absolute dross. I'd put a few others in that category too but luckily they don't seem to get on the pitch as much.

I maintain that we've got the makings of a half-decent squad, but they're clearly being managed the wrong way. I don't know what sort of football AW wants them to play, but this insipid, static five-a-side crap just isn't working. If he's trying to emulate Barca, he's failed. Go back to what made us good please. I want counter-attacking power play with technically gifted athletes, not this. It bores me to death.

If Wenger won't do it, we need to bring in someone who can. Sadly, there's no pressure on the manager because he makes the board money, and we exist in this pointless state of limbo. I've never seen a side change 80% of it's starting XI every season yet stay in the same place.

Swansea were hugely impressive yesterday. None of those players have big reputations but there's something in the water over there. Everyone's talking about Michu, but Dyer looks a real player, as does that left-back. Rangel is a quality player and Leon Britton bossed it in the middle. They're the model that any aspirational club should adopt.

A word for their fans as well. Loud as anything, all match, and didn't resort to any of that * rubbish or other tasteless chants you get from some clubs. Sang about their own for 90 minutes. They've definitely won me over, I hope they kick on this season. Good on em.

Am loving this post but sad to say, i think NONE of our players in the squad at the moment can be considered to be a 'technically gifted athlete', diaby who probably is the closest is just too injury prone to be of any worth, everyone else has very obvious short comings. Now, that'd be fine if wenger could make them work as a collective unit but all he seems to be able to do is to expose each player's flaws that bit more.

Giroud - clear lack of pace but need not be that big an issue if supplied with sufficient service.

Podolski - lack of movement and work rate which should be addressed by wenger. No idea why he's always being played on the left when he obviously isn't a player who'll give you width, poor tactical nous from wenger.

Theo - obvious lack of consistency, don't really know what to make of him at the moment but i guess its moot anyways, he should be off soon enough.

Gervinho - lack of intelligence, movement, skill and application obviously stems from a lack of confidence and desire, poor man management yet again.

Arteta - lack of physique shouldn't matter that much as long as the entire team keeps their work rate and movement high to help him, that's not the case. He's also obviously lacking confidence to try anything, remember, he used to be one of everton's creative passers, now, all he mostly does is shift the ball backwards or sideways.

Cazorla - has been overplayed in his debut season, is obviously fatigued and almost every opposition manager has put two players on him to nullify his contributions. Also, on the rare occasion he does have the chance to pick a pass, there is very little movement ahead of him.

Wilshere - Obviously not sharp yet, so much pressure on his shoulders to deliver and save us time and time again despite being a kid, just came back from a long layoff into a team that wasn't around when he got injured.

No point getting into the defence or GKs, i really don't see how wenger is going to get us out of this slump, when you've got less talented players, you've got to get them to put in extra effort to make up for it, wenger isn't capable of doing that nor does he seem interested in buying talented
players to restore the balance, if anything, even though on a totally different scale, we resemble the rubbish that is going on at QPR at the moment, bunch of overpaid players who don't either work hard enough or are set up in a style of play to compliment their capabilities and both teams have their fair share of deadweight that cannot be shipped out which effectively hamstrings what the manager can do.

Cruisio

Established Member
Just to add onto that Glovegun I thought Ki looked a real player as well

Sat in front of the back four, was always looking for the ball and keeping things ticking over, we need more of that. There were so many times yesterday where Arteta made himself unavailable for a pass from our centrebacks that just led to endless passing between them

Oh, and I applauded that move they nearly scored from in the first half. No idea how many passes it was but had Chesney not saved it it would have been one hell of a goal

MaestroCesc

Michu will get the plaudits but i thought Rangel was the best and has caught my eye the most out of their players.

Their first goal was atrocious defending, a simple one two beat our defense and to make it even worse they did it a few minutes earlier. Our defense just doesnt learn. One of the fullbacks should have spotted the danger earlier and covered, Vermaelen didnt track Michu and Mertesacker was way too slow and didnt get tight

infineon

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Their first goal was atrocious defending, a simple one two beat our defense and to make it even worse they did it a few minutes earlier. Our defense just doesnt learn. One of the fullbacks should have spotted the danger earlier and covered, Vermaelen didnt track Michu and Mertesacker was way too slow and didnt get tight
The first goal just showed why Vermaelen is a good defender but not a great one. He should have known that he HAD to make AND win that tackle but he just stuck a half-hearted leg out.

Sam the Duck

Dwangoon said:
Glad Arsenal lost...

Swansea were far superior for the 90 minutes and played as a team, more effective possession, at the Emirates!

Can't expect anymore from a prostitute club, like I said a few weeks ago, just watch the game, laugh off and carry on with life.

Which team are you supporting?

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom