• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Swansea– 3:00pm – 01/12/12

Stillmatic

Jenkinson may have messed up but he was giving his all, Rosicky wasn't and that's the whole point.

glaveror said:
Just watched highlights again and really,what the hell was that? It's like he was only running back so he can see him score from a better position.
Maybe he wanted to exchange shirts with him?

I know, I can't get over what Rosicky did, I'm surprised there are not more fans making a fuss about it. I heard that Perry Groves said something on the matter.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
OUT: Diaby (was never any good), Rosicky (was once good but has now had it), Fabianski, Mannone, Denilson (on loan but who's kidding who), Bendtner (ditto)

ONE LAST CHANCE: Walcott, Chamakh, Arshavin (though I'm inclined to bump him to the next category below)

ON PROBATION: Arteta (has been shocking 3 of the last 4 League games), Gervinho (though he's thisclose to being bumped to the last category above), Santos, Vermaelen (as a Captain)

NEED MORE TIME TO JUDGE FAIRLY: Podolski, Djourou (has barely played since March '11), Squillaci (ditto), Ramsey (still needs to show he's come back), Coquelin (we haven't really seen enough of him), Jenkinson (ditto), Miquel (ditto), Eisefeld (have hardly seen him at all), Gnabry (ditto), Shea (ditto), Yennaris (ditto), Frimpong (on loan), Park (ditto), Ryo (ditto), Campbell (ditto)

KEEP: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Wilshere, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Gibbs

fabo

6.51 / 10
Rosicky's a bottler, we already knew that.

You simply cannot do what Jenkinson did there though, either hit it across to Rosicky or go safe and back to Szczesny. He had more than enough time. This team is so idiotic at times. Then we have Vermaelen making more and more errors with his stellar positioning.

Michu looks fantastic, it has to be said. He's pure gold in Fantasy Football this year.

MaestroCesc

Szczesny in his interview said Swansea wanted it more than us, which is pretty disgusting. We are 10th how can the players not want it at least equally as much as the opposition to get out of this position

Vela

Established Member
Swansea did want it more than us they out played us and pressed us fantastically. We created hardly anything, at the moment the midfield is the weak link in this Arsenal team and there isn't enough movement from the front three.

evoh_1

Established Member
Not getting someone like capoue, m'villa or dembele has left us looking weak as **** when the sh!t goes down in midifeld without losing skill on the ball. how we relied on diaby and wilshere to replace song's muscular role is beyond me, about the same as expecting podoslki, gervinho, walcott and giroud to be able ot play together and score enough point winning goals.

dysphoria

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
OUT: Diaby (was never any good), Rosicky (was once good but has now had it), Fabianski, Mannone, Denilson (on loan but who's kidding who), Bendtner (ditto)

ONE LAST CHANCE: Walcott, Chamakh, Arshavin (though I'm inclined to bump him to the next category below)

ON PROBATION: Arteta (has been shocking 3 of the last 4 League games), Gervinho (though he's thisclose to being bumped to the last category above), Santos, Vermaelen (as a Captain)

NEED MORE TIME TO JUDGE FAIRLY: Podolski, Djourou (has barely played since March '11), Squillaci (ditto), Ramsey (still needs to show he's come back), Coquelin (we haven't really seen enough of him), Jenkinson (ditto), Miquel (ditto), Eisefeld (have hardly seen him at all), Gnabry (ditto), Shea (ditto), Yennaris (ditto), Frimpong (on loan), Park (ditto), Ryo (ditto), Campbell (ditto)

KEEP: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Wilshere, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Gibbs

think we have more urgent issues then djourou but to say that you need more time to judge him fairly..haha..the lad's been here for 8 going on to 9 years, think we've seen what there is to see when it concerns him.

walcott's off, one way or another, if he doesn't sign his extension, the club will sell him, chamakh is dead wood simply based on the rational that wenger is so reluctant to use him and the same applies for arshavin too.

infineon

Established Member
Stillmatic said:
Jenkinson may have messed up but he was giving his all, Rosicky wasn't and that's the whole point.
glaveror said:
Just watched highlights again and really,what the hell was that? It's like he was only running back so he can see him score from a better position.
I know, I can't get over what Rosicky did, I'm surprised there are not more fans making a fuss about it. I heard that Perry Groves said something on the matter.
tbh there was nothing Rosicky could do once Michu got into the box. If he had carried on running and tried to challenge, Michu would have taken the shot sooner. We were dead and buried once Jenks lost the ball.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Of course he could of done something, a player sliding in or at least applying pressure is going to put you off a fair bit. But his attitude basically summed up the team, no effort and no heart, I understand his just come back from injury but if his not fully fit then tell the manager, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be playing if he said he wasn't ready yet.

Airknight

Established Member
infineon said:
Stillmatic said:
glaveror said:
tbh there was nothing Rosicky could do once Michu got into the box. If he had carried on running and tried to challenge, Michu would have taken the shot sooner. We were dead and buried once Jenks lost the ball.

Indeed, he saw Michu preparing the shot and was too far away to attempt a tackle so why bother

I applaud he made the effort, since it was very unlikely for him to catch up (and he didn't) but at least he tried.

MaestroCesc

infineon said:
Stillmatic said:
glaveror said:
Completely disagree, you could say the same thing about Vermaelen on Dyer in the first half, but Vermaelen still made the effort and Dyer dilly dallied so Verms could get the block in

Uncle Mike

Established Member
dysphoria said:
think we have more urgent issues then djourou but to say that you need more time to judge him fairly..haha..the lad's been here for 8 going on to 9 years, think we've seen what there is to see when it concerns him.
Djourou was doing great in 2010 until he got hurt at Old Trashdump. He hasn't been the same since. If Rosicky deserves another chance (and a lot of people here think he does), then so does Djourou.

glaveror

Not to quote everybody on this page but my point was that he acted strange in that case-first he runs like a madman across half the pitch and when he comes near Michu he slows down and just watches him score. Then you add him not turning around to follow the ball after free kicks-strange fellow our Rosicky..

Stillmatic

infineon said:

I disagree, and even if he couldn't get a block in Michu would still of had less time to shoot which means more chance of missing or a save.

MaestroCesc said:
Completely disagree, you could say the same thing about Vermaelen on Dyer in the first half, but Vermaelen still made the effort and Dyer dilly dallied so Verms could get the block in

Very good point and comparison, I would give you a merit if this forum gave such things. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom