• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Aston Villa v Arsenal - Saturday Nov 27th 12:45 - SS2

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Really? I think Wilshere is quite handy in that regard.
I think both of them are. In principle Nasri, Diaby, Fabregas, Wilshere, Song, Rosicky and Ramsey are more than capable of measuring up to most opponents in a challenge.

The problem - and this goes for everyone in midfield, and is a big reason for people believing that Song in particular is a clumsy tackler who picks up too many yellow cards - seems to be that we don't adjust our game quickly enough. We don't get into defensive mode until the opponents have moved across the halfway line and picked up some speed. We're caught wrong-footed all to often. They get too many freekicks and corners out of nothing that way.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
How is Cahill so good in the air? Headed goal after headed goal.

That's the only reason he's a footballer. If he couldn't head, he'd probably be playing Australian rules or something.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Completely off topic, but I can see Cahill being a really useful small forward in Aussie rules.

The other thing (apart from physically heading the ball) that he does exceptionally well is time his runs into a congested penalty area. That ability to identify changing space in a moving group of players is a benefit in many sports.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom