• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Aston Villa Vs Arsenal - 13/01/2014 8:00PM SS1

Vela

Established Member
EPL - Aston Villa Vs Arsenal - 13/01/2014 8:00PM
Live on Skysports 1.

Giroud should be back for the match.

VAVAVOOM 14

Walcott may miss this depending on his knee.

3-0 win, Villa's confidence won't be helped by their FA Cup loss to a league one side.

Szczesny

Sagna Merts Kosh Monreal

Flamini Wilshere

Gnabry Özil Rosicky

Giroud

Subs: Vermaelen, Fabianski, Podolski, Arteta, Cazorla, Jenkinson, Gibbs.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
____________ Szczesny
_ Sagna ___ Mert ___ Kos ___ Gibbs
________ Flamini __ Wilshere
_ Gnabry ______ Özil ______ Cazorla
____________ Walcott

(Giroud in for Walcott if he's not fit)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Villa would be relegation fodder but for a few other teams out-sh!tting them. They tend to raise their game when Arsenal come to town though. Just get it done.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Time to be play Walcott and Podolski together for the extra decisiveness we saw against West Ham in the second half. Villa aren't that bad in defence; they just have no ****ing idea how to score unless it's a counter-attack. Lambert's a predictable, one-trick pony.

They'll defend deep so we need clever movement.

-------------------Szczesny
Sagna---Mertesacker---Kosielny---Monreal
---------------Arteta------Wilshere
-----Cazorla-------Özil------Podolski
--------------------Walcott

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Looks like you guys were convinced of Walcott's CF potential after the Spuds game, what took you all so long 8))

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's no Giroud, but he is a Walcott. He should have had a couple today really. We got at Sp**s much quicker than we have done recently. Doesn't have to take 10 minutes and 40 passes to fashion a half chance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
DJ_Markstar said:
Looks like you guys were convinced of Walcott's CF potential after the Spuds game, what took you all so long 8))

The question is really what took Theo so long :lol:.

He's developing the skills required to play at CF, but it hasn't been easy for him to do so. If he continues honing his technique, he'll be an even bigger danger to opponents. Our midfield is so versatile at the moment too, finding the right midfield to play behind him shouldn't be a massive hindrance.

cannonade

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
DJ_Markstar said:

He's developing the skills required to play at CF, but it hasn't been easy for him to do so. If he continues honing his technique, he'll be an even bigger danger to opponents. Our midfield is so versatile at the moment too, finding the right midfield to play behind him shouldn't be a massive hindrance.
Big difference is Villa will sit back denying the space that Tottenham gave Theo. IIRC, Theo is not nearly as effective against parked teams. This game may be a better fit for Giroud.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
cannonade said:
MutableEarth said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Big difference is Villa will sit back denying the space that Tottenham gave Theo. IIRC, Theo is not nearly as effective against parked teams. This game may be a better fit for Giroud.

I agree, which basically underlines the versatility of our squad which isn't as thin as people say!

Having said that, playing Theo against a park-the-bus team would be a true test of whether he is a viable CF option or not. It's probably not the kind of experiment to conduct during a title chase on the flip side.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

--------------------Szczesny
--Sagna---Mertesacker---Koscielny---Monreal
----------Arteta----Wilshere
Gnabry---------Özil--------Cazorla
---------------Giroud

Theo, Gibbs and THE OX might be available.

Villa are piss poor, haven't won in 5 games at home, if we drop points here then I'll shake my head furiously.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
its an away game so we should be focused and defend well Villa are really not playing well in last few games Benteke is off form and Kozak is injured but they still good team. hopefully Ramsey and Gibbs back for this one If Theo out for this one Gnabry should start in the right wing.

Scezcney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs/Monreal

Arteta Ramsey/Wilshere

Walcott/Gnabry Özil Cazorla

Giroud

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Özil, Cazorla, Giroud, Gnabry

DOUBLE-YOU

cannonade said:

Villa are at home, they will not park the bus. I do agree that the game will suit Giroud more though. We will need a striker to hold the ball up and relieve pressure. He will also be more useful defending set pieces.

Just because Gnabry had a good game against the spuds, i wouldn't be inclined to start him. I'd also leave Podolski on the bench and have him as an impact sub. He isn't match sharp yet and a tough away game is not the place to give him minutes. We have 8 days rest, so i expect Giroud and Ramsey to be back.

infineon

Established Member
I think the interesting thing is that Walcott seems to be developing more of an all-round threat. You can park the bus against him but he isn't just looking to run in behind. He is looking to take shots from outside the box, make little darting runs in and around the defence, play 1-2s with the midfielders, etc. Good signs. Not sure though he has the innate technical ability to pull it all off but nice to see what a mobile striker can give the team.

darkgunner

We need to get revenge on Villa for our unjust loss in 2013, hopefully this time their agent Anthony Taylor won't be there to spoil the day for us.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think Giroud and possibly Gibbs will be back for this. Ox could return against Fulham I assume, according to latest News.

With Ramsey, Theo and Arteta we'll have to wait for some information.

Floating

Established Member
Arteta didn't look bad at all, maybe just some tightness/cramp in his calf. I fully expect him to be back for Villa. Giroud will definitely be back, which is huge. Theo could be back as well, hopefully his injury was just a kick.
Oxlade-Chamberlain will just be getting back into full training this week and will probably be another week or two until he's included in matchday squads.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom