• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Bolton Vs Arsenal | 01/02/12 8:00pm

La Sagna

Established Member
we were dominated by their midfield. containing an arsenal reject, a player that has been relegated twice, and a youngster coming back from serious injury in davies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Gunner_JT said:
@RUS, I think AOC is the better option at LW than Arshavin, the latter just isn't a winger but I agree he should have played a part in this game, brought on for Ramsey in the centre.
Completely agree, I just don't like how polar the reactions to each are.

KingReyes

Established Member
Another predictable performance and now down to 7th

Yes Gazidis, they're all jealous of us aren't they

evoh_1

Established Member
I really can't see any way out of this. We have sold ourselves down the river with our formation and seem to require 3 in midfield because of the generally ineptitude of the characters in there,. They can't reatin the ball apart from arteta who we just signed and have no idea about positions, closing down or creating chances.

we can't pass the ball as a team and that is not jsut the players but the coaching, there is no way swansea can pass the ball as well as they do and its all down to the inherent quality of their players. So we have established that we can't pass, can we lump it up to a big man good in the air and get on the end of the scraps and go high tempo? No, because we don't have the people in the squad to either cross the ball well or get on the end of long balls of crosses.

So where do we go now we haven't signed anyone and the window is closed? well we do exatly what we have been doing before and hit, close eyes and hope that van Persie scores a goal or two.

Wenger seems to have lost his touh for whatever reason from training to scouting to team management to team talks, for **** SAKE RVP GAVE THE HALF TIME TALK THAT GOT US THROUGH VILLA!

This man has to go before he pisses all over his first decade in charge of the club, however this will never happen and I hope that the fans:

1) Boo him when he comes out on saturday

2) Stop coming to the stadium as its the only thing the board understands, just watch it on telly for **** sake.

dpt49

Established Member
We should have got at least 9-10 points from our last 4 EPL games,

Fulham
Swansea
Man u
Bolton

We got just 1 point.
This means, next season, we are going to find out why the Europa League is the competition every club wants to avoid.

McIntyre

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Also, for some reason I don't see anybody slating AOC for every freaking pass that goes straight to the opposition when he is not under pressure. Had that been Arshavin, most here would be on his case, the amount of blind hate he gets is unreal. You call me biased, but there is obviously an English bias here with AOC. Besides, not like I was praising Arshavin was I? I just said that AOC played very similar yet he is getting plaudits left and right.

Andrei Arshavin is 30 years old. Hugely experienced. Captain for his country. He used to play far better than he currently is. And his performances have been lacklustre.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is 18 years old. In his first full season in the Premiership. Making his first few starts at the club and looking better than expected for an inexperienced 18-year-old. And he works his a*se off.

And you're wondering why Oxlade-Chamberlain gets praised for performing at a certain level, while Arshavin gets derided for it? Are you crazy?

It's not a British bias, it's just calling it as it is, in perspective. If Arshavin isn't outperforming an inexperienced 18-year-old then he deserves slating.

eye4goal

Established Member
RVP and Arteta aside our midfield and attack is completely dire. Finishing 4th with this team will be a major achievement

fabo

6.51 / 10
The subs were laughable.......:lol:....but Wenger's made thousands more subs than your average fan so we cannot judge him apparently.

'How not to win a game' right there. Takes off our only lively attacking player which was bad enough and then brings on Rosicky which tbf is not necessary when we are chasing a game and have Song/Arteta on the field. Ramsey needed to be hooked at half-time but not for Rosicky. Absolute joke.

Some laughable performances today aswell, notably from Szczesny, Koscielny, Song, Theo and Ramsey. RVP and TV were well below-par too.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If coquelin is given a fair chance, I'm sure he'll grab it with both hands.. Not likely, but I'd like to see him given a chance against Blackburn.. Problem with Ramsey is that we have no one to replace him with.. Rosicky and Benayoun aren't good enough. I guess Diaby will go in there if he comes back, so I'll just have to hope that I'm wrong about him and that he actually is a good player.

Freagle

celestis said:
Is Park that bad that he can't get a subs appearance ? :?

That's the problem. I actually rate him. Unfortunately, Arsène would rather give numerous chances to players who are out of form than the ones who can't get a game for their lives. His persistence on Arshavin and Walcott is bit of what he did with Bobby and Freddie when they were well past it. The only difference is that both Bobby and Freddie bloody deserved it!

Airknight

Established Member
So what did Wenger say? Mental Strength? 32 years of experience? i don't have to justify myself?

I assume it wasn't anything that shocking by the lack of reactions in this thread.

Freagle

Arsène doesn't say much wrong. You can make up 10 excuses for the game today. The usual "We didn't take our chances, we have the mental strength and spirit to get 4th."

Floating

Established Member
Basically that we had chances to win the game, but we were unlucky. Also used the "we had 1 day less time to prepare than Bolton" chestnut.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No need to over analyse it. Poor finishing cost us the game. We should have come away with at least 4 goals, but yet again we rely on Robin to pull a rabbit out of a hat. This is almost a carbon copy of our last season at Highbury, except I can't see any sort of fairytale ending.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom