• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Bolton Vs Arsenal | 01/02/12 8:00pm

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Big Poppa said:
No need to over analyse it. Poor finishing cost us the game. We should have come away with at least 4 goals, but yet again we rely on Robin to pull a rabbit out of a hat. This is almost a carbon copy of our last season at Highbury, except I can't see any sort of fairytale ending.

This .... we wouldn't be talking about this if we could finish.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Absolutely no goals coming from midfield this season, which has been always been a feature of Wenger's teams, is something that is immensely worrying too.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Destroy and rebuild is what is needed. Or just build upon the many extremely talented young players we finally have, under the guidance of a coach who knows what the hell he's doing.

Floating

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
Absolutely no goals coming from midfield this season, which has been always been a feature of Wenger's teams, is something that is immensely worrying too.

True. Arteta has scored what, 2 PL goals? Ramsey, 1? Song, 1?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's not even they aren't playing well , they aren't finishing . You don't finish , you lose belief and everything just goes downhill from there .

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Vinci said:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-had-the-chances-to-win-the-game-

On the positive side we haven't lost and we haven't conceded a goal.

On the positive side we haven't lost. We haven't lost against ******* BOLTON!!?!?! You serious, Arsène?

I know a few like that: on the positive against Manchester United, we didn't concede double numbers. Just **** right off.
What? He's not wrong and, as you know, that quote was sandwiched in between two other comments:
But I cannot fault the effort, the commitment and desire to win the game. On the positive side we haven't lost and we haven't conceded a goal. Of course we have regrets because we did not take our chances tonight.
So, no need to twist things and snort milk out your nose.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
No not really, just going on a case by case basis. Good to see you're up to your usual 'clever' quips. Don't you have another place you should be?

evoh_1

Established Member
But I cannot fault the effort, the commitment and desire to win the game. On the positive side we haven't lost and we haven't conceded a goal. Of course we have regrets because we did not take our chances tonight.

Couldn't see any desire to win the game, we failed to come out with passion and or desire in teh second half after ****ing the first. Whatever teh result today the performance was unaceptable for the greater percentage of the players, FFS an 18 yo with 3 top flight games showed most of the team how to do it for 50 minutes.

We give our best in every game and that is what we did tonight. Journalists always talk if you are concerned but it is about the game you have played just now. You do not go in after a game and think it is the most difficult period.

We had even more difficult periods when we won championships and went six games without a win. It's part of football when you lose three games like we did, when you do not lose the fourth game it is already not too bad.

What does any of this mean? Waffle would take this piss out of the breakfast food, he is talking gibberish, game you just played? that you flopped. Talk about went six games without a win and won the championship, we were only competing with UTD back then, its a different league now and this jsut show how disgustingly out of touch you are Arsène you may as well be managing by phone from the ****ing moon.

1 point from 12 against swansea, fulham and bolton away and man utd at home. That is the form of bottom half relegation candiates like wigan so your point of NOT TOO BAD TO NOT LOSE THE FOURTH is disgusting you deluded madman.

When will someone stand up and hit this man into his place? Pat rice wanted to retire and he wouldn't let him so he doesn't give a **** even though he gre up on gillespie road. Boro Primorac was below him in ligue 1 as a manager and has lived under his thumb ever since and no-one else involved with this club seems to be able to take this man aside a tell him how it is.

**** it the journalists have to pull him up on it and tell him how it is, we have no chance in the league and are looking more than likely to miss out of ECL for the first time in 14 years while sending dis-intrested man-children to do the job of men.

Listen to yourself Arsène you are mocking your former self he wouldn't have stood for this ****.

evoh_1

Established Member
anthony whats your point?

Did you miss the game or just catch the quotes after cos its a game by game free fall any quicker and we would have 0 points from 12 which is what we deserve after as you say not taking chances and conceding what should have been a pen on 85th min.

There is no place to hide and the players need to take the pressure no need for wenger to defend anything in the media as we are a joke at the moment and the players know that. If they can't deal with pressure then quite frankly they don't belong at a top club and should **** off to mid table where we will be soon enough with them putting in performances like this. If dropping 36 points from 23 games is acceptable for a club that moved to a new stadium to competed with top clubs and move to the next level we need to adjust our expectations as a club.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
AshburtonGhost said:
AnthonyG said:
No not really, just going on a case by case basis. Good to see you're up to your usual 'clever' quips. Don't you have another place you should be?
Already been, old son.
Good chap. :wink:

@evoh - Sorry? My point about what exactly?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I still believe we can finish 4th but it takes an incredible amount of focus, strength and determination from everybody in the team.

Is Park Chamakh's backup or what? The lad can't even win the bench.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We're not finishing 4th. I predicted earlier in the season that we would but I just can't see it now with such poor finishing throughout the side, even though Chelsea are intent on handing it to us. Who knows, maybe we'll learn to hit a barndoor between now and our next game.

Braydz

We were decent i thought, especially in the first half. Unlucky not to score with the chances made but that happens, it's depressing that we are seventh now though. We really need a win vs blackburn.

DK Gooner

I can't fault the performance too much as it was much better than the one against Villa. We actually created clear cut chances to win here, but just didn't take any. Bolton are not a really bad team and on their day can be difficult to beat. It would have been difficult to take had we lost with Bolton having a couple of very good opportunities late on, but the fact is we didn't. My main gripe is that our subs bench offers nothing in attack if needed to change a game. Henry has had no impact on our league performances since he arrived.

Obviously we need a result against Blackburn and a failure to take 3 points will be more damning than the failure to do so away to Bolton. Even if we feel he has messed up, Wenger is not going to admit so publicly and his style in the media has always been to accentuate the positives (no matter how tenuous) and quite often his perceived failings of the referee and the opposition tactics etc. It is irritating at times, but he has done so consistently throughout his Arsenal career.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Floating said:
Irish_Owen said:

True. Arteta has scored what, 2 PL goals? Ramsey, 1? Song, 1?

The onus is on Ramsey + 3 forwards to score the goals. Arteta and Song can occasionally chip in but it's not really a big part of their jobs.

I recall people being happy with our wide options going into the season...:shock:....nowhere near good enough. We absolutely have to add a quality wide forward this Summer - Hazard/Goetze are nice options but really we need a goalscorer, someone in the mould of Suarez who can play a support role to the main striker and score 15-20 goals minimum. Plus I think the rise of Chamberlain lessens the need for a technical wide forward which we evidently need when you see Theo and Gervinho play together, we already have one now. Time to bring in some goalscorers to the club.

We also need one decent CF to play second fiddle to RVP and ship out those 2 donkeys Chamakh and Park. And we could use a new AM this Summer too, give Ramsey a squad role. There was no creativity coming from the midfield last night when we really needed it late on, we could barely keep the ball hence why a relegation side were doing all the pressing in the last 10 minutes, can you imagine if that was United chasing a win last night, Bolton wouldn't get out of their half.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom