• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YaGunnersYa

If Sanchez starts upfront, we have a chance.

If Wenger again refuses to admit his big mistakes and continues with Giroud upfront, we get soundly beaten.

Simple as that in my eyes. Over to you Wengz.

karl

If Sanchez starts upfront, we have a chance.

If Wenger again refuses to admit his big mistakes and continues with Giroud upfront, we get soundly beaten.

Simple as that in my eyes. Over to you Wengz.
Popular theory, but it is never one player for me. If the defence played like grown ups we would probably have won the last game easy enough.

N

NotAUserName

I've noticed that's Alexis scores more against the lower teams not necessarily because they're poor (obviously plays a part though) but mainly because he trusts the rest of the team with the build up and starts to make more movements towards the box.

In our tougher games he tends to try to put the team on his shoulders and basically becomes our chief playmaker.
I thought it was just that too but then you look at matches like away to Leicester, Burnley and home to Middlesborough. These are matches we dominated and created chances and yet he was ineffective. Even away to Everton, there were several instances where he would go wide to try and create chances even though we were being dominant.

And then of course you have the City and United matches where they simply did not give our midfield any chance so Alexis was pretty much isolated. So yes, it might be a bit of both which is why Alexis upfront should not be the answer.

YaGunnersYa

Popular theory, but it is never one player for me. If the defence played like grown ups we would probably have won the last game easy enough.

I'm not one to say if we had Cazorla we would be alot better off or its the reason we wont win the title etc. The fact Sanchez upfront changes our whole system and breathes life into alot of players behind him is the main catalyst for him being there. It transforms us.

nick gould

Front three of Lucas-Sanchez and Welbeck for me please. Those 3 can dovetail and drag the Chelsea defence all over the place. Giroud plan B.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah so Maitland Niles gets a run out if Ox gets injured or does Iwobi move back to CM?

nick gould

Not best pleased. Would have loved to see Welbeck start over Theo. Theo is too predictable. He doesn't do much apart from making runs in behind. Can't defend set pieces.

The lack of height in that team is quite worrying as well. They have 5 outfield players who are above 6 feet in height and we only have 1.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Not best pleased. Would have loved to see Welbeck start over Theo. Theo is too predictable. He doesn't do much apart from making runs in behind. Can't defend set pieces.

The lack of height in that team is quite worrying as well. They have 5 outfield players who are above 6 feet in height and we only have 1.
Theo usually does well against an attacking Chelsea side.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Wally does score against this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom