• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's just mad that he needs the ref to help him win. Hence him being out of a job soon.
If I were Arsène I'd turn up at his house with the Gold PL trophy in tow and ask him how he felt about those 3 victories in the context of a career.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Hard to work out from that clip, but pretty sure we do zonal marking.

Özil is only really in the box as an extra body, to help with the second ball. Williams was never his responsibility per se, which is both what you'd expect and what seems evident from his body language.

Agree but even with the zonal when the ball come to his area, he could at least try to jump and block or impede Williams. I love Mesut but that was shocking from him. Disappointing and not fair on the rest of the team either.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Özil is only really in the box as an extra body, to help with the second ball. Williams was never his responsibility per se, which is both what you'd expect and what seems evident from his body language.
He really still should have done much more than duck out the way....

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I'm not condescending, I just find it a bit ridiculous how you after this match can go on to state that playing Gibbs instead of Monreal would've made a difference. Or some other pointless and worse players.

You rotate when you play easy games a few times a season, and over the last few weeks we've played a few cup games where we rotated plenty.

Gibbs has been playing well, Monreal is the wrong side of 30 and has made a few mistakes recently. When you have 2 important games in 3 days, followed by a big game against Man City, it makes total sense to me that Gibbs gets a start in 1 game, which keeps him interested in pushing for a first-team place and keeps Monreal fresh for winter.

One of the main reasons I'd have liked to see Lucas get a start in one of the last two games is because the time to give Alexis or Özil a breather is falling in the games between now and the Hull home game. Lucas needs minutes to be sharp for when he's called upon.

Hardly a great defence of your strategy to say Walcott was the right choice because he played well against Stoke, when he's just been **** in the game that was being debated?

I've never actually claimed to be the most knowledgeable about football but I do play (obviously not professionally) and this is my view on rotation. I see a lot of others also now calling for Lucas to get a start and my whole point is that rotation should be partly about pre-empting those dips proactively. I'm also not the biggest fan of Walcott and I do think Lucas is a better footballer. Lucas will never be able to compete for a first team place properly if he isn't given a chance to get match fit.

say yes

forum master baiter
With no Giroud to bash, your posting has been way too sensible to my liking.

Tried to land a few blows earlier but got lost in the collective meltdown.

Not his fault but, remember when people used to claim one of Giroud's greatest strengths was defending set pieces?

Think we've only conceded from them this season once Giroud has come on.

blaze_of_glory

Yup. He wouldn't be able to do much in that situation anyway, other than give away a pk. He's never going to put a guy like Williams off with a legal challenge and I'm sure he's not told to be making a challenge there anyway. Problem is his missed chances at the other end that would have made that play moot.

Xhaka Zulu

Özil is a luxury player imo but he needs runners to make the right run, theo is a one trick pony.

Agreed. His brilliance in attack is not in question. But his attitude/mentality is unforgivable. He's such a frustrating player.

Not blaming Özil for the loss btw, we have a lot of frustrating players.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Look, we can always argue about the ref but Everton always looked dangerous and for all the possession we had , once again I don't think we did enough with it and didn't capitalise on our chances when we were on top. There surely had to be a few crosses into Giroud - I can't recall either Monreal or Bellerin putting in crosses and a guy like Giroud might have made something of them. Also, we should have tried one or two pot shots but we fall into the habit of always trying to play through or around the lines. They scored off two crosses - with Giroud, we might have also.

We needed to have tested them in different ways - throw some angled crosses into the box - just mix it up a bit and catch them off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom