• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Fulham vs Arsenal - 20/4/13 - 15:00 AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo_ense

Established Member
407.png

413.png

Arsenals-Mikel-Arteta-hol-008.jpg

227035hp2.jpg

Massive game now, and one which left bad memories earlier in the season. Must win if we are to keep the hunt for CL going.

______________Fabianski____________
_Sagna_Mertesacker_Koscielny_Monreal_
____________Arteta_Ramsey_________
______________Cazorla_____________
__Chamberlain__Giroud____Podolski___

Bench: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Rosicky, Wilshere, Gervinho, Walcott.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No ****ing around, get there, put the game to bed early on and get back on track.

Subs before 60 minutes if we need something would be a bonus as well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Three points and it's been a good week for this team, hoping Roskicy can get himself fit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
lol@ the Arteta pics. Inspiring....

Caz in the middle, Podolski on the left, or bye bye 4th place and bye bye Wenger.

La Sagna

Established Member
play rosicky, walcott and podolski

drop giroud and wilshere

nervy 2-1 to us
sidwell/hangeland for them, walcott and cazorla for us

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fulham are f**king tough at their stadium last year we nearly won if djourou not f**ked up and get himself sent off. Ruiz and Berbatov the dangerous points stop them and you stop whole Fulham. we should get 3 points any drop points here will be not good for us.

Fabianski

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Monreal

Arteta Ramsey

AOC/Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Or

Fabianski

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Monreal

Arteta Ramsey

Walcott/AOC Rosicky Cazorla

Podolski

dysphoria

Established Member
3 points, don't care how, we need 3 points. I suppose my heart would appreciate it if we get the result settled early on but knowing us, i think its going to be very nervy for us.

mo50

Established Member
This is the game I had us down as drawing, we can't afford to do that now after the Everton result.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tbh.

evoh_1

Established Member
Questions:

Are fulham a danger a set pieces?

If not play Podolski up front with theo, if they are use giroud begrudingly again.

Either way we have a sh't time of it at craven cottage and our major hope is there derby game with chelsea midweek and jack not featuring in the starting lineup.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think we'll win this. My problem (as it has been for almost all this run) is where are our goals going to come from?

DontPushMe

Drop Wilshere and Giroud. Their performances demand it.

Flappy
Sagna-Kos-Mert-Gibbs
Arteta-Ramsey
Rosicky
Walcott-Podolski-Cazorla

Therapy Inc

_______________Szszesny________________
_Sagna__Mertesacker_Koschielny_Gibbs___

_______Ramsey___________Arteta_________

_______________Cazorla_________________

__Walcott_________________Gervihno_____

______________Podolski_________________

Bench: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

If we are behind at the 60th min, take Gervihno off for Giroud, and slide Cazorla out wide.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm sure we might see two of Jack/Santi/Rosicky in the line up meaning we'll keep it tight and bring on Podolksi as a sub and Santi might be deployed out on the LHS again. It's an away game and Arsène has shown a propensity to play 4 midfielders in these games as it gives us a better chance to control the midfield. However, it does seem to hinder our goal scoring ability when we effectively play with only 2 forwards for most of the match. We had good results at Anfield and West Ham using 3 forwards with Santi in the hole but I guess Arsène wants to include one of Jack/Rosicky in the team also.

KyleHyde

Some of you overrate Ruiz quite a bit, his finishing is pretty bad IMO, Whilst Berbatov is a hit and miss. Anyhow we need tons of pace to expose Fulham.

Mannone(if Fab is out)
Sagna-Per-Kos-Monreal
Arteta-Rambo
Santi
OX-Poldi-Gervais(unless you want Giroud)

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Giroud looks knackered. Problem is, without him we only have 2 6 footers on the pitch(apart from the keeper), the 2 CBs, basically. Now the Fulham team that started against Newcastle had the following 6 footers, Senderos, Hangeland, Berbatov, Bryan Ruiz and Stanislav Manolev. Granted, some of these players may not be particularly great in the air but it's gotten to the point where against teams like this, we need Giroud for defending set pieces, at the least. Makes me miss the Invincibles. Apart from the CBs, we had Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Bergkamp and Henry as 6 footers. Look at it the other way around, the only starters under 6 ft were Lauren(who was 5ft 11), Ashley Cole and Ljunberg. Enough of the digression. Giroud's virtually guaranteed to start against a bigger team like Fulham which ironically has CBs who generally don't deal very well with pacy strikers.

GG8

Id be happy with Gibbs starting again, was very good last night, only really beaten by once piece of Mirellas skill. Maybe ran out of steam near the end. The other three defenders are a given.

Rambo Arteta and Tomas in the middle, if no Tomas then the Ox.

Any 3 of Theo, Alex, Gerv and Poldi up top, Giroud needs a break and hasnt performed enough recently.

Goon_si

This would be my setup. Chamberlain has been in good form lately, Theo not so much. Rosicky back in the middle in place of jack, he works great with Cazorla on the left. Podolski upfront, Giroud needs to go to the bench.

______________Rosicky_____________
__Chamberlain__Podolski___Cazorla___

eye4goal

Established Member
Goon_si said:
______________Rosicky_____________
__Chamberlain__Podolski___Cazorla___

I'd go with that too, although I'd be tempted to start Gervinho, mainly because Chamberlain is better at coming on later in games. I'd really like to see how the team plays without Giroud

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Rosicky is extremely needed. Jack just needs to be eased back in, and I've no idea where we can fit him in at the moment; he lacks the composure to be our main chance-maker (as number 10) and Ramsey is playing too well to leave out as B2B...

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
--------- Fabianski
Sagna - Mert -- Kos -- Monreal
Arteta --- Rosicky --- Ramsey
Walcott -- Podolski -- Cazorla

Can't lose/draw this match we have to win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom