• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Fulham vs Arsenal - 20/4/13 - 15:00 AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirkat

Established Member
2 pages :lol:

That was not a great performance, but I am enjoying the grinding of these results. Really hope we're not going to regret that Everton game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
****ing hell, what a tough ride that was on Saturday. Once I saw they're one man down I thought we should win this comfortably, but we didn't.

With an eye on the Spu*s and Chelsea results, this win was as vital as it gets. Hopefully luck remains on our side until the end of the season, because we'll need it.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
mo50 said:
Excellent win. I turned the match on at the start of the second half and was impressed with how we were dominating possession and passing the ball around. Little did I know Fulham were down to 10 men.

That challenge on Arteta was disgusting, and Giroud is a ******* idiot for going in like that. The game was almost over, the ball was no where near a dangerous situation yet his season is now over. At least Podolski will get a run in the team now.

I think that's a little harsh. It clearly wasn't intentional, he was going into control the ball and his foot slid off the ball. We won't have it overturned because we are Arsenal, but if that was a tackle made by Rooney I have no doubts that the card would have been rescinded. It looked bad in real time but the replays show that it wasn't intentional and there was no malice.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To be fair to the boy's, Fulham put up a good performances, a number of their players had stand out performances. It's a tough place to go, they were matching Chelsea until the Luiz cracker, great 3 points if you ask me.

I think Gervinho will get the nod to replace Giroud.

GG8

Way - Hay !!!! What a precious three points that was. Even more so given Man Citeh's collapse yesterday.

Hard to watch, but a win's a win. Onto the big one on sunday!

P.s, Good to see AM is back up and running

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was the freekick that led to the disallowed Fulham goal just a bad goal by the ref? Don't remember it being analysed much and just can't see how that isn't offside.

squallkid

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Was the freekick that led to the disallowed Fulham goal just a bad goal by the ref? Don't remember it being analysed much and just can't see how that isn't offside.

Ramsey tackled a Fulham player knocking the ball towards the other Fulham player that led to the freekick.

Its not offside if the opposition player (in this case us) passes the ball to you.

squallkid

Established Member
IMO it looked like Giroud slowed down when he was running towards the ball and then stuck his leg out.

He could have got there earlier than he did but he slowed down so as to avoid contact with the Fulham player then meekly stuck his leg out as an attempt to make a tackle.

Absolutely pointless when you think about the fact that it happened in Fulham's half more than 70 yards away from our goal.

mo50

Established Member
Cudareli said:
mo50 said:
Excellent win. I turned the match on at the start of the second half and was impressed with how we were dominating possession and passing the ball around. Little did I know Fulham were down to 10 men.

That challenge on Arteta was disgusting, and Giroud is a ******* idiot for going in like that. The game was almost over, the ball was no where near a dangerous situation yet his season is now over. At least Podolski will get a run in the team now.

I think that's a little harsh. It clearly wasn't intentional, he was going into control the ball and his foot slid off the ball. We won't have it overturned because we are Arsenal, but if that was a tackle made by Rooney I have no doubts that the card would have been rescinded. It looked bad in real time but the replays show that it wasn't intentional and there was no malice.

I actually think the replays made it look worse. On first viewing I thought the ref was being harsh and was trying to even out his earlier red to Sidwell. When I saw the replay it was a clear red to me.

I think he was frustrated at the miscontrol and went in hard. Malicious or not you can't go over the ball like he did and was rightfully sent off. Why he did something like that on the 90th minute was idiotic.

kenkbc2

Whats up with the forum?

To summarize the weekend,
1. Poor performance but a valuable 3 points nonetheless.
2. Man $hitty completely switched off in the 2nd half to allow Sp**s to fight back for a victory. Not so good for us, but I have a feeling they are going to bottle the next match.
3. Suarez (what were you thinking of boy, you're no Mike Tyson) salvaged an otherwise disappointing Sunday for us. Chelsea look the most vulnerable now. Towards the end of the 2nd half, Pool were strolling into their half without being challenged. Their hectic schedule of matches are finally catching up on them.

Hate to say this but wouldn't mind Man U wrapping up the title today as it would make them less competitive against us next weekend.

GG8

mo50 said:

Not sure how he can be blamed for this:

iUwk1BLKXh2Cy.gif

He goes to plant his right foot, tries to pull the ball with his left, his right foot slides across the turf and he connects with the Fulham player.

Floating

Established Member
GG8 said:
mo50 said:

Not sure how he can be blamed for this:

iUwk1BLKXh2Cy.gif

He goes to plant his right foot, tries to pull the ball with his left, his right foot slides across the turf and he connects with the Fulham player.

Definitely. Also, his studs are pointed down, he's clearly trying to bring the ball under control and ends up going over it and catching the Fulham player. It's more clumsy than anything.

Hope is appeal is granted.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I thought this was one of our worst games of the season, we should have done much better against a bang-on average team who played with 10 most of the game.

No one really stood out for me, although Sagna has done much better the last few games I think.

evoh_1

Established Member
Should be repealed, won't stand a chance of actually happen as the FA are a bunch of have a laugh numpties.

On the game though we were utter garbage the moment fulham went to 10. We just passed aimlessly and poorly for the whole game and didn't desrve to hold the lead in the end. defending at time was shocking and every counter attack was a good chance for them to score.

More of these performances and thursday night football will begin next season for wenger and his team of squad players.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Such a shocking red card to give, it wasn't even a tackle - it was him trying to control the ball ffs! The worst part is that the ref was waiting to send someone off, he was getting stick from the Fulham fans so the second I saw a somewhat controversial 'tackle' I knew he was gone.

I don't think he'll be a huge loss but it isn't fair on Giroud to basiscally miss the rest of the season for trying to control the ball and not causing any damage/creating any danger whatsoever.

MaestroCesc

kenkbc2 said:
Whats up with the forum?

To summarize the weekend,
1. Poor performance but a valuable 3 points nonetheless.
2. Man $hitty completely switched off in the 2nd half to allow Sp**s to fight back for a victory. Not so good for us, but I have a feeling they are going to bottle the next match.
3. Suarez (what were you thinking of boy, you're no Mike Tyson) salvaged an otherwise disappointing Sunday for us. Chelsea look the most vulnerable now. Towards the end of the 2nd half, Pool were strolling into their half without being challenged. Their hectic schedule of matches are finally catching up on them.

Hate to say this but wouldn't mind Man U wrapping up the title today as it would make them less competitive against us next weekend.
I dont think the result next week will affect their performance next week especially as they are going for the PL point record, the real reason we want them to win is so they win the title tonight and not at our place, that would be horrible.

Rubbish performance, everyone was pretty poor apart from the defense. Walcott went missing again, big question mark over whether he should start against United after 2 consecutive performances.

Per was great, made vital clearances and got the goal, Koscienly was his usual solid self, other than that not much to say we were rubbish but only the 3 points matter at this stage of season

leo_ense

Established Member
Yep, it was a ****e performance which has typified our season. Major work to be done in summer.

squallkid

Established Member
Don't care how we win as long as we get the 3 points.

Play pretty football and lose, people complain about how we never grind out results and why can't we win games while playing ****.

Play poorly and win, people complain about the performance.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I don't hear too many people talking about our inability to grind out wins. All we do these days is grind out wins FFS. Instances of pretty football are few and far between with this squad. We have a sub-standard group of players, with holes in almost every area of the pitch. Slow, pedestrian, lack of movement & quality.

Once the initial 5 minutes of hysteria died down after the final whistle, I was f**king livid with the **** served up on Saturday. Disgusting performance. WBA was a proud display from us. This wasn't.

At least we shut that * oaf Senderos up anyway. He was throwing alot of shapes during the match, trying to involve the home crowd aswell. Hilarious from a player who cost Fulham in both London derbies(vs Chelsea & us) last week with **** defending. Back into Drogba's pocket you baldy ****. How we gave this ****** Tony Adams' number is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom