• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Fulham vs Arsenal – 5:30pm - 02/01/12

blaze_of_glory

Yeah bad way to lose the game, but overall the last few months have been quite positive. This time of year can be a real rollercoaster, afterall we were all real pleased with how things were going on New Years Day, and it will likley only take another matchday to change the mood again.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
fabo said:
Coquelin was one of the only bright sparks, there were a few WTF moments too as you'd expect from a kid playing in an unfamiliar role, but I like him.

Yeah, I was impressed, but it was obvious to see he was playing out of position. He was largely at fault for Zamora's equalizer because he didn't bust a gut to get back into the box and instead casually walked around the edge.

But again, young and out of position, harsh to actually blame him.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
I think we could all do with a cheering up after this game. This never fails to amuse me:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iWIUp19bBoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WIUp19bBoA</a>

:lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If you need cheering up..

wenger-guitarepa4d.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
Van Persie aside, Fulham have a better attack than us atm, Dempsey, Dembele, Ruiz etc, don't think Fulham will swap those guys for Theo or Gerv.

That said, Gerv will develop in the next 6-12 months to a damn good player, already has made improvements in the few months he has been here. On course for 10 goals and 10 assists in this his first season in English footy too.

Airknight

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
Just rewatched the game. We never really had any control over the game, even the first half when we were on top. I wonder how much of this is down to having no proper fullbacks? We don't look half the team we were with Santos and Sagna/Jenks in it.

I think this time it was more down to fatigue, as second half progressed Fulham didn't have to battle in midfield because both Arteta and Song were just a bit ahead of the defensive line :|

Rosicky being useless the moment he came up for Theo didn't help, maybe Wenger got desperate and made the mistake of subbing Gervinho instead of one of the jaded players in midfield.

DanielVale

We needed a De Jong midfielder yesterday. Walcott was yet again ineffective, I'd start playing Ox, makes no sense to me at all, unless we are just going to give him FA Cup games to prove his worth? We need to have a flawless month now. No messing around.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
fabo said:
Yep, I would have hooked Arteta and Ramsey for Rosicky and Yossi, Arteta was gassed and Ramsey was average yet again. I actually would have contemplated starting those 2 in there, with Yossi in the hole. I don't like Yossi playing in one of the 3 forward roles.
I thought Ramsey had a really good first half, seemed to be influential in all our good attacks.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I inexplicably missed this game thinking it was going to be on Wednesday for some reason, and I have no intention of watching it given that we lost. However, I want to know how we shuffled our defence once Djourou was given his marching orders.

brady_style

1macca1 said:
fabo said:
Yep, I would have hooked Arteta and Ramsey for Rosicky and Yossi, Arteta was gassed and Ramsey was average yet again. I actually would have contemplated starting those 2 in there, with Yossi in the hole. I don't like Yossi playing in one of the 3 forward roles.
I thought Ramsey had a really good first half, seemed to be influential in all our good attacks.

I agree. I thought Ramsey was very good in the first half.

This defeat highlights that our squad is full of very poor players.
Someone on the previous page made a list of hte dross in our squad and it is a disgrace that we are paying out sky high wages for such players.

The minimum required effort to win a match is not there in our subs. At United they can field a patch work team and beat Fulham 5-0. It is because under Ferguson every one of the players know what the minimum expected of them is, they run like mad men after every lose ball, they give everything for the shirt ... every single on of their squad.

At Arsenal it is very different. And Wenger is to blame. He has created a squad where the lack of effort on the part of the poor players leads to the better players knowing they are undroppabl,e and hence overall, our players have less fight in them.

ArsenalDNA

Irish_Owen said:
That guy Olly on RedCafe is a genius.

Woy in the background :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty sure he fcked RAWK over with the whole Sky Sports poll thing.

I haven't spent much time on there but what i have seen of him he's a bit of a legend.

ArsenalDNA

Irish_Owen said:
That guy Olly on RedCafe is a genius.

Woy in the background :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty sure he fcked RAWK over with the whole Sky Sports poll thing.

I haven't spent much time on there but what i have seen of him he's a bit of a legend.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom