• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Liverpool vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 03/03/12 - SS2

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
fabo said:
Bac really sticking it to the haters who said he offers nothing offensively......:lol:

Best defender at the club I think.

Come off it, he's still a load of ball bag offensively. One cross doesn't change that. Apart from the cross in the first half, he was as brutal as they come, and couldn't hit a team mate from 10 yards. He only gets away with that because the whole back line and midfield were manky.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The Jury said:
Come off it, he's still a load of ball bag offensively. One cross doesn't change that. Apart from the cross in the first half, he was as brutal as they come, and couldn't hit a team mate from 10 yards. He only gets away with that because the whole back line and midfield were manky.

One cross doesn't change it, you said you turned off the Sp**s match so I'll assume you missed his offensive contributions there....:smile:

Theo built on his NLD performance too, didn't he. Let's change the system to accomodate an average player!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
That's just a load of crap. Sagna actually has a very decent cross on him, it's hardly his fault he usually finds himself in a situation where there is one striker surrounded by seven defenders to aim for. Plus most of the time he's usually too far backwards to really fire one across goal, forcing him to whip one in towards a lone striker and maybe one midfielder, if he's lucky. Can't blame him for not being Beckham.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Kroket said:
That's just a load of crap. Sagna actually has a very decent cross on him, it's hardly his fault he usually finds himself in a situation where there is one striker surrounded by seven defenders to aim for. Plus most of the time he's usually too far backwards to really fire one across goal, forcing him to whip one in towards a lone striker and maybe one midfielder, if he's lucky. Can't blame him for not being Beckham.

What exactly were you calling a "load of crap".

Sagna is generally poor offensively, no denying it. Whether he has a decent cross on him as an isolated point is up for debate, but The Jury didn't specifically mention his overall crossing ability - you're actually disagreeing with a point he never made.

squallkid

Established Member
Great win by the boys and if Chelsea continue to implode we might find ourselves secure in 4th in the next couple of weeks.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
fabo said:
Don't worry, Jury is just sick that he's wrong about Sagna.

Song's made two assists recently.... Does that mean we're both wrong about Song? Or do you apply this logic accordingly? :lol:

Of course you do, silly me :D

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
DJ_Markstar said:
Kroket said:

What exactly were you calling a "load of crap".

Sagna is generally poor offensively, no denying it. Whether he has a decent cross on him as an isolated point is up for debate, but The Jury didn't specifically mention his overall crossing ability - you're actually disagreeing with a point he never made.

The fact Sagna is 'a load of ball bag offensively'. It's simply not fair on him. Whenever the team functions even remotely well he becomes a useful enough outlet out wide. From his first season alone I recall crucial assists (crucial as in either the equalizing or winning goal) against Man Utd, Wigan, Aston Villa, Steau Bucaresti and Liverpool plus he scored the opening goal against Chelsea.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Krokjet, it's no coincidence you're here telling all and sundry Sagna is infact a very good offensive RB off the back of a goal against Sp**s and a fantastic Beckham-esque cross yesterday.

I'll tell you what, I'll let you and Fabo be 'right' these last two weeks, and I'll be 'right' the other 50. Deal?

Mastadon

Established Member
Sagna is alright going forward and has a good cross on him. Give him targets to aim at and he will be much better going forward. As I said earlier no worse than Dixon and Neville going forward and both of them had great PL careers at RB. Whatever problems we have Sagna is not one of them. A real warrior and great player to have in the team.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'm well aware of Sagna's limitations going forward. But people can overplay it too, especially when comparing RB's at other clubs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't get me wrong, I'm not caning him for the sake of it. I'm merely pointing out that one swallow doesn't make a summer. Or even two. I love Sagnas spirit, and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else for that.

I don't agree with the view that all he needs is someone to hit, though, unless you're saying he finds it easier to laser guide the ball onto one mans head, as opposed to shovel it in the general direction of the penalty spot from wide, which is what he's been been failing to do for ages.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
fabo said:
I'm well aware of Sagna's limitations going forward. But people can overplay it too, especially when comparing RB's at other clubs.
People love to mention Kyle Walker as the perfect example of a great attack-minded fullback.

This season in the league:
Walker: 25 apps, 1 goal, 1 assist
Sagna: 11 apps, 1 goal, 2 assists

I'm not for one minute suggesting Sagna is brilliant going forward, but he's nowhere near as inept as many would have you believe.

Mastadon

Established Member
The Jury said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not caning him for the sake of it. I'm merely pointing out that one swallow doesn't make a summer. Or even two. I love Sagnas spirit, and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else for that.

I don't agree with the view that all he needs is someone to hit, though, unless you're saying he finds it easier to laser guide the ball onto one mans head, as opposed to shovel it in the general direction of the penalty spot from wide, which is what he's been been failing to do for ages.

What EPL right back would you swap Sagna for?

brady_style

Mastadon said:
The Jury said:

What EPL right back would you swap Sagna for?

Uh ...didn't he just say he wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
The Jury said:
Krokjet, it's no coincidence you're here telling all and sundry Sagna is infact a very good offensive RB off the back of a goal against Sp**s and a fantastic Beckham-esque cross yesterday.

I'll tell you what, I'll let you and Fabo be 'right' these last two weeks, and I'll be 'right' the other 50. Deal?

Don't put words into my mouth. There's a difference between calling someone a useful enough outlet (my actual words), a very good offensive RB (the way you interpreted/twisted my words) and a load of ball bag.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So in his defence, you call Sagna a 'useful enough outlet'? :lol: Very definitive! That description, to me, covers just about every fullback playing the game. You should have just went along my one!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Anyway, there really should be an amnesty regarding the critique of our players for the tim being. I'm starting to feel rotten.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
The Jury said:
So in his defence, you call Sagna a 'useful enough outlet'? :lol: Very definitive! That description, to me, covers just about every fullback playing the game. You should have just went along my one!

Then you must think just about every fullback playing the game is better going forward than Sagna? Although I am assuming here someone who's apparently a load of ball bag is considered worse than someone who's a useful enough outlet.

Cruisio

Established Member
Er, why are people arguing over Sagna? It's the same situation with him as its always been...

He's an absolute beast at the back, maybe our best natural defender, and good enough going forward, not as good as he could be, but I would say he's done enough. I actually think this season he looks much better going forward than he ever has done before, he started off the season looking good in that regard but then unfortunately got injured, hopefully he can keep showing it

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom