• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bould14

We really do need some our more technical guys back. Bringing on average Chambo + no legs Arteta can't be seen as long term options.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Flamini, The Welsh OJ and Theo deserve to be dropped for Elneny, Chambers and Alexis for Stoke.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'm still gutted.. Our chances to win the league depends on getting our injured players back and not losing them again and hope that our new signing(s) settle in quickly. Team as it is right now is not good enough, although they have been able to grind out results.

KillaJax

It's called analyzing the match situation. Ox and Gibbs are our go-to substitutes the same time not matter what. Campbell goes off. No matter what. If we're desperately defending then we take Özil off.

Despite the fact Campbell was our best attacker out there and should by no means have gone off.
Despite Ox is a complete liability in possession and has done the sum total of **** all this season and this is the last game we should've thrown him in.
Despite Flamini doing nothing but jumping around and pointing.
Despite there being no need to take Özil off as he was our outlet.

You don't know what I would've said otherwise, talk crap elsewhere.

What do you mean no need to go off? Liverpool kept up their intensity and we were running on fumes. Campbell as a lot of people noted was tired, you could see it. Özil too seemed absolutely knackered, he was hardly running before he was subbed off. Areta, Flamini and Ramsey should have been enough to see the game off.

Had you analysed the match situation, you would understand that to keep up with Liverpools intensity, we needed to get some fresh legs. Our players were visibly tiring and once you consider our injury crisis, risking key players when you are leading is not wise. He subbed those players with the intention of killing the game off. What else? Send more attackers or not make substitutions?

Ox did not do much wrong in this game, yes he wasn't everywhere on the pitch like Joel was but Gibbs was on the left to compensate for that. Theo was absolute poverty this game and should have been subbed off sooner. Gibbs was brought on to close that side off and offer a burst of energy if required. Good subs.

Özil like I said, was looking tired. He was barely doing his attacking work towards the end let alone come back and defend or have the energy to act as an outlet. Arteta was a safe bet, because he had the experience, is a great passer of the ball, has good vision and most of all offers some defensive protection. Good sub.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If you want to be champions you also don't find yourself scoreless at home against Everton who concede well over a goal a game on average.

Funny how no one ever mentions that sort of stuff.

Oh I absolutely agree, the league is still there for the taking. But look at Chelsea last year, they won with a massive distance. Winning these games, when you're 3 minutes away from the final whistle, is huge.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought we'd draw before the game and after the way we started I though we'd lose by 4 or 5 again so happy we got something from the game.

Alexis needs to come straight into the team against Stoke if Shad hasn't torn his other hamstring, Walcott has been hopeless since the City game, needs a kick up the arse.

Don't get Wenger throwing Arteta on by the way, he had Chambers and Gabriel on the bench...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If you want to be champions you also don't find yourself scoreless at home against Everton who concede well over a goal a game on average.

Funny how no one ever mentions that sort of stuff.
Yeah and there's a good reason for it. The core of that City team has won 2 titles in the last 4 years and Cech is the only player at our club with a PL title. Makes perfect sense. We know those City players can win the title. We've seen them do it. We have no clue if our players can.

PJ99

I will defend Wenger on the subs because you could see the players were tiring and we needed fresh legs. If we had kept the same 11 on for 90 it's likely they would have scored anyway. I think it shows our lack of options really that Gibbs is having to come on and play on the left wing. He and Ox contributed nothing - granted, it's not easy to come on in these sort of games - but Gibbs needed to take the ball to the corner flag and Ox to release it on a counter attack we had. Simple things, really. I honestly thought we would get a chance on the counter at 3-2, but we didn't get near. Can only hope we have more options for the weekend.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Anyone think Cech should have saved it?
Mertesacker should have blocked it. Mertesacker should have made a better clearance for the second as well.

Can't blame Cech, like strikers keepers will make mistakes but even then I don't think he made too many mistakes, tonight or ever for us.

He should have done better with the shot he palmed, we didn't not win due to a Cech mistake, as an equivalent Giroud's miss is ten times worse and more of a reason why we drew and I'm a fully paid up member of the GDL.

Drink drink drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom