• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK_Gooner

I think we should be ok this game. Merts, Nacho, Flamini, Özil won't have played for 11 days and Ramsey was a sub on Saturday so our side should be reasonably fresh (assuming those 5 start). The only two players that you would have to worry about being jaded are Giroud and Bellerin. So, no excuses about fixture congestion for this one. I'm glad Wenger rotated heavily for last game. I expect the same for Burnley.

The only real question on who will start in my mind is between Ox and Campbell. I think the rest of it is nailed on. They both did well last game. I would probably go with Ox just because I think he has more upside and needs games to find form but it's not like Campbell hasn't earned the start either.

Gooner_Delhi

I just hope one of our lads produces a performance like this :

Have seen henry's hat trick against inter, Wilshere vs barca, lehmann vs manutd in fa cup final 2005 / vs real madrid at home 2006, Almunia first half vs barca 2010, Arshavin's 4 goals.

But i am not exaggerating when i say that for me this is probably the greatest performance by an Arsenal player that i have seen!

Ind0Gunnerz

Have seen henry's hat trick against inter, Wilshere vs barca, lehmann vs manutd in fa cup final 2005 / vs real madrid at home 2006, Almunia first half vs barca 2010, Arshavin's 4 goals.

But i am not exaggerating when i say that for me this is probably the greatest performance by an Arsenal player that i have seen!

Damn, always sad to see Diaby's performance in this match. Everyone thought this supposed to be his year. He was also called into the France National Team that year. What a potential ruined by injuries due to a F**king useless tackle

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Brilliant performance but there has definitely been better. I'd say Vieira had a handful of performances better than that.

Hopefully Wenger will be instructing us to sit back and soak up "gegen" , then hit them on the counter. He'll have seen what they can do against teams that have come out to play football against them (Man City) , and what teams that sit back can do.
If we play to our counter attacking potential and don't blindly play Wengerball this should be comfortable imo. As much as I think Wengerball is great, Klopp is not the manager to do it against.

Original_AAA

The first thirty minutes will be key. They will most likely put in a lot of effort from the start chasing us, pressing high and giving us as little time on the ball as possible. If we withstand that, we should have a good chance of grabbing three points.

Looking forward to this game. I like Klopp and it's always fun beating Liverpool. Especially at Anfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Without Coutinho i don't know how liverpool gonna create chances. i think they'll spend the game hoof the ball to Benteke and hope even if that not Klopp style.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Klopp had some funny one liners

"Pep is so experienced," said Klopp. "I'm sure he will buy a few players and have a good team, have 35 players or whatever.
"The number of games is the biggest difference. When I came here, I didn't know there were two rounds in the semi-final of the Capital One Cup. "I had people in Germany, saying 'yeah, you're in the final again'. Idiots!
"In Germany, when you tell people about the FA Cup that if you draw you play again, they say 'what?'
"What I can say about here is very positive, great country, great people, the food is much better than everybody said. Okay, the weather is not great - like everyone said."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ootball-in-england-may-surprise-pep-guardiola

Also some kind notes on Wenger.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Such an intelligent player, amazing awareness of what's around him. Imagine had he progressed into the leader of the team and midfield. When you watch performances like that you can see why Wenger for so long was reluctant to give up on him.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Twitter rumours? A few of them were supposed to be out for a good while.
Touré is clear, Sakho has returned, but he's not considered match fit yet by Pool fans, Hendersen and Ibe are back in training, but it's not sure if they'll play.

We could see Touré and Lucas as centerbacks because Sakho was poor last time out, but that's about all the speculation I can give.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Meanwhile at RAWK:

Locking briefly so this can be read and understood

If this thread turns into a stupid ****show of handbags about Lucas vs <enter any player here> then people will lose posting rights for a while. It's circular and drags the threads into a neverending barrage of attacks and derailment

Will reopen in 10 mins.

Yours truly,

Kim Jong-un.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Only approved posters are allowed to post in match threads over there.

There's half-time and full-time threads however, but... why? o_O

CrypticSaint

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 27 mins27 minutes ago

Steven Caulker is eligible to face #Arsenal tomorrow after joining Liverpool on loan.
tumblr_mv8nxeQvvx1rvx7txo4_250.gif

Jazz

....................Giroud
Theo...............................Campbell
.....................Özil
..Chambers............Ramsey
Nacho......Kos.......Per......Bellerin
.....................Cech

This team would have been so good with Alexis, Coq in and Giroud, Chambers out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom