• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Man City v Arsenal | Sun October 24th 16:00 | SS1

McIntyre

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Weren't some Arsenal players (Song i think) moaning about how Ade had just completely blanked them at Eastlands last season?

I thought it was the reverse. That Ade was moaning that Song, who he felt was like his brother, just ignored his handshake and others did the same!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The win will have given the lads a lot of confidence. Now build on it! Well done Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!! we seem to be masters at getting opponents sent off.....how many games have we played this season against 10 men?

Herbas

McIntyre said:
Armor for Sleep said:
Weren't some Arsenal players (Song i think) moaning about how Ade had just completely blanked them at Eastlands last season?

I thought it was the reverse. That Ade was moaning that Song, who he felt was like his brother, just ignored his handshake and others did the same!

Yes, exactly. Ade said that Song suddenly started to ignore him and even play dirty against him, so it was really strange to see both Ade and Song so friendly today.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
It was the other way round fellas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2643033/Alex-Song-blasts-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... bayor.html</a>

Eboue hit out at him too.

McIntyre

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
It was the other way round fellas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2643033/Alex-Song-blasts-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... bayor.html</a>"

Eboue hit out at him too.

The article you quote is Alex Song's response to Kolo Toure's suggestion that the Arsenal players refused to shake Adebayor's hand.

“I am astounded because [Adebayor] has received blows from all the Arsenal players,” Toure told the Sun newspaper.

“Even though he was the first to go and salute them in the tunnel, even those who had an affinity with him didn’t want to shake his hand.

“For me that is unacceptable.”

So Song is saying that Adebayor didn't shake HIS hand then he went mental on the pitch, while Toure says they didn't shake Adebayor's hand and that's why he went mental. :?

Classic he said she said. :lol:

Y va marquer

Established Member
3-0

There’s no way I’d have predicted that score line primarily because I am never confident that we can keep a clean sheet.

Major credit to Fabianski for that, he held firm and solid when his CBs left him exposed.

Nasri was superb, he played with commitment, passion and style and his goal was a dream.

Fantastic to see Cesc back and glad he made it through in one piece – he took some punishment from the City players.

Songs finish was a sublime surprise.

And Bendy, what can I say? We should bottle that attitude.

AxlGunners

I said to my brother whilst watching the Arsenal match that I hope Bendtner comes on, scores, runs the full length of the pitch and slides on his knees in front of Adebayor with his arms outstretched.

Shame he didn't :(

On a more serious note. It's easy to forget that this game could have been FAR different if Silva had put that chance in in the 2nd minute or Boyata didn't get sent off. We were fortunate today but was pleased with the attitude and commitment the players had out there.

Also, Fabianski was fantastic and I never thought I'd say that.

Y va marquer

Established Member
"Manchester City would have lost with 15 players"

Nice one Cesc :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8084477/Manchester-City-would-have-lost-with-15-players-says-Arsenals-Cesc-Fabregas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... regas.html</a>

marco

Fantastic performance, the best result we have had in a match since chelsea away in november 2008..
that could easily have been 4 or 5.
you have to say we know we are dodgy defensively but fabianski played well and denilson gave the defence some great protection somethign diaby never never does.
nasri fantastic he is on fire..
song -great
chamakh is so strong up top and never gives fouls away yet still challenges.
great scenes in our end when song scored the 2nd goal..

my happiest moment of all was when adebayor came on, seeing him play for city makes me so happy..i never hated an arsenal player more than when he played for us, apart from possibly almunia) so to see him play for another club is a dream.

thought citeh were very average...most other teams would have put a better fight up with ten men..we copmpletely dominated posession..

if players stay fit we have an outside chance of getting second place(rosicky, theo and super nic coming off the bench does show a certain strength in depth..

progman07

Established Member
AxlGunners said:
On a more serious note. It's easy to forget that this game could have been FAR different if Silva had put that chance in in the 2nd minute or Boyata didn't get sent off. We were fortunate today but was pleased with the attitude and commitment the players had out there.
Not really.

1. Cesc gave a pass that made a goalscoring opportunity. It should have been 1-0 that moment, had we not got fouled.
2. Fabianski made a great save, that isn't luck, that's class.
3. We also missed a penalty, what about that?

There was no such thing as luck yesterday.

Anzac

Established Member
An unexpected result & I'm delighted.
Me thinks the significance of the result mentally will be more important than the actual performance or circumstances.
Still plenty of work to be done as someone said earlier we've played better, and a team like CFC or the Spanish Giants are more then capable of beating us if we repeat the performance against them.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Very proud of the team and the performance yesterday. Big games are never going to be without there shaky moments and after so many recent losses at that stadium it's good to be on the end of a win. I thought they were all great, barring Djourou who didn't have his best game. But special mention to Fabianski. I have given that guy a lot of stick, and deservedly so for how inept he has been. But over the last few games, he's starting to win me round. He's not carrying that rabbit caught in headlight look that has in the past and dare I say it has started to look assured. It really is amazing what confidence can d

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
While I'm watching the match again, the german commentator has had quite an intresting stat to offer.

Only one out of our last 42 goals in all competitions have been scored from outside the box.

Kain

Established Member
Just out of interest, who is our next left footed centre back after Vermaelen?

There seemed to be some problems for Djourou in this regard during the City game. I'd sooner have Squillaci on the left of the two for any game we have in future without Vermaelen, he has the majority of top flight experience over Koscielny & Djourou + Sagna is on the right side of defence who very rarely gets troubled and is the most assured defender after Vermaelen.

It’s not the end of the world having two same footed centre backs, but can be an issue especially if they do not have match fitness and experience on their side at the time of being called upon.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Koscielny is right footed but played as a left-sided centre-back at Laurent. So, he's pretty comfortable playing in the left side whenever Vermaelen's unavailable.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606

Jump to the 25:17 mark and listen to the manc calling! He's brilliant. All of a sudden he starts shouting about this huge conspiracy against City where everyone from Dan Brown to the FA and the referees are involved. He really can't fathom that Cesc wasn't sent off for an incident he wasn't even involved in. "WE COULD SEE IT UP FROM THE STANDS! HE SHOULD'VE BEEN SENT OFF! BUT OH NO, WHAT DOES CLATTENBURG DO? HE BOOKS THAT NUMBER TWENTY, JOJOBO DJOBO OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED!"

sagreig

Aside from the fact that it was a great result, I think the most pleasing thing about this is how wound-up the citeh fans seem to be. This has hit them very hard. They thought they were certain to win at home and to see your side get humiliated (fairly) it is quite a shock for them. Bless.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom