• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Man City v Arsenal | Sun October 24th 16:00 | SS1

progman07

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/606

Jump to the 25:17 mark and listen to the manc calling! He's brilliant. All of a sudden he starts shouting about this huge conspiracy against City where everyone from Dan Brown to the FA and the referees are involved. He really can't fathom that Cesc wasn't sent off for an incident he wasn't even involved in. "WE COULD SEE IT UP FROM THE STANDS! HE SHOULD'VE BEEN SENT OFF! BUT OH NO, WHAT DOES CLATTENBURG DO? HE BOOKS THAT NUMBER TWENTY, JOJOBO DJOBO OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED!"
:lol: That's an average bitter man city fan, I guess. I fail to see how that last-man foul on Chamakh was not a red card, but then what do you expect from fans who have tattoos like this:

1fu0cl.jpg

-vapour-

Hahaha hilarious. I want to see these 'several' yellow card offences. I was pretty sure I watched him quite closely after the first booking cause I was concerned he might get a second yellow and I can't remember seeing any 'cynical' challenges after that. Bitter bastards. Can't believe they all ramble on about ruining a 'spectacle', it's not our fault, or the referee's it's Mancini's if anyone.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anzac said:
An unexpected result & I'm delighted.
Me thinks the significance of the result mentally will be more important than the actual performance or circumstances.
Still plenty of work to be done as someone said earlier we've played better, and a team like CFC or the Spanish Giants are more then capable of beating us if we repeat the performance against them.

Amen brother-on all the above!

mo50

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:

Jump to the 25:17 mark and listen to the manc calling! He's brilliant. All of a sudden he starts shouting about this huge conspiracy against City where everyone from Dan Brown to the FA and the referees are involved. He really can't fathom that Cesc wasn't sent off for an incident he wasn't even involved in. "WE COULD SEE IT UP FROM THE STANDS! HE SHOULD'VE BEEN SENT OFF! BUT OH NO, WHAT DOES CLATTENBURG DO? HE BOOKS THAT NUMBER TWENTY, JOJOBO DJOBO OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED!"

:lol:

The guy was almost in tears at the end! his voice started breaking up. Absolutely clueless. He actually thought Fabregas should've been sent off. Idiots.

kel varnsen

Established Member
great result. decent and mature performance. we did what we had to do to win and that was nice to see. hopefully we can build on this and with players returning, we'll even see some nice football in the coming weeks.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
progman07 said:
AxlGunners said:
On a more serious note. It's easy to forget that this game could have been FAR different if Silva had put that chance in in the 2nd minute or Boyata didn't get sent off. We were fortunate today but was pleased with the attitude and commitment the players had out there.
Not really.

1. Cesc gave a pass that made a goalscoring opportunity. It should have been 1-0 that moment, had we not got fouled.
2. Fabianski made a great save, that isn't luck, that's class.
3. We also missed a penalty, what about that?

There was no such thing as luck yesterday.

Amen. We have had our fair share of bad "luck" in the recent past. Whilst the 10 men of Citeh were always going to be up against it, we had to prove that we could still win the game. Also, all the pressure was now on us to do just that. I thought we looked nervous and indecisive in the 1st half but turned that around with a stellar performace in the 2nd. whilst still playing with our 2nd pair Centre backs, minus our No.1 striker and missing arguable 2 of our more influential midfielders in Wilshere & Diaby. Oh, and do we have a 1st choice goalkeeper?

Great result. Lets move forward now.

marco

mo50 said:
Klaus Daimler said:

:lol:

The guy was almost in tears at the end! his voice started breaking up. Absolutely clueless. He actually thought Fabregas should've been sent off. Idiots.

haha we were listening to him in the car..i would love to see his face when he realises that it was djourou who made the foul not fabregas,.and fabregas was complaining that it should have been a booking because he is our captain and can talk to the referee

AxlGunners

progman07 said:
AxlGunners said:
On a more serious note. It's easy to forget that this game could have been FAR different if Silva had put that chance in in the 2nd minute or Boyata didn't get sent off. We were fortunate today but was pleased with the attitude and commitment the players had out there.
Not really.

1. Cesc gave a pass that made a goalscoring opportunity. It should have been 1-0 that moment, had we not got fouled.
2. Fabianski made a great save, that isn't luck, that's class.
3. We also missed a penalty, what about that?

There was no such thing as luck yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I didn't mention anything about luck.

It's pretty naive to think that if Boyata hadn't take down Chamakh he would have scored. Yes, it would have been a good goal scoring opportunity but Chamakh isn't a great finisher, there's a good chance he would have fluffed it. For example, if we hadn't seen the end result of Silva's opening chance I think the majority of us would have presumed that he'd have made it 1-nil to them. Joe Hart is an excellent goalkeeper so there was still a lot for Chamakh to do.

Yes, we created chances and in the end deserved the win but you seem to be not grasping a simple concept of the sending off changing the game. We did not look comfortable defending, even when they had 10 men. All i'm saying is the sending off changed the game, and meant City had to almost play into our hands and let us take control of the game. At 11 v 11, I'm not sure they'd have let us be so comfortable on the ball. Although we rightly deserved to win, it cannot be underestimated how fortunate we were that the sending off benefited us greatly.

It was an important victory for the team, and for the fans who haven't seen us beat a big English team in quite some time. But let's not get carried away, the performance still highlighted numerous defensive frailties.

progman07

Established Member
I don't rate Chamakh's finishing, but a 1on1 is a 1on1, whether it's Eboue or van Persie on the ball it doesn't matter. It's a huge goalscoring chance, that's what I was talking about.

We would never know whether the sending off changed everything, we basically played like we did against Chelsea, with the exception that Cesc played as well, Man City is a worse team and we took our chances. Man City fans aswell fall into the mistake that in the first 5 mins they played well, so surely they would have continued. I don't believe in that.

Chass

progman07 said:
Klaus Daimler said:

:lol: That's an average bitter man city fan, I guess. I fail to see how that last-man foul on Chamakh was not a red card, but then what do you expect from fans who have tattoos like this:

1fu0cl.jpg

:lol: City fans tut tut. Reminds me of the time I got a Hatem Trabelsi tattoo before his transfer broke through :( .

Nela

Established Member
A bit late, but did anyone else watch this with Sky commentators?

They sounded really subdued everytime we scored. It was almost as though they couldn't even be bothered to try to hide their dissapointment.

Captain

Established Member
It's interesting how many stats popped up over the last week about us not beating a big team in ages. We beat Liverpool last season and we also roasted Tottenham who actually finished fourth. Adding ManCity in there is unbelievably sensational; this season they look to have a squad that will compete but citing them as a top four or big team in previous seasons is plain wrong.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Ye thats been annoying me too. I guess its just the tendency of people to twist something to suit their point of view or to make something sound more sensationalist.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Nela said:

They sounded really subdued everytime we scored. It was almost as though they couldn't even be bothered to try to hide their dissapointment.

My theory is that they had money on City winning.

Still, this sounded like music when compared to the embarrassing fare in the Brum match.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Nela said:

I saw someone raise the exact same point on a Villa forum yesterday (and, no, I usually don't hang around on Villa forums). It must've been pretty obvious.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I couldn't hear the commentators where I was watching. Was it Andy Gray + 1?

There should be a red button option to mute him alone.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Andy Gray and Martin Tyler. Can't say they were subdued after our opening goal, but I thinks its natural to be a little subdued or disappointed when the game is over as an contest after we scored the 2nd and 3rd, I don't know, I did notice it though and put it down the game being over after our 2nd with City down to 10 men.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom