• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

boyinneedofhumor

RUS arsenal said:
Sigh, here comes the usual annual Wenger hate and claims that manager A, B, C would do so much better with "resources" (?!) Arsène has access to...

Truth of the matter, we, as a team, are in a slump and need to figure out how to come out of it. This is a shared responsibility by everyone at the club, the managers, the players, the leaders in the dressing room, the home support: everyone!
I don't know about you but I saw effort in there despite the performance yesterday.
Sagna's defensive consistency as though he was never away,
Carzola's refusal to give up despite the penalty and ending up with the injury time consolation goal,
Arteta attempting to stable the midfield and win back the ball and that moment with an elbow to RvP's face while both going for the header,
and Mertesacker's organizational play at times.

Perhaps the reason it hurts is that deep in our hearts we actually believe that this team is somewhat capable of getting a result. Yet I'm not sure if you sensed it that, at one brief stage right after their second goal, we were almost in danger of playing out of frustration and leaking more goals (via Valencia on their flanks especially). The scoreline aside, the fact that the team did not totally lose their heads and became devoid of sense in their play (akin to 8-2 last season) was a consolation to me.

But when the "normal" game doesn't seem to head anywhere anymore, it's moronic to look to the manager for clear ideas and leadership as a refusal to accept defeat?
Ok if you say so then... that gives me an idea about your character and how you deal with matters.

dreamLord

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkC1WuTtwo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkC1WuTtwo</a>

We used to play actual football until even a few years ago. Wenger has systematically dismantled the team, and not just in its personnel.

arsenallegends

Established Member
I'm so upset and dispirited inside. Everything about this episode was repugnant, and its attached a struggle that I can trace back to Eduardo's injury. I've just slowly altered expectations for the side, sequence by sequence. For Wenger to be in this hole is just beyond belief for me. I echo Fabo in my detest for football.

IMO the players let us down big time, not only in there endeavor, but most significantly in their attitude with that loathsome cretin. It was indicative of several things.

I think I can count teams on more more than one hand in this league that are better passing sides than us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This game serves as that timely reminder every season, that no matter how good we think we are, no matter what amount of spells we go through of winning games, ultimately our season will amount to nothing because the general formula will be applied against us to the greatest affect.

We should be lucky all teams in the league have not adopted this approach yet.

As long as Wenger is here, persisting with an almost moronic slow buildup play, no closing down of opponents and having no service plus finishing in the final third will we enter the same cycle over and over.

We are a yesterday team plain and simple, dont let our next big win make you forget that

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
perspolis said:
The Gods of the game love us it seems!

Against we drop points, and against our rivals (for 4th place) don't capitalize!

Fulham 1-1 Everton
Spuds 0-1 Wigan

Until January 13th when we play City, we will be playing 11 games against mid-table and lower teams. If don't get at least 30 points from these games then I will shoot myself! lol

Dude.. QPR, Norwich ring any bell? you should not put your life on the line for something like this

kenkbc2

We'll bounce back...we always do. And maybe thats where the problem is...its sort of a God given thing that we'll stay in the top 4 no matter how cr*p we are.

And maybe the sh*theads in the management and Board know this as well... they get their annual profits (with their obnoxious salary increment....yes I'm talking about you, Ivan, you jack*ss) and CL place secured at the same time without breaking the bank..

Geez..there are times (not always though) that I wish we get knocked out of the top 4 for just one season so that these d*ckheads get their fingers out of their a**e and start looking at some changes to our transfer policy.

And for goodness sake, please stop with this "its more important to finish in the top 4 than winning the League/F.A Cup" crap...its giving the players the wrong kind of mentality when they step into the field.

There..rant over!

kenkbc2

By the way...thumbs up to Judas for not celebrating ala Adepaymemore style after scoring..go on son and win the trophy you're craving for (which looks very much likely now seeing how crap Chelsea and City are at the moment..)

eye4goal

Established Member

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
This is unbelievable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227303/Andre-Santos-asks-Robin-van-Persies-shirt-half-time.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -time.html</a>

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
HollandGooner said:
This is unbelievable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227303/Andre-Santos-asks-Robin-van-Persies-shirt-half-time.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -time.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I said this during the match; I hope he never plays for us again and we sell him in January.

VAVAVOOM 14

Santos can **** right off back to Turkey as far as I'm concerned.

What a pernicious gesture. Symbolizes the state of the club.

We're fading fast.

dysphoria

Established Member
VAVAVOOM 14 said:

We're fading fast.

if anything, a gesture like that really shows you what you need to know about the mentality that is going around the club and probably most of the players at the moment, 1-0 down at the toilet, **** is asking an ex **** for his shirt, how can you say the players look like they'll come back from half time fighting for it and put in whatever effort is required to try to get a result? Basically, santos couldn't give a **** about the result or about the 2nd half, no urgency, hunger or professionalism, even if he comes to knows how pissed off the fans are with him, he probably will not understand why because that **** is only hungry for success on the plate and not the pitch. Very worrying that that mentality might and is probably not just in him but many of our other players and possibly throughout the management as well, it sure as hell is prevalent with the board who don't give two ****s how we do on the pitch as long as profits are continued to be made.

dpt49

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
This is unbelievable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227303/Andre-Santos-asks-Robin-van-Persies-shirt-half-time.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -time.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What's unbelievable is that Santos asked for his shirt while he was still on the pitch, in full view of our supporters.

He doesn't seem to be the brightest spark, but surely he could have waited until he was in the tunnel.

Not only does it show his stupidity but also a complete lack of respect to the supporters who pay his vastly inflated wages.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
dysphoria said:
VAVAVOOM 14 said:

We're fading fast.

if anything, a gesture like that really shows you what you need to know about the mentality that is going around the club and probably most of the players at the moment, 1-0 down at the toilet, **** is asking an ex **** for his shirt, how can you say the players look like they'll come back from half time fighting for it and put in whatever effort is required to try to get a result? Basically, santos couldn't give a **** about the result or about the 2nd half, no urgency, hunger or professionalism, even if he comes to knows how pissed off the fans are with him, he probably will not understand why because that **** is only hungry for success on the plate and not the pitch. Very worrying that that mentality might and is probably not just in him but many of our other players and possibly throughout the management as well, it sure as hell is prevalent with the board who don't give two ***** how we do on the pitch as long as profits are continued to be made.

As a Manager and Assistant Manager its Wengers and Boulds job to instill the correct mentaility in to the players.

The players are a reflection of their manager...if fergie managed Santos, believe me there would be no shirt swapping

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom