• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester City vs Arsenal | 14/12/13 | 12:45 PM

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
155px-Manchester_City.svg.png
-----------------Manchester City vs Arsenal--------------
130px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------Etihad Stadium
------------------------------------------------------Saturday 14th December 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------Kick Off – 12:45 PM

-----------------------------------------------------
SkySports1.png_1275714225.png

--------------------------------
889876_Arsenal.jpg

Bench: - Fabianski, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Podolski, Walcott

- Manchester City - 1 - - - Arsenal - 1
- Agüero - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsey

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

--------------------Szczesny
-Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
--------------Ramsey---Flamini
Walcott------------Özil--------Wilshere
-------------------Giroud

blaze_of_glory

Back 5 (with Jenks as Sagna is out)
------Flamini---Ramsey-----
Walcott---Özil------Cazorla
-------Giroud----------

Going to be incredibly hard. I'm expecting a loss tbh. And we shoudln't treat that as the end of the world (unless we get smashed, that would be hard to take). City are outstanding at home and snatching a draw would be massive. If we can give a good account of ourselves I'll be ok with it.

Vela

Established Member
----------------------Szczęsny
Sagna-------Mertesacker------Koscielny-------Monreal
------------Ramsey----------Arteta/Flamini
Walcott----------------Özil-----------------Wilshere
----------------------Giroud

Bench - Fabiański, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Arteta/Flamini, Cazorla, Rosický, Podolski.

Jenkinson for Sagna if he's still injured. And Bendtner for Podolski if he isn't back yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
3 wishes: 1- I Hope Walcott start 2- I Hope Sagna is fit 3- I hope we win or at least get a point.

we must put an great defensive performance if we want to get out with positive result, Walcott should start really we are struggling to create chances no 5 midfield and Giroud alone upfront please Arsène.

Seczcney

Sagna/Jenko Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs

Flamini Ramsey

Walcott Özil Cazorla

Giroud

Inthe blood

Established Member
Ramsey Arteta, have played in all our biggest wins bar the Napoli game. They must start with Walcott and Wilshere.

The team have been clearly conserving energy these last two games, no more excuses. We fail to show up here and the confidence built up all season goes up in flames and worse still Chelsea will smell blood.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd consider dropping Giroud. Seriously.

B...Be...Bendt... No. I can't. Giroud it is.

ArsenalCRO

We need few fresh legs for this...and i just dread this game now, barely 2 days rest, if only it was at Emirates ok, but just to rub it in its away, for the love of god...hopefully we can get away with a point, maybe even 3 if we turn up!

Szczęsny
Sagna/Jenks Per Kos Gibbs
Flamini Ramsey
Walcott Özil Cazorla
Giroud

Giroud

Established Member
Szczesny, Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, Flamini, Ramsey, Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Don't want to see Arteta against two athletic midfielders so I have Flamini and Ramsey in there. Fernandinho and Toure leave space in behind them though and it will be up to Kompany to fill this gap leaving space for runners in behind which should work into Walcott's hands. Özil will take advantage of this and hopefully Cazorla will find his creative touch again.

If we go into this match with a high intensity and players willing to make those tiring runs in behind to provide a goal threat there's no reason why we can't get a good result. City are very beatable as Bayern proved when they destroyed them at the Etihad. United and Tottenham just played the game in their hands and deservedly got hammered but there's no reason why we cant take advantages of their weaknesses defensively in midfield and at the back.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we'll lose this. Looking a bereft of real attacking intent or incisiveness the last two games. Hope Walcott starts. Think him plus Özil will be vital to carry on our success through the season. Worried out styles going to get a bit stale. Rosicky has annoyed me the last couple of times he's played as well. Tries stupid Hollywood balls and switches the play for no good reason.

Hope Gibbs is a necessity vs Jesus Navas for me. Monreal will be exposed for pace. Usual characters will start I'm sure. Walcott will get 4 minutes at the end no doubt.

Wouterus

Vela said:
----------------------Szczęsny
Sagna-------Mertesacker------Koscielny-------Monreal
------------Ramsey----------Arteta/Flamini
Walcott----------------Özil-----------------Wilshere
----------------------Giroud
Agree with this lineup. Barely two days rest before this game, we need a few fresh players.

blaze_of_glory

Walcott must start. We'll be pressed back all game and he could be the difference in knicking a goal or two on the counter.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------Szczesny
Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
Walcott-Ramsey--Özil-Flamini-Wilshere
---------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Bendtner

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
Sagna needs to make this. Jesus christ.
If it's his hamstring then somebody needs to be putting tape on it from this second until KO, make him fit!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Big game this. A strong test, and arguably an even bigger test than it was before. Test of resilience, and being able to bounce back.

I want to see a Flamini-Ramsey midfield. Even if Theo doesn't start, he HAS to get minutes. And we have to hope Sagna comes back.

mo50

Established Member
We always play well at the Etihad, so we have a chance. I have a feeling we will get comprehensively beaten though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
mo50 said:
We always play well at the Etihad, so we have a chance. I have a feeling we will get comprehensively beaten though.

We do always play well there. That's what Im clinging to for dear life.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This game is far bigger than it should be now. If Everton and Napoli were big tests we failed, then we can't make it a trio. Defeat is out of the question.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom