• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Manchester City vs Arsenal - 4:10pm - 18/12/11 - SS1

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We need to play to our strenght thats playing in our own way, that will give us the victory.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
To hell with the draw. I know we've got worries in the defensive department but if everyone has their head screwed on (Djourou, Mertesacker, Song), then we can definitely beat this lot. I'm not at all convinced by Citeh in truth and they have areas we can exploit i.e Clichy at left back, Lescott and the hopeless Barry. I reckon people have got a bit carried away with their start and they're bound to implode eventually. Chelsea giving them a tough game wouldn't hurt either.

PredictionL Citeh 0-3 Van Persie

Sidenote: Why is this game kicking off at 4:10pm?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We'll win. I agree with whoever said Kos needs to play centrally. Aguero is a nightmare to mark and Per would struggle against him.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Play Diaby or Coquelin instead of Ramsey. Extremely worried of Clichy and Richards destroying us out wide, but it was good to see Walcott and Gervinho helping out defensively today because we'll need more of the same. If we had Jenkinson, Santos or Gibbs fit and played Vermaelen in the center, I'd fancy us for a win but as it stands I'm not optimistic.

Jbruin

Established Member
Diaby would be worse than Ramsey, he'll just give the ball away all the time and ball hog, breaking down attacking moves. Would rather play Benny or Rosicky as our AM.

dpt49

Established Member
The pressure will be off us.

It would be nice if we could stop their undefeated run, but I'd settle for a draw

arsenallegends

Established Member
Jbruin said:
Diaby would be worse than Ramsey, he'll just give the ball away all the time and ball hog, breaking down attacking moves. Would rather play Benny or Rosicky as our AM.

Forget about them. I would play Rosicky then. Diaby would offer us height, strength, penetration and goal threat but Rosicky offers creativity, incisive passing and puts in a good shift sometimes.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Worried about this game, obviously. Massive test for the team, and I think the majority of us expect a loss. BUT. I genuinely think that there is a chance in this game. Defensively we've been good, and Song is going to have to have a big, big performance. Arteta needs to be on Silva like a rash.

Hopefully Gervinho and Walcott can exploit the City defenders. We know that Clichy can be exploited by quick wingers, and is prone to a lapse in concentration; hopefully Walcott can exploit this with good movement. Will be interesting to see if they play Nasri, who Mancini himself admitted struggled against us at the Emirates, will he be better at the Etihad?

This game is also played on my birthday, so a win could really make my day!

RUS arsenal

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Jbruin said:
TheLoneFalcon said:
Wasn't ferrari a massive troll?
Na man he's actually a pretty decent poster.

Rare to see a troll grow up, good for him.
From what I've seen of ferrari, he is a good poster though I'm confused as to why, with all of these promotions, posters such as airknight haven't been promoted yet.

Back on topic, I think that if we approach this game without fear and with winning intent, we'll perform well, however if we play not to lose then it won't be pretty. Everything will be down to attitude, just like the Chelsea game where we played to win and won.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
As being stated often enough already, if any of you know a Lobby Member who deserves promotion in your eyes, feel free to inform us (Trusted Members or anyone above that) via PM.

Now let's keep this on topic please.

mistaT

Established Member
Who of their strikers do you think will pose the biggest issue for us?

I think Koscielny will handle Aguero/Silva very well, but I have concerns about those two up against Mertesacker.

Consequently - I think Per or Vermalean would do well against Balotelli, and of course Vermalean may be seeing a fair amount of Nasri/Silva/Milner as a LB.

As for Dzeko, meh....he doesn't concern me like the others.

Walcott vs Clichy hmmmmmmmm :|

Jbruin

Established Member
Definitely Aguero, I feel exactly the same as you about Dzeko, I think Per can handle him, we need to try and keep Aguero and Silva quiet to win this game though and they're both gonna be on Djourou's side of the pitch... So that's a bit worry, eveywhere else on the piutch I don't feel they have anything on us though, I think Song is gonna show Yaya up and him and Arteta are gonna dominate the midfield. Can see Gervinho and Walcott upsetting their full backs as well, especially Gervais V Richards.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
It is the battle between top scorer for each team . RVP and Aguero....

I hope our front three will take any possible chances to score as early as possible.

Come on you Gunners!....

Vela

Established Member
Remember last season when Alex Song marked Rooney through out the game when Arsenal beat Man Utd at the Emirates 1-0. Think we need Song to try and do that again with David Silva.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Agree with you Vela, strangle Silva and their creativity is almost non-existant. Song doesn't have the positional intelligence to halt his runs without fouling consistantly imo, but with so many hard workers in the outfield we have the ability to cut of their supply.

City are at home and as league leaders they are basically obligated to attack, so I think we need to take a leaf out of their book and play the majority of the game counter-attacking. Apart from his improved crossing, Walcott has also got a much better first touch lately and should give Clichy problems as he likes to dive in regularly. To be fair to him, he's looked a bit more composed at City, but Walcott definitely has the tools to trouble him.

I've not been convinced by Hart from set-pieces at all, with so many CBs and Arteta and RVP sending in quality there might be opportunity there.

The key here is to score first, obviously. On the break they are scary.

dreamLord

Established Member
Tell Ramsey to play deeper and crowd the midfield area, score a lucky goal(set piece/counter), and hope for a 1-0 win.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom