• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Manchester United vs Arsenal- 19th November. 12:30 SS1

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Celestis and Jeff Adelaide are positive Australians. I do feel a bit negative and worried myself though. That's the reason I'm camping at AM for this game. Collective elation or meltdown is better than alone and this game is vital. The fear is real since its pressure from all sides and for them too.

Oh and its your Bday, littleredridingAustralian.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Will it be Xhaka-Ramsey? Will Giroud start with Theo and Alexis flanking, making it an occasional 4-4-2 in offense? Despite our injuries we still have a lot of possibilities.

Possibility for a disaster.

I'm half confident we'll get a point at least though. As long as we don't throw away a lead, draw could be seen as a good result.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd still put Rashford as one of the ones to watch out for despite his poor form. Especially now that it looks like we'll be without the pace of Bellerin on the right.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would drop Walcott for this. Not ideal but Mourinho doesn't leave much space in behind and I don't think he will be as effective with Jenkinson behind him. Also means we can play Ramsey without leaving holes in CM.

---------------- Sanchez ----------------
Iwobi ----------- Özil ----------- Ramsey
--------- Coquelin ---- Xhaka ---------
Monreal - Koscielny - Mustafi - Jenkinson
------------------- Cech -------------------

skip spence

Would drop Walcott for this. Not ideal but Mourinho doesn't leave much space in behind and I don't think he will be as effective with Jenkinson behind him. Also means we can play Ramsey without leaving holes in CM.

---------------- Sanchez ----------------
Iwobi ----------- Özil ----------- Ramsey
--------- Coquelin ---- Xhaka ---------
Monreal - Koscielny - Mustafi - Jenkinson
------------------- Cech -------------------
Still trying to get around to the fact that Jenkinson is a likely starter. Haven't seen him play that much tbh but it seems he's decent bombing forward. More concerned about his defending, won't compare favourably to Hector there I'm afraid.

I can see Giroud starting this match with Alexis on the bench, depending on the latter's fitness/tiredness. Personally I'd like to see them both on the pitch since they are our best goalscorers but won't complain if Alexis is deemed fit to start the game up front either.

GT2006

I really dont get people on here saying to move Mustafi out to right back. The partnership he has with Koscielny is extremely strong, and no way you want to disrupt that in such a big game.

I really believe Bellerin will be playing this week, and if not I would play Jenkinson He is weak yes, but we have Walcott supporting him, and Mustafi beside him. Anyway lets hope Bellerin is fine and the issue doesnt arise.

My team would be the usual, and I really doubt Sanchez will sit this one out, his hamstring will be fine he played 85 mins for Chile without any complaints.

My team:

Cech​
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Coquelin
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Sanchez

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I really dont get people on here saying to move Mustafi out to right back. The partnership he has with Koscielny is extremely strong, and no way you want to disrupt that in such a big game.

Maybe because Jenkinson isn't an Arsenal level player and the step down from Hector to Carl is something of a chasm. Mustafi wouldn't be such a step down in quality.

GT2006

Maybe because Jenkinson isn't an Arsenal level player and the step down from Hector to Carl is something of a chasm. Mustafi wouldn't be such a step down in quality.

Of course, i completely agree he's nowhere near Bellerin's level! But not only are you disrupting a very solid CB pairing, you are bringing in Holding/Gabriel who are also not near the quality needed for Arsenal (right now).

So I would prefer keeping the rest of the team in position, and having one weak point and hope the others around him give him a dig out.

say yes

forum master baiter
Quite possible that Wenger starts the axis of doom this match.

Giroud-Walcott combo up front.

Famous Old Trafford right flank of Walcott-Jenkinson.

Ramsey dictating the game from CM.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Suicidal per in that position. We will so susceptible to counter attacks. Besides he has not played a single game this season.
Nah, I wasn't being that serious and just wondering....We won't play 3 at the back. Why would it be suicidal though? He has two defensive midfielders ahead of him along with two quick cbs either side. I was just playing around with an idea to see how 3 CB's and the team would look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom