• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Newcastle v Arsenal 29/08/15 12.45pm (BT Sport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I have the same feeling about Özil tbh. Not the messy part, but the failing to meet my expectations.

neimad

Sanchez isn't as good as I thought he would be.

Very messy player.

He's our wildcard player. Not everything he does works out but if we didn't have him we'd be even more predictable.

He's actually A LOT better than I thought he'd be. Was pleasantly surprised.

He's not fully back to last seasons levels yet but he will after the break hopefully.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Alexis should be coming back into the side around now, instead, due to the awful setup we have at this club, he was rushed back for the first game.

Looking at how Özil and Di Maria have been since they arrived in England, I'd stay well clear of any Madrid cast offs from now on, bar Bale due to the fact that he's played in England before.

Proof

Established Member
One of the reasons why Alexis' performances are suffering is because he is played on the left.

He played 50+ games for us last season and had 10 or 12 days of vacation because of Copa America. The season before he played 50+ games for Barcelona and also had a short holiday because of the World Cup. Absolutely insane rhythm!

Last edited:

Hegemony

Whole team is off at the moment and it's lucky we've managed 2 flaky wins and a draw. Tbf though, if we hadn't lost that West Ham game we'd be sitting pretty.

This team has to find form before we can no longer grind out results. Giroud and Walcott are both dire strikers, more so than they usually are. Normally you count on both for a goal and a solid performance; they seem to have regressed, worryingly.
Sanchez looks burnt out, shouldn't have been near the starting 11 for the first 3 games.
Ramsey and Özil won't be able to perform in the no. 10 role as long as our front line is static; both had no help at all in the games played. No excuses though, they have to up their goalscoring output to make up for the lack of goals in the side.

Honourable mentions have to go to Petr Cech, Koscielny and Gabriel; looked solid so far, good to have them in the side.

Got to pull our act together.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Sanchez single-handedly saved us from having to worry about our Top 4 spot last season, the only player worth a damn in the opening four months or so. He's the only attacking player I'm not worried about to be honest, and judging from the way Wenger's been shuffling all his attackers bar Alexis around he feels the same way.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sanchez isn't as good as I thought he would be.

Very messy player.

Really? He's better than I thought he would be. I always rated him but he's a better player here than he's ever been elsewhere IMO. He's a high risk high reward type player. Not like Hazard who when an option doesn't seem likely will still hang onto the ball, Sanchez will try and force the issue.

I can't have complaints really, he's won us many games by himself already.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Really? He's better than I thought he would be. I always rated him but he's a better player here than he's ever been elsewhere IMO. He's a high risk high reward type player. Not like Hazard who when an option doesn't seem likely will still hang onto the ball, Sanchez will try and force the issue.

I can't have complaints really, he's won us many games by himself already.
Agree, completely and I don't understand why we don't try to maximize his offensive potential by limiting his defensive contribution. Wouldn't it be better if he saved more energy for attacking situations? The teams who usually win look to maximize their best players' potential.

Crew

Agree, completely and I don't understand why we don't try to maximize his offensive potential by limiting his defensive contribution. Wouldn't it be better if he saved more energy for attacking situations? The teams who usually win look to maximize their best players' potential.
Don't you think Alexis would be at his best as a second striker behind/next to a striker? I reckon he can hit 35+ goals in all competitions if he plays there. But Wenger will never do that, especially when Özil's here.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Don't you think Alexis would be at his best as a second striker behind/next to a striker? I reckon he can hit 35+ goals in all competitions if he plays there. But Wenger will never do that, especially when Özil's here.
He is great from the left, already. Its just its not necessary imo for him to always come back to defend and focus more on attack. Learn when to calm down, as well to try and pick his moments. That could work a lot for him to find more spaces.

Bould14

FFS people on here. We truly live in the age of Messi. Alexis has faults I think at times his vision is poor, and he can very lose with the ball at times.

He has an unbelievable engine, and unlike Giroud he knows how to put the ball in the net. He's a natural scorer, and his hungry for goals. Shows actual desire to attack the space. He's the type of player you want until he's 30 because once he physically decline's he isn't going to offer much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom