• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | 29/12/13 | 1:30 PM

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This game was against a team that has been doing well this season, it was also a game where our top 2 players this season were injured, for that reason I have no complaints at all. 6 points from 2 away games in a busy festive period, I don't see how anyone can complain!

VAVAVOOM 14

Gibbs was getting exposed a bit in the 1st half but the back 4 was solid for the most part until Ben Arfa started running at Flamini.

Was expecting more from Wilshere, he really needs to start having more of an influence attacking-wise.

Tomas Rosicky was brilliant as he has been all season, just doesn't stop running or battling and some of his play to keep the ball was breathtaking. His composure was a big factor in us seeing out the result.

Would've loved to have seen Podolski but we got the win and he gets more rest, will definitely feature against Cardiff.

MASSIVE win! Especially when you consider Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, and United all dropped points to them.

Pop over to some other forums if you want a laugh, the clowns at Redcafe lost their minds over our victory. Apparently this was the luckiest win of the season. I guess they don't remember their last two games.

We've got everyone worried.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I kicked every ball in the last 10 with the brother. Thought Wenger invited it on with his subs but we deserved the 3 pts.

Love this club.

La Sagna

Established Member
fabo said:
I kicked every ball in the last 10 with the brother. Thought Wenger invited it on with his subs but we deserved the 3 pts.

Love this club.

Good seeing you so chirpy! But yeah, was excellent. Great to see the players in celebratory relief at the end

blaze_of_glory

Just watched the game. I have to say, watching it knowing we won and therefore stress-free made it very easy to appreciate the game we played. We totally dominated them at their own place other than the last 10 min or so when we went to a back 5, which may not have been the best idea.

The team looked incredibly solid even with Ramsey and Özil out. Though missing the cutting edge of those two, a midfield of Jack, Flamini and Rosicky is incredibly hard working and is caused Newcastle to turn the ball over constantly.

VAVAVOOM 14

ASAP Berg said:
Oh and Wilshere played better than people are giving him credit for. . his touch was quality at times.

It should be, thats never been a facet of the game he's struggled with.

law90026

Established Member
Defence was solid during the game, so that was good. But we leave way too much space behind the fullbacks, especially Gibbs, so lucky we weren't punished.

Midfield really wasn't clicking and, to me, Wilshere is the weak link right now. He needs to pick it up because right now he loses the ball too much when he drives at the other team and some of his passing isn't good enough. Santi had another blah game. Rosicky was energetic and direct.

Walcott didn't do very much for me outside of the freekick.

Giroud ... nice goal, horrendous miss, encapsulates who he is as a striker in the space of 10-15 minutes.

quattro

blaze_of_glory said:
Just watched the game. I have to say, watching it knowing we won and therefore stress-free made it very easy to appreciate the game we played.
THIS.

that was a very difficult game to watch live given what was at stake at the time.

DanielVale

Tight as a nuns gun. Not many sides have come away from St James' with all 3 points. Considering how good on form Newcastle are right now...this is probably the most important win of our season next to Liverpool.

MaestroCesc

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Tomas Rosicky was brilliant as he has been all season, just doesn't stop running or battling and some of his play to keep the ball was breathtaking. His composure was a big factor in us seeing out the result.
Rosicky's performance yesterday is being overhyped. He had a poor first half, didnt offer penetration or much in an attacking sense and you felt in the 2nd if we hadnt got that goal he would have been the first off.

But yes in the 2nd half he did improve and his energy and passion throughout were invaluable, the Jenkinson throw in chance was created by Rosicky's pressing. Still I dont think that means he should get MOTM over any of Mert/Bac/Kos which he did on arse.com

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Rosicky is always a gamble, his passion and tenacity lifts the team and he's capable of some magic. But he doesn't score goals, rarely assists and is prone to losing possession in dangerous areas. We miss his determination when he is not playing but if we can sign someone with that and the cutting edge we need in the final third then I really hope we do, shouldn't have another season without a new face in place of him. It's a shame is shooting his so bad these days...

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jasard said:
Rosicky is always a gamble, his passion and tenacity lifts the team and he's capable of some magic. But he doesn't score goals, rarely assists and is prone to losing possession in dangerous areas. We miss his determination when he is not playing but if we can sign someone with that and the cutting edge we need in the final third then I really hope we do, shouldn't have another season without a new face in place of him. It's a shame is shooting his so bad these days...

If you want a carbon copy, we should get Iniesta or younger Lampard then.

an AM that can tackle and press is not abundant

but Luckily we have Rambo :)

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom