• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | 29/12/13 | 1:30 PM

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
This game showed the difference in styles between having Rosicky or Özil at AM. With Özil we create more clear cut chances due to Özil's fabulous final ball, but we're more likely to concede due to not pressing further up the pitch. With Rosicky, we create less but only need one goal to see ou a victory due to the pressing game we play keeping teams at bay.

General

Established Member
Cazorla and Wilshere suffer from similar issues - clinging onto the ball for too long, over elaboration, blind alley runs, and lack precision in their passing. As a result, their final pass was a big let down and allowed Newcastle to continue to regroup. Cazorla in particular is way too jittery on the ball and he just needs to find the right balance between keeping things simple and forcing the issue. I think his ability to play with both feet is sometimes his undoing.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Newcastle did a decent job of keeping Cazorla quiet on the left. He was often cut off because of their intense pressing. Never gave up though but I'd still like to see him central when Özil doesn't play.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Cazorla is definitely a better performer in the middle, but he is displaying many of the same weaknesses that he did in his debut season. Difference is of course, that we are playing at a higher level now, and there are also other major contributors from midfield. His over-elaboration and occasional failure with the basics have always been a part of his game, but these flaws are now more evident.

Anzac

Established Member
I think both Cazorla and Wilshere work better getting on the ball early and then driving forward into the final 3rd, as opposed to playing with back to goal.

blaze_of_glory

Anzac said:
I think both Cazorla and Wilshere work better getting on the ball early and then driving forward into the final 3rd, as opposed to playing with back to goal.

I agree. I think Cazorla could easily play deeper in midfield.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
blaze_of_glory said:
Anzac said:

I agree. I think Cazorla could easily play deeper in midfield.

There is a difference between driving through midfield and wriggling away from players. Cazorla has very close control, but he won't drive from a deep position in midfield. He makes more space coming off the left and coming inside. It also means he is less likely to be picked up. A fully sharp fully fit Cazorla is better coming off the left hand side undetected. If played off the striker, he can be marked out of the game and he generally comes to the ball, where as Özil makes runs into wide positions.

I really don't get why people still think his best position is off the striker. It was pretty clear that he got marked out of the game there once teams were aware of him, so we had to shift him out wide.

Also, does the fact that he can't win any headers or even tackle not mean anything to you? I mean, Wilshere can at least compete. Cazorla in central midfield would be an absolute disaster defensively. We can just about manage with him on the left.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom