• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL : Portsmouth v Arsenal|Sat, May 2, 2009@1500

Anzac

Established Member
progman07 said:
Negative comments? Not at all, just realistic. The last 10 mins could have been spent better, but it's not my problem that Bischoff and the others didn't get closer to the first team. If they think passing sideways is fine, good for them, but against this Pompey we could have done more damage.

I think the movement & interplay up front was missing once Nik went off & AA teamed up with Vela - the widemen weren't working as well as AA had in the 1st half coming inside behind the strikers. As a result the ball was more often squared from the flanks to the CMs & Pompey sat deeper once they went 3 down.

M+D

Established Member
I thought Ramsey played well actually, kept the ball moving, didn't make too many mistakes, got stuck in and some of his passes were excellent - a solid performance on his first EPL start.

Shredder

21 games unbeaten now. It's just too bad 9 of those games were draws. That dreadful 0-0 stretch looms large...

On the up, we've averaged 3.1 goals per game in our last eight league games.

Nela

Established Member
Bendtner always looks so much better when he's playing with players like Vela, Eduardo and Arshavin. He forms an understanding with those players in a way that he doesn't with Ade and RvP for example.

I actually think Bendtner is a very intelligent player with a lot of vision. Once he sorts out his clumsiness and confidence, I think he'll be a great player.

ibby

Established Member
Professional win, nothing to shout about and nothing to whine about, pretty much expected against a **** Portsmouth team.

Now on to Tuesday...

Zico

Established Member
Nela said:
I actually think Bendtner is a very intelligent player with a lot of vision. Once he sorts out his clumsiness and confidence, I think he'll be a great player.

This is true. There is something wrong in his head. The kid is a fantastic passer and can set up an offense. I don't know why he disappears when we need him. Maybe he's scared Ade will beat him up if he makes a mistake

ibby

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Nela said:

This is true. There is something wrong in his head. The kid is a fantastic passer and can set up an offense. I don't know why he disappears when we need him. Maybe he's scared Ade will beat him up if he makes a mistake
Is it a coincidence that his best performances have been away from home? It's clearly a confidence issue.

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
ibby is that Adebayor in your avatar?

No. Massive Attack.

Anzac

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Nela said:

I think it's his 1st touch when he wants to keep the ball to himself with his back to goal that lets him down - when he lays it off or can move onto the ball he seems more assured.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Am I the only one who thinks Bendtner just isn't that amazing? Don't get me wrong, he's alright for his age, and could potentially be very good, but there's something missing - he's seems to have an incredible lack of agility that often results in him falling over, turning at the rate of an oil tanker, or simply misjudging easy balls. He seems to pull off the odd difficult ones though. I don't think confidence has ever been a problem for him. I want him to make it here, but I'd hope not at the expense of Vela, who I think can become dynamite if given enough chances. Heck, I hope they both make it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Big Poppa said:
Am I the only one who thinks Bendtner just isn't that amazing? Don't get me wrong, he's alright for his age, and could potentially be very good, but there's something missing - he's seems to have an incredible lack of agility that often results in him falling over, turning at the rate of an oil tanker, or simply misjudging easy balls. He seems to pull off the odd difficult ones though. I don't think confidence has ever been a problem for him. I want him to make it here, but I'd hope not at the expense of Vela, who I think can become dynamite if given enough chances. Heck, I hope they both make it.
He have a very weird dribbling style. It often results in him giving possesion away or running faster than the ball and falling over

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Big Poppa said:

I've always thought Bendtner is player that relies heavily on confidence. His movement is very good, in a way that if he was to score one goal in a game, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 2 more, because he gets in the right places.

If Bendtner had missed an open goal net 3 yards out in the 5th minute, I promise you, he would not have wanted to take that penalty, and he probably wouldn't have scored for the rest of the game either, I don't know if he believes in himself to always do it.

TomasCR

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Sums it up for me perfectly. I don´t think it´s a question of one making it at the expense of the other one as both of them are very different types of players and I believe Wenger will want to keep them both.

As for the question, you´re certainly not the only one, Bendtner is just not amazing. He is a good player with an unbelievable potential and if he can somewhen make the best of it, he´ll be an amazing player.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom