• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL : Portsmouth v Arsenal|Sat, May 2, 2009@1500

Zico

Established Member
We know what Bendtner is, and he's good at it. Show me another team that can point to striker who is designated 4th in the hierarchy and still has 12 goals this season. He has played his role perfectly. For now, I don't expect him to be the 2nd coming of Bergkamp, but he is one of the few squad players who has done his job this season.

Kraig

Established Member
quincy42 said:
We know what Bendtner is, and he's good at it. Show me another team that can point to striker who is designated 4th in the hierarchy and still has 12 goals this season. He has played his role perfectly. For now, I don't expect him to be the 2nd coming of Bergkamp, but he is one of the few squad players who has done his job this season.

agreed! nicky has been given FAR too much stick for what his job role requires of him. i think he'll move on another level again next season.

TomasCR

Established Member
I think that Quincy´s just made a very important point that can´t be overlooked. Bendtner, as a first choice striker to play with, isn´t amazing but as a 4th choice striker, he´s truly amazing. You´ll struggle to find such a forward in his role, of course.

I don´t think I could be more happy for what he has done this season.

McIntyre

Established Member
TomasCR said:
I don´t think I could be more happy for what he has done this season.

He could've scored that header against United, then you would've been more happy. :wink:

progman07

Established Member
Kraig said:
walcott was very very poor today
His decision-making and his crosses sucked, true.

Still, I think he has improved a lot on his touch, and close control. Sometimes I couldn't believe he beat defenders at so tight spaces. He needs a year next to Arshavin to perfect his crosses and decision-making, and then he'll be a brilliant winger. Now it's flashes of quality here and there, otherwise he lacks consistency.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Very fair assessment.

I like Nick and I think he's gifted with excellent vision. Unfortunately it doesn't help him much right now since he's acting very slowly. Any advantage gained by spotting runs or passing spaces early disapperars because he doesn't put the ball there until it's too late. Maybe he just needs to mature a bit.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I guess so. They've had a thorn in the side towards Arsenal getting penalties ever since Pires made a gracious dive in 04 to keep our unbeaten run intact.

IBL

Established Member
I only just got Vela's celebration after remembering his nationality :lol:

Arshavin was getting booed because the pompey crowd thought he dived for the penalty, if they had the benefit of a replay they might have saw him point to the corner spot and wag his finger at the ref.

Good result, Arshavin just makes all Arsenal league games watchabale these days. The more I see him the more I'm impressed, he has almost everything in his locker

General

Established Member
Unbelievable. Second on match of the day but Mark Lawrenson had to go and ruin the viewing with his usual xenophobic comments - "Load of foreign lads on the bench". Well guess what - we had 2 English men on the bench, more than United and Chelsea combined.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
quincy42 said:
14 goals, actually....

MDGoonah41

Established Member
General said:
Unbelievable. Second on match of the day but Mark Lawrenson had to go and ruin the viewing with his usual xenophobic comments - "Load of foreign lads on the bench". Well guess what - we had 2 English men on the bench, more than United and Chelsea combined.

I dislike him 10x more than Hansen

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
General said:
Even though Lawro was born in England, I wonder if he'd have said the same if, for some reason, our bench was all-Irish? Did he say it in an insulting manner? The irony you point out says it all really.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom