• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Reading Vs Arsenal - 17/12/12 20:00PM SS1

spartandre217

Established Member
jones said:
spartandre217 said:
USArsenal said:
how the f*ck are we 2 points out of 3rd place?

Everyone else bar the Manchester clubs are rubbish?

Well, it's hardly like those two are world class.. City dropped out of CL with the worst record of an English side ever, and Manure are being bailed out by refs as usual.

Refs and Robin.

jerome2158

Established Member
USArsenal said:

every time I read something relatively negative about the club I think "we certainly are ****. It's the year to end all years for AFC!"

Then I look at the table and can't help but just say..."oh...not bad"

Dwangoon

USArsenal said:

Because everytime Arsenal slips, Tottenham slips too that's how we stayed closed behind them. Last season they had a huge lead but was gobbled up by RVP's hot form and their slip ups.

Anyway, if Arsenal are comparing with the likes of Tottenham now then clearly we are not title contenders anymore.

Manchester clubs and Chelsea are leaders. The thought of these clubs having a poor run is rare, and sometimes they do drop points too and some negativity, but look at them, they're still firmly ahead.

Manchester City & Chelsea revenue and fanbase are rising very fast... very soon Arsenal will be behind them not only in the tables. Chelsea already selling more jersey and starting to record profits. Man City losses are greatly reduced compared to last year, and with an increased revenue.

Remember these clubs need to build up from almost scratch with regards to squad and reputation, so Arsenal wasting ourselves can only be blamed on lack of passionate and committed board/management. We're already losing ground fast, it won't take long at this rate.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Santi header ? Gibbs cross? at first I don't know who is this Arsenal playing

then the defense **** up woke me up

Per, I like you a lot, but I hold you responsible for both

jinjin5000

I dont particularly think walcott was all that great. He was invisible and I reckon szczesny got more ball than he did. Other than that 1v1 miss and that goal, he didn't do much

perspolis

Rain Dance said:

Gibbs definitely responsible for the first one... and so was TV. He didn't track the player and instead went for an interception he could've never won.

His judgement calls have been extremely poor this season. It's really worrying. We play like this against Barca, Bayern, Dortmund etc they'll rip us into pieces!!

Anyway... not sure why you think Per was responsible. Specially for the first goal.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
perspolis said:
Rain Dance said:

Gibbs definitely responsible for the first one... and so was TV. He didn't track the player and instead went for an interception he could've never won.

His judgement calls have been extremely poor this season. It's really worrying. We play like this against Barca, Bayern, Dortmund etc they'll rip us into pieces!!

Anyway... not sure why you think Per was responsible. Specially for the first goal.

Because I held him in the highest regards to organize our defense,
individually Gibbs is the culprit making a terrible pass, however Per as the defense leader should not be ball watching.

and for the second, again individually it was someone on the far side that played Kebe onside. and TV for not able to stop the passer.

Basically, I held him responsible cause I expect him as the highest commander at our defense and should have organize his mob better.

(In other word I don't trust TV and Gibbs and already counted they'll make an error)

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It was Cazorla who played the Reading player onside for their 2nd goal. He rushed behind the defensive line chasing "his" man and thus ****ed up the offside trap.

jerome2158

Established Member
brilliant run by the reading player on the right side. While I highly doubt it was intentional he was able to drag the player in question back behind the line and play kebe onside.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
well, I'll just put it as "someone".

PS: look at TV jogging along when Kebe put through,
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-jimmy-kebe-makes-it-4-2/
iUxLDDL43wfQW.gif

blrgooner

Established Member
perspolis said:
Rain Dance said:

I thought Gibbs was responsible for both goals. For the first goal we were a bit unfortunate with Wilshere slipping also. But I can`t see how Per can be blamed for that. The pass from Gibbs caused that goal IMO.
In case of the second goal, Gibbs was playing their striker onside when all the others were maintaining a good line.
edit: Sorry I guess that was Cazorla playing him onside.

Airknight

Established Member
Of course Per shares some fault on second goal, he ended up ball watching and Sagna had an extra man to take care of, but in the end Poldi

The way Robson Kanu dragged our entire midfield was a good advert of how despite everyone moving quicker and more accurate, there are still things to fix.

Dwangoon

Today is the team a regular fan would have picked and Wenger should have picked if he were less stubborn.

Something good about Ferguson is he plays the right players in the right positions. And he also tries to find the right player from the market.

Ramsey and Gervinho on the bench, is almost every fan's wish. Quite a handful will want them out too. I'll keep only Ramsey though.
Podolski moving inside to get shots, yes.
Walcott getting a more central role, while also flanking at times.
AOC ahead of Gervinho or Ramsey(@ winger wtf) every single day.
Gibbs & Podolski along the same side, I know Gibbs was injured but that worked before he was. He's also a bit too unreliable with the injuries.
Back 4 is okay, Kos/Per/Verm is a split.

More solid through the middle is needed, and more quality depth, imagine if anyone of the players today is injured or tired. Some are quite prone. And Arsenal don't only have EPL to play, unless that's what the board thinks.

This is only Reading btw, we're 5th now, but 2 other clubs with same points. We can't always wish Sp**s to slip so that we could stay close to them. Should we lost a top 4 spots, the players we'll attract will be even worse, and of course we're bound to lose players.

Still get the feeling Walcott & Sagna going in 2013. :x

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Bar the conceded goals I'm quite happy with the result. Our first half performance was amongst the best I've seen us this season, but that's no big achievement, given the dross the team came up with, so far.

Hopefully we can push on and start that winning run we really need, before the horrible January fixtures come up to haunt us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Dwangoon said:
USArsenal said:
Manchester clubs and Chelsea are leaders.

Don't see how Chelsea is anymore of a leader than us, their club is struck with a mix of players that are passed it (Lampard, Cole, Terry, Torres) with players that are very young and not able to perform consistently (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, etc). And they have been struggling to show any consistency in their results, not that different from us and Sp**s. The instability concerning their manager is only going to screw them up even more. Even if they end up above us this season I seriously doubt they'll be anywhere close to earning the top spot.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Before the Arsenal game I watched a short documentary on Ian Wright. It's ironic that Walcott then started up top, because as much as Walcott loved Thierry Henry, he is much closer to Ian Wright in terms of game play. I wasn't sure how he was going to play as a loan striker, so I was sceptical, but my word is he brilliant.

He gives you absolutely everything Arsenal need as a centre forward. I didn't believe he would actually play the way he did. I didn't believe Wenger would allow him to either, but he is unbelievably effective.

The thing about Ian Wright was that he was a complete handful for the defence. He never stopped moving. Constantly made runs, but the key factor is that he made runs in behind, he had no interest in going towards to ball. After 10 minutes I think Theo had touched the ball once? That is exactly what we needed. He had no intention of dropping off the centre backs to receive the ball. He had no intention of coming into our half to pick the ball up and caress it. He constantly made runs in the opposite direction. He made runs off both full backs, both centre halves, always on the last shoulder looking for that ball over the top, or ball in between the fullback and centre half. His movement, coupled with his pace, creates space for our mid-fielders to move forward.

Granted, Reading were poor defensively and committed too many men forward, but Gary Neville pre match was excited about this Arsenal line up. Mainly because it had pace. Chamberlain has to start every week, he has too many attributes and needs to develop them. You can see the chemistry that the young English players have between them and the chemistry between Cazorla, Podolski and Arteta. I think Walcott deserves another start up front, especially against Wigan as they play football.

It's amazing how one play wanting to run away from the ball creates space for the entire team and strikes fear in the centre halves. The only negative I could see in that game, is that we still lack a physical presence to play along side Wilshere. He has having to do far too much tackling and defensive work. He needs a physical powerhouse to share the responsibility, but also someone who is more confident on the ball than Arteta.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
17 attempts on target. Reading are rubbish, but it makes a massive difference when you play fluid, dynamic players in attack. I was a little perturbed though by Wenger's substitions at the end of the game. I thought this game might make him completely give up on the idea of Ramsey on the wing.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom