• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Sat 26th Dec | 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlitch

Where did you get the idea that only the best teams should win the titles? If that were the case, the title would be awarded after the summer transfer window. lol

A lot of luck, grit, tactical nous, talent management, experience, heart and perseverance is involved.
I did not have that idea, no sir. Here is a written backhand for insinuating that i do, WHAP!
Really though, manunited has had a poorest title winning squad ever.

Jerome_Gooner

We have some fluke fans that i really can't stand them, after City game they were 100% sure we gonna win the title after the southampton game they gave up and want wenger out.

I mean seriously this is football you won't win every game.

This exactly. Insane kneejerk last night and this morning in this forum.

Pitch and ref were ****, we were tired AND ****, we lost. Very disappointing but great week (much better than a loss to city and a win vs Soton for the exact same point tally).

We're in a perfect position for a team of 13-14 players not being able to rest or rotate

vjeko-3008

Well, we should look on the bright side (if there is one considering we got our ***es kicked) and that is that this loss was probably part of a deal to get Wanyama from Saints :lol:

Regardless, still gutted with performances - as if they came to play friendly for some club's centennial anniversary

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Well, we should look on the bright side (if there is one considering we got our ***es kicked) and that is that this loss was probably part of a deal to get Wanyama from Saints :lol:

Regardless, still gutted with performances - as if they came to play friendly for some club's centennial anniversary
A big physical dominating player in CM proved too much for us once again. Although I know their team snuffed us out as a whole, Wanyama once again turns into ****ing beast mode. Wish we had someone of his size and strength to help us out in games like this.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still don't understand how that trip was missed by the ref, linesman and fourth official. Even if it's deemed accidental you would ussally see a foul given.

Mastadon

Established Member
You can't beat e.g. Leicester away, Bayern, ManUre and Man City at home, and then lose to ****ing WBA or get humiliated by bloody Southampton.

It's the mentality that kills us, not the injuries or a lack of overall quality.

Why not? Whoever wins the league this season will have beaten big teams and lost to small teams. It's hardly something exclusive to us look at our rivals results.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Two 'bounce backs' on one page..

giphy.gif

Oh well by all means write "f**k off Giroud" 5 times, maybe moan about the summer window a bit and even chuck out a few "bottlers" because that's just as original and no-ones tired of seeing it at all.

It's a football match ffs, chill out. Go listen to some Fetty Wap or have a crank or something...

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Oh well by all means write "f**k off Giroud" 5 times, maybe moan about the summer window a bit and even chuck out a few "bottlers" because that's just as original and no-ones tired of seeing it at all.

It's a football match ffs, chill out. Go listen to some Fetty Wap or have a crank or something...
:lol::lol:

I'm the one that needs to chill out?

And bounce back is the most unoriginal phrase in the world, if we're talking about who's more original here. You obviously have no idea this forum has been laughing at the players for months for saying 'we will bounce back'. We're fed up of the bouncing.

Don't take it so damn personal man, it's a joke.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Why not? Whoever wins the league this season will have beaten big teams and lost to small teams. It's hardly something exclusive to us look at our rivals results.
I suppose Leicester did lose to Liverpool lol

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I don't know how often I stressed the importance of the game vs Southampton last week, especially after the result against City, and then the team comes up with that.

I still can't believe what happened yesterday, it's downright ridiculous for a side who feels they can win the League this season.......I must agree with @fabo , if you look at this side to claim that it has what it takes to win the League, "something" is just missing.

It's a recurring theme, it really seems like wenger sides have a genuine glass ceiling. Every season for the past 10 seasons. You'd have to have really strong selective memory to not see the same patterns this season. Starting from a risky transfer window gamble, to injuries , to rotation , to set piece weakness ,to bottling games like this one.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We got suckered into Southampton's game plan last night - Wenger once again outfoxed by Koeman. In hindsight, we should have played some ropa-dope style keeping it tight and not giving them room to run into behind.

It was a passive, ineffectual display against a team that had a clear game plan - there was only one way that we were going to get back into that game & that was up the tempo on the passing & the tackling. Neither happened until we were 3-0 down.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We got suckered into Southampton's game plan last night - Wenger once again outfoxed by Koeman. In hindsight, we should have played some ropa-dope style keeping it tight and not giving them room to run into behind.

It was a passive, ineffectual display against a team that had a clear game plan - there was only one way that we were going to get back into that game & that was up the tempo on the passing & the tackling. Neither happened until we were 3-0 down.
i think it was going all according to plan until they scored a world class goal out from nothing. at that stage we will have to be open and attack them and that mean they will counter attack us.

eye4goal

Established Member
Finally we see how Kosceilny's tendency to come out and bail our midfield can prove costly as he was caught ahead of the ball for at least two goals. The results over the past couple of matches masked our soft underbelly and championship winning teams simply don't lose these type of games 4-0. I'm yet to be convinced we are anything other than a top 3/4 team.

Yeah I don't like how we're over compensating just to give Ramsey the freedom to play in the final 3rd. Koscielny pushing up was found out against City too but KDB and Navas messed up. Its hard to see us being consistent in this league with Ramsey at CM in this formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom