• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Swansea City vs. Arsenal | Sat 31st Oct 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Matches like Swansea (a) are the kind of matches that decide whether you're going to be challenging for the Premier League. Even though their recent form is poor, they have some good players and are very tough to beat at home. Everton's form before they faced us was poor (who the **** loses 3-0 to Manure.. at home..) but that didn't show last weekend.

We took 0 points from them last year. Zero. Getting three at their place would be a big statement.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Swansea has been tumbling through games ever since their quick good start, we're facing them at a pretty nice time! They only just won against Aston Villa, who are at the bottom of the league so we really need to take our chance at them now while they are still licking their wounds.

This is not an image I'll be wanting to see...
150830134746-gomis-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited:

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
I have been to Swansea twice when we played them and we lost both times there 3-2 and 2-1 . Its a really hard place to go for us and I am not confident at all.

I'd be happy with a draw.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Before last year we had gone to Wales and beaten them there the last two seasons - we should have won last year but for some terrible immaturity by the team to close out the game.

blaze_of_glory

We should beat everyone in this league really. I think we'll sort it. Tough road games are our specialty. Swansea were an outlier last season, time to correct it.

AbouDiabyMilitia

Swansea Away last season was during a period where we still hadn't really found our stride.

Swansea at Home last season, we dominated all game but couldn't finish for the life of us. A Swansea counter attack seemed inevitable. I also think I remember Ospina having a really poor save against that Gomis header.

We're gonna beat Swansea this time around my dudes. **** yesterday's game, we don't really let bad form affect us too much. We have a decent record of bouncing back as of late. I mean, hell, we lost ****ing 2-3 to Olympiacos at home and beat Man U 3-0 the following game.

We got this.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Swansea will be up for this one. If we pull off a win here it'd be a great result. I can see us dropping points here though.

The injuries to Rambo, Chambo, Theo & ALL the rest will make this a very tough one indeed.

The Swans haven't been in the best of form recently but when teams like Arsenal turn up, the opposition is always extra-motivated.

Had we had a full compliment of players to choose from I'd still be worrying over this one-with us having a full 11 in the sick bay now, I'm not confident at all.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Flamini Coq
Özil
Cazorla Giroud Alexis

Unsure about Flamini but only way I can see Campbell staying out, overrated on here.

Drebin

How did Campbell and Iwobi play yesterday? Who was the better one?

I really don't want to see Cazorla on the wing but I guess we will have no option.

Balance is key

How did Campbell and Iwobi play yesterday? Who was the better one?

I really don't want to see Cazorla on the wing but I guess we will have no option.

Sure we do

_ozil----Cazorla---Sanchez
-----------Giroud

Bellerin---Özil---Sanchez
---------Giroud

both options better than Cazorla out wide imo - Campbell should, based on last night, be send on a permanent loan to anywhere else.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We hardly ever beat these ****s, game raising nobheads they are, look at their results after they beat United. They play out of their skin against the best, wankers.

If Ox and Theo are out of this:

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Campbell Özil Alexis
Giroud
Can't move Cazorla and Özil around with how they're playing, Campbell needs to get his act together.

pikey2000

I'd say we keep our best players in their best positions and plug the gaps rather than playing best players out of position where they are less effective ie the old square pegs round holes syndrome

We have effectively only got a problem at RW so I'd keep the team same as normal except move Sanchez to RW, Gibbs in at LW. Gibbs can do a job LW and at the very least help keep things tight and Sanchez can play almost any of the front 4 positions and still be effective.

-------------Cech--------------
Bellerin-Gab---Kos-Monreal
---------Santi--Coquelin------
Sanchez------Özil------Gibbs
-------------Giroud------------

At this stage I would rather field the player that is the most tried and tested at this level in Gibbs rather than Campbell/Iwobi who are yet to prove consistent.

On Gnabry - bring him back off loan, Barkley wasn't doing much on his loans before he came back and exploded at Everton, same could be said of Coquelin, some players just cant get motivated on loan.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I really hope we don't see naivety as in the game last season

We were in a lead and were still in gung-ho mode going forward with 8 outfield players in opposition half.
caught_swansea.jpg

Swansea Away last season was during a period where we still hadn't really found our stride.
Swansea at Home last season, we dominated all game but couldn't finish for the life of us. A Swansea counter attack seemed inevitable. I also think I remember Ospina having a really poor save against that Gomis header.

It was Szczesney, who was shocking on Siggurdson's free-kick. How can you call yourself a keeper when you concede a goal which is curled (not shot like a rocket) from 30 metres.
Nacho was playing CB. He couldn't get anywhere near Gomis whose first touch of game was that headed goal.

But compared to the game of last season, many things have changed since then and all are upgrades.

Instead of Szczesney, now we have Cech; instead of Flamini shouting and doing **** all we now have Le Coq; Chambers at RB who was turned inside out by Montero is now replaced by equally pacy Bellerin; Monreal was at CB, now we'll have our standard CB's: Koscielny or Gabriel.
More importantly, Özil and Giroud were both out due to injuries, now both are available and in great form.

Their threats come from Ayew and Montero, but I have confidence we will win this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gnabry only has himself to blame, looks overweight and decided to have a long holiday in the summer despite hardly getting on the pitch at the u21 tournament, Chambers was back two weeks earlier.

pikey2000

Gnabry only has himself to blame, looks overweight and decided to have a long holiday in the summer despite hardly getting on the pitch at the u21 tournament, Chambers was back two weeks earlier.

Not to go to far off topic, but whilst that may be true there is literally no purpose for him to be on loan if Pulis isn't going to play him, unless Pulis is publically criticising him in an effort to get him to raise his game as he knows there is a player in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom