• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Swansea vs Arsenal | 28/09/13 | 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
silent_shadow said:
Over the last few years if we had the chance to capitalize on our rivals dropping points, we probably would've dropped points ourselves under the added pressure.
I really like this current team.

Agree if you remember 10/11 season when we had a very good team but their Mental Strength was so s**te every time Manure Chelsea dropped points at that season we dropped points also and in our stadium like losing against Newcastle and Westbrom at emirates.

the Current team are fighters and play like a unit.

MaestroCesc

THunter said:
My only grip with Szczesny at the minute is that he doesn't slow the game down as much as he should do when we're winning. A couple of times yesterday in the last ten minutes he gifted the ball back to Swansea by throwing it out as soon as he got hold of it instead of keeping hold of the ball. He's improved massively on crosses though.
Disagree, it was intelligent play. Quickly throwing it out so we can retain possession which will be unpressured for the first couple of seconds as Swansea arent organised is a better play and will waste more time then holding it for 8 secs and booting it back to them.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

MaestroCesc said:
THunter said:
My only grip with Szczesny at the minute is that he doesn't slow the game down as much as he should do when we're winning. A couple of times yesterday in the last ten minutes he gifted the ball back to Swansea by throwing it out as soon as he got hold of it instead of keeping hold of the ball. He's improved massively on crosses though.
Disagree, it was intelligent play. Quickly throwing it out so we can retain possession which will be unpressured for the first couple of seconds as Swansea arent organised is a better play and will waste more time then holding it for 8 secs and booting it back to them.
It's good if it's to the right player in space, but I remember he threw it to Giroud when he was marked on the left hand side and he ended up losing it straight away.

I've been impressed with his handling recently though as I said, he looks a lot more dominant.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
fabo said:
And have to mention Szczesny who I thought was very good yesterday. Had his usual heart in mouth moment when Ramsey overhit the backpass but he relieved so much pressure by claiming almost every cross/set-piece. That's a huge part of being a top keeper in England.

Mentioned this earlier, he was very good.

eye4goal

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
The football we have seen either side of the Fabregas-era is identical. The early Wenger sides that won so many trophies performed the very same strategy that we have seen a return of since Cesc went back to Barcelona. Creating chances via short 5 minute spells of devastating attacks sandwiched between long passages of sitting back and soaking pressure. That's exactly what used to happen at Highbury.

I think this team could be more of a mix between pre and post Cesc. I agree about the short spells, it happened alot last season especially with Podolski, Theo and Giroud as a front-three. The Invincibles did it from the word go and against anyone but its more likely to happen just before half-time or in the second half when the opponents are vulnerable nowadays. Its just a shame we missed out on Suarez who would've given us the edge we lack against the top teams. I hope we can find someone similar even if inferior in January. Lavezzi maybe or Draxler

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Surprised not many (if anyone) has mentioned the quality of Jacks performance. I feel he's getting better and better, I reckon he thinks so too. His dribbling and close control is just exceptional, oozes class. Other than his dodgy back-pass to Bony yesterday he didn't put a foot wrong.

Plus his endeavour made Rambo's goal possible. He never shies away from 50-50's, always plays with his heart on his sleeve. Arsène said it best when he described him as a player with Spanish technique, but an English heart. My favourite Arsenal player by a mile. (That's obviously no slight to anyone else).

eye4goal

Established Member
Gibbs was brilliant I thought. I feel he plays within himself at times maybe for the fear of getting injured. He is finding that balance between when to defend and when to attack very well right now

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Poor performance but great result. The game hinged on 2 moments of real quality, and Swansea couldn't respond. We'll need to step it up against better teams. Ramsey 's goals are carrying the team at the moment, but hopefully that will change when we get some of our injured players back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big Poppa said:
Poor performance but great result. The game hinged on 2 moments of real quality, and Swansea couldn't respond. We'll need to step it up against better teams. Ramsey 's goals are carrying the team at the moment, but hopefully that will change when we get some of our injured players back.

i thought our performance at 2nd half was very good for 30 minutes, i agree about 1st half performance was piss poor from us but we could be 1-0 up if Giroud scored in last minute of 1st half. the lack of wingers is killing us at the moment we can't create many chances.

Caz19

yousif_arsenal said:
Big Poppa said:

i thought our performance at 2nd half was very good for 30 minutes, i agree about 1st half performance was piss poor from us but we could be 1-0 up if Giroud scored in last minute of 1st half. the lack of wingers is killing us at the moment we can't create many chances.

Yes I agree. But at least the bright side is that we only have no wingers for 2 more games. After that we have Cazorla,Walcott and Podolski back.

Personally, now that we have Rosicky back from injury I would play Özil on the wing. He's played there many times for Real and I think he can definitely fill in there. Obviously he's not as good there as he is in the middle, but he still does a decent job there usually. He's got a decent amount of pace,strength and he's a fantastic crosser, so I think it would be beneficial to play him on the wing for the next 2 games until our players are back from injury.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Just because we didn't dominate possession doesn't mean it was a bad performance. Swansea created nothing and their only goal came from an outrageously good flick by Bony that he wouldn't be able to pull off 99 times out of a 100.

That 20-25 minute spell in the second half had some of the most beautiful football you'll see this season. The one touch passing between Ramsey, Özil, Wilshere and Giroud was a joy, and I haven't seen us do it that well since 07/08.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny vs Swansea
<a class="postlink" href="https://vimeo.com/75693875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vimeo.com/75693875</a>

squallkid

Established Member
I think we controlled the game and did exactly what we needed to do.

It seems like some Arsenal fans (not anyone on here) and pundits just love to criticize us.

Its like they want us to win every game 3-0 with a goal from our striker, someone from midfield and a winger with a flawless performance from all the other players, no corners or free kicks conceded and no efforts off target.

Whereas if United/Chelsea don't play to their best and grind out a win or snatch a late winner at the death its hailed as the "Stuff of champions" or their "never say die attitude" (forgetting the fact that one season we scored more late winners than any other team in the league).

For me the result is a lot more important than the performance. I've seen us be the better side too many times and come out on the losing side. I'm loving the fact that we can only turn up at 65% of our abilities and beat Swansea away.

Its the sort of stuff that Man Utd have won countless titles on

I know its not a popular opinion but I would love it if we went to the bigger teams and played a compact- counter attacking game instead of our usual possession based style which ends up in us being counter attacked.

I think we had a good game yesterday and did what we needed to do.

yuvken

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
yuvken said:
I have a better suggestion: stop talking s***. And yes, not on the level I want an Arsenal player to be does mean not good enough for Arsenal. Sorry if I'm missing some shade of quality in you palette there (as I'm Mr. lacking in comprehension skills).
whenever someone says not good enough for Arsenal, just remind yourself that they said the same about Ramsey
Gibbs is behind Baines and Cole right now but he fits perfectly in our system and has been solid this season, I love Gibbs and I'm ecstatic he's injury free right now
I think you know well that I don't need to be reminded what people were saying about Ramsey, right? and if Mr. falcon feels a need to prove Gibbs is sh1t, and that he has the stats to prove it, he can do so, by all means. It's a free world, and a rather liberal forum. Hell, it's a forum so liberal it is willing to take obtuse people like you, and some handicapped intellectually, lacking comprehension skills (that's dumb f*cks, if you are also as stupid as I am) like myself. But yeah, Gibbs is not up to standard, no doubt.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs vs Swansea
<a class="postlink" href="https://vimeo.com/75693876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vimeo.com/75693876</a>
I was waiting for someone to upload this one

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
jmsmtthw28 said:
yuvken said:
I have a better suggestion: stop talking s***. And yes, not on the level I want an Arsenal player to be does mean not good enough for Arsenal. Sorry if I'm missing some shade of quality in you palette there (as I'm Mr. lacking in comprehension skills).
whenever someone says not good enough for Arsenal, just remind yourself that they said the same about Ramsey
Gibbs is behind Baines and Cole right now but he fits perfectly in our system and has been solid this season, I love Gibbs and I'm ecstatic he's injury free right now

I never said it about Ramsey, but I've said it plenty about other players. I don't think this sort of catch all argument proves anything.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
DJ_Markstar said:
I never said it about Ramsey, but I've said it plenty about other players. I don't think this sort of catch all argument proves anything.
its not suppose to prove anything and this wasn't meant for you

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
jmsmtthw28 said:
DJ_Markstar said:
its not suppose to prove anything and this wasn't meant for you

Then what's the point of the post? And he obviously knew it wasn't meant for him, he just brought some rare logic to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom