• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Swansea vs Arsenal | 28/09/13 | 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

future heroes said:
Wryer said:
Can anyone refresh us when was the last time an arsenal player
winning player of the month plus wenger getting the
Manager of the month?
What did we achieve at the end of that season?
Fabregas and Wenger in September 2007.

Otherwise, an Arsenal player winning player of the month plus Wenger getting the manager of the month bodes well:

March 1998: Manninger + Wenger
April 1998: Petit + Wenger
1997-98: The double

April 2002: Ljungberg + Wenger
2001-02: The double

September 2002: Henry + Wenger
February 2003: Pires + Wenger
2002-03: FA cup winners

February 2004: Bergkamp/Edu + Wenger
2003-04: The Incvincibles

August 2004: Reyes + Wenger
2004-05: FA cup winners
:shock:

Wow I asked that in random and I thought it might be telling. But I didn't expect it to be THAT telling.

Looking good definitely. Hopefully Rambo gets it ahead of yaya you're. The boy thoroughly deserves it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
jmsmtthw28 said:
DJ_Markstar said:
I never said it about Ramsey, but I've said it plenty about other players. I don't think this sort of catch all argument proves anything.
its not suppose to prove anything and this wasn't meant for you

So why post it? It was an obvious indirect to those who slated Rambo who's now playing out of his skin. Mark's right this sort of argument is unnecessary, fans slate when a player plays poorly, and praise when a player is playing well.

yuvken

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Wait, isn't yuvken the guy that sat on the fence waiting for Ramsey to improve before making a judgement?
I really had enough of you, and I let the Kos comment slide (only AntG on this forum could claim support for Kos as early as I did, but whatever). But this one really is something I had to let some of the older people see.
Don't you know we actually keep the old threads, and anyone who wants to look at them can do that?

Leave it be, silly boy. I was gentle with you so far, and you are making a fool of yourself. Btw, did you care to look at that little Gibbs vid? We all get funny impressions in games, sometimes I do too, of course. But do as you preach: no need to blow all the trumpets. Just let it go. No harm done.

yuvken

Established Member
I surely wouldn't want you banned. We really could do with people with supreme intellect, and impeccable integrity as yourself. But stuff like "I'm guessing you're in the Hitler style" normally does draw mods attention. Well, I guess you'll be getting what you wish for. Good luck to you.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
:lol: wtf is going on with this forum today? just leave the forum for a few days and come back, no need to ask for a banning! First MD and now LoneFalcon.. chill the **** out guys :lol:

trunks206

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Can a mod IP ban me? Tired of this place, Nuts going was the start. Cheers.

Come on man its not that serious. We are all here for discussion and debate...both you guys drop it and keep it moving.

Remember WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!! It a good day to be a Gooner.

Mastadon

Established Member
Who is 'Nuts' falcon is referring to? Can't possibly be the same guy from the lobby who could start a fight in an empty room.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
jmsmtthw28 said:
DJ_Markstar said:
I never said it about Ramsey, but I've said it plenty about other players. I don't think this sort of catch all argument proves anything.
its not suppose to prove anything and this wasn't meant for you

Doesn't really matter who it is meant for, it matters that the statement is incorrect.

Flow

We're actually looking quite a team fro the first time in a few years now and now everyone is looking for a ban??

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yuvken said:
(only AntG on this forum could claim support for Kos as early as I did, but whatever).

What does this actually mean?

Doesn't make me Nostradamus or anything, but I said Kos looked to have the potential to make a top class CB after seeing him play twice. And my support for him has never wavered for a second FWIW. I'm sure there are fair few others too!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Flow said:
We're actually looking quite a team fro the first time in a few years now and now everyone is looking for a ban??

Mind boggling isn't it, guess most posters around here just don't know how to handle the team doing well.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yup, Kos was a big fave amongst most of my gooner mates (mainly 32 inch, if you guys remember him) and I was persuaded early.

Anyway, we beat Swansea...wooooooooo :bounce :bounce

Top of the league etc. shouldn't you bros be starting fights on, I dunno, a Sp**s forum? :lol: might do that myself, actually :wink:

silent_shadow

Established Member
My mate cudi was the first to love Kos tbh. He was a big fave in the lobby at least back in the day. You got oddballs like Abs and CKD who hated him, but they were the exceptions.

Oh yeah, Swansea away. Tough fixture. I can see a few big sides slipping up there this season. Glad we got it out of the way fairly early too

eye4goal

Established Member
jones said:
Flow said:

Mind boggling isn't it, guess most posters around here just don't know how to handle the team doing well.

You see it on Twitter too, with people re-visiting their past opinions of certain players(Ramsey and Kosceilny most common)now that we're doing well, and subsequently getting into arguments

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Forgot CKD even existed. :lol: SS bringing back all the old memories. Disappointed Schemes didn't get a mention though. :(

As for this game, I'm delighted we won. Truth be told, I had this down as a game where we could potentially slip-up. Gnarby looked good and shut me up for mentioning Akpom as someone that should start on the right. We were a bit split positionally in the first half with large gaps between the CF and the CBs, but that got sorted out to an extent in the second half. That's 8 away wins in a row in the league IIRC.

Anzac

Established Member
Most of our players have quality & ability,
and IMO the capability to look either brilliant or rubbish is very dependant on their position & role, and the team patterns - square pegs etc.
All of Kos, BFG & Rambo have 'improved' as a direct result of playing a role & patterns that better suits them. TV may even look to 'improve' in a deeper line with Flamini as CM as he is unlikely to 'need' to over commit to win the ball in the first instance, and then BFG as cover will not be exposed for his lack of acceleration or pace by being deeper & better able to read the play.
Bottom line it's not just about the player but as much about how they are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom