• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - West Ham United v Arsenal - Sun 25 Oct 09 16:15

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Alright guys, clearly that last minute conceded goal has disappointed us all and was a slap in the face for the perhaps pedestrian pace we had played to in the game against AZ.

This our first of two back-to-back London derbies and we must get a positive result to take into the NLD.

Discuss.

graham_ka

Established Member
We should win if Rosicky starts, we are so much more mature, seasoned and professional when he is on the pitch, it is unreal.

Invincible

Established Member
This will be a tough game and West Ham will play physically, we have to match them for fight otherwise I can see us slipping here.

Lord Dula

Established Member
graham_ka said:
We should win if Rosicky starts, we are so much more mature, seasoned and professional when he is on the pitch, it is unreal.

its true - think adding a dash of nasri would help too

hope we reinstate almunia - mannones distribution is dire

dbig

It's Hammer time! Hopefully, we'll be the ones wielding the hammer, and smashing them to bits.

xcdude24

Established Member
Maybe this is knee-jerk, but I think this game will be a huge test for this team's mentality. Maybe it's because i'm overly-cynical, but i'm worried today's result could cause a drop in morale. If we're going to win anything this season, it's absolutely crucial we pick ourselves up and take care of business.

To me, the way we respond on sunday will define the tone for the rest of the season. It's inevitable that we drop points, but draws are merely blips for winning teams.

progman07

Established Member
Hopefully Rosicky will be back, because him instead of Eboue means a lot, he can combine a lot better with Cesc, Arshavin and RvP.

McIntyre

Established Member
graham_ka said:

Agreed. It's like United having Giggs on the pitch rather than Nani. One is all potential, fancy tricks and a bit of pace, the other is just a great footballer with passing, vision, composure, intelligence etc. Often the difference is marked.

Double_H

Established Member
Big match in our title challenge

one of liverpool/Man U will lose points and maybe both .
so we must win the game

IBL

Established Member
West Ham are there for the taking right now, my West Ham season ticket holding mate is dreading this match.

Anything less than 3 points will be dissappointing, as said players will be well rested so tiredness is not an excuse

awooga83

Established Member
Got to win this one going by our slip today and our tendency in the past to let the games where we should be getting points slip away this will be an interesting watch. They are in dire trouble and desperately need some points but we have to show we want it more no matter who the opposition.

James

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
Maybe this is knee-jerk, but I think this game will be a huge test for this team's mentality. Maybe it's because i'm overly-cynical, but i'm worried today's result could cause a drop in morale. If we're going to win anything this season, it's absolutely crucial we pick ourselves up and take care of business.

To me, the way we respond on sunday will define the tone for the rest of the season. It's inevitable that we drop points, but draws are merely blips for winning teams.
Nope, i agree completely, and thought this even before tonights result, which has only reinforced my opinion. It sets the tone ahead of the Sp**s game, and the rest of the season like you said, and six points from the two games will be huge. Massive game.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Though West Ham look to be in trouble points wise, they are always a team that has a tendency to up it's game against the top teams and cause a fair few upsets.

Our away record, after the first two matches against Everton and Celtic doesn't look too good. However, it's early days and we can certainly improve that one with a few wins now.

Rosicky's presence, as everyone else pointed out, will be very important, for we look very fluid and creative when he is playing. But, even if he isn't fit enough to start, the team should have enough in them to get the three points.

number_0

Established Member
I am sure we can get a result at Upton park, west ham don't lack in goal threat, so they will sure to create alot, I just hope we shut them early or put them out of site before they even threaten.

If rosicky is not fit to start, I hope we keep our defence tight until we introduce rosicky, vela and co.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom