• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - West Ham United v Arsenal - Sun 25 Oct 09 16:15

xcdude24

Established Member
I'm nervous about Sp**s, but a lot of their starters should be out so I think we can take care of business, pending another mental collapse(which is entirely possible)

xcdude24

Established Member
I don't necessarily agree with this, but out of legitimate curiosity, does anyone think this game could be be this season's birmingham/hull/scummer?

Lord Dula

Established Member
I tell ya Biggus - that horrible feeling of restlessness 'n disgruntledness is bubbling away within me. I'm not sure I can stomach much more of this repeated feebleness.

I know the sea saw could tilt either way, but I'm ready to flip out.

If this ****e folly continues I fear I'll turn up at the season's end shareholders meeting and launch my shoes at Wenger like that guy did Bush a few years back :lol:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Lord Dula said:
I tell ya Biggus - that horrible feeling of restlessness 'n disgruntledness is bubbling away within me. I'm not sure I can stomach much more of this repeated feebleness.

If this s***e folly continues I fear I'll turn up at the season's end shareholders meeting and launch my shoes at Wenger like that guy did Bush a few years back :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5oKEVqQJg

Lord Dula

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWt3-kPBQ4A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWt3-kPBQ4A</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

would have tremendous respect for wenger if he came back with that powers line tho

Biggus

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Well theres a chance we could spank them for 4 or conversely one goal against us could have our lot running for their inhalers- lifes rarely dull with us.

Cruisio

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Still pissed off by Sundee's game - got that feeling that wont be erased til we win our next prem game.

Hope we crush Sp**s - if we lose I'll be feeling like kel on his birthday. Glum as f**k

We MUST beat them. I dont give a f**k what kind of form we are in or they are on, but we have to beat them. I want to see the boys really work for that win because 1. In the last two games they've shown that they dont have the desire/fight (imo) to kill off games properly and 2. Its against Sp**s

Must win. MUST!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
i'll hit the booze again
Aww no. Dontcha remember what happened last time you got boozed up? If you don't, here's a reminder: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihgaBJCva4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihgaBJCva4</a>

dutchMasta

absolutely gutted that i'll (likely) be missing this. in a situation where NO one around me is even REMOTELY interested in football (india :roll:), and there's a trip planned, WORST possible time. they'd better have tv there!! don't want to miss out on the massive thrashing we're going to dish out.

expecting a lot from arshavin this time round, he needs to step up. if nasri and bendtner can play in this, we can have a killer lineup, but my sixth sense is telling me eboue and diaby will play :x .

Uncle Mike

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
I'm nervous about Sp**s, but a lot of their starters should be out so I think we can take care of business, pending another mental collapse(which is entirely possible)
Arsenal has a mental collapse, allowing them and Sp**s to start out even?

I apologize (or, if you prefer, I apologise) for not having commented on this game sooner. It's not that I'm still mad about it, it's just that real life kept me off the board.

Not unlike the West Ham defense kept Arsenal off the scoreboard in the second half. Mannone didn't even see that second goal, and wouldn't hvae stopped it if he had. It was a rocket. I'm not sure there's a goalie on the planet who would have stopped it. I figured the entry of Bendtner in the 81st would lead to a "Bendtner Time" goal. No dice. And I can't blame my usual target, Diaby, for this one, either, as he maintains his improvement since the Man U header. This was a team effort.

It's amazing how fast a comfortable win can turn into "Oh no, we can actually lose this thing!" Especially when you've got a bunch of Hammerheads at the other end of the bar, throwing their beers in the air. Made it all the way over to our side. Got beer all over my brand-new 1971-style short-sleeve jersey that arrived in the mail the preceding Wednesday. Bastards.

And when it was over, they gleefully reminded us that it was two-nil, and we f(oul)ed it up. We reminded them, "Six points, you've only got six points!"

Then I got a good look at them. As Dougie Brimson says, "There's always a leader." And the leader was big and bald and built like an American football defensive tackle. Those weren't hands at the ends of his arms, they were meathooks. And he was West Ham, and it's only been a few weeks since the most recent renewal of their blood feud with Millwall. If they make another movie like The Firm or Green Street, he'd be an ideal-looking extra for it. A top boy right out of central casting, and the rest of them didn't look any less mean.

Fortunately, the Gooners outnumbered the Hammers, so it never got any further than a few short, naughty songs. Each side standing its ground was enough, like an old-time duel where the combatants each decide to fire their pistols into the air and consider the debt of honor paid. Still, that's as nervous as I've been in a sporting environment since my first visit to Fenway Park. And it beats the time I had garbage thrown at me in the Boston Garden. But I was in no shape to mix it up with genuine expat hooligans. I did not want to just meet the NYC edition of the ICF -- they probably weren't former members of the real thing, but I didn't want to take that chance. I admit it: In a situation like that, I'm a coward.

Once we all got it out of our system and calmed down, they turned out to be all right. After all, it's not like either is the other's true rivals. And we both hate Tottenham. And we both enjoyed seeing the highlights of Liverpool's fantastic win over The Devil's Own United.

But the Hammers sure got a lot more out of this game than we did. There's an old saying in U.S. sports: "A tie is like kissing your sister." For West Ham, in 19th place going in, this tie was like kissing your sister's really hot best friend. For Arsenal, this tie was like kissing your sister's other friend. You know the type.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom