• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – West Ham vs Arsenal – 5:30pm – 6/10/12 - ESPN

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Mastadon said:
Some of the criticism was over the top but in general he's been disappointing hasn't he? Perhaps its the burden of expectation set by the likes of Vieira, Fabregas and Wilshere but I have never understood the hype surrounding Ramsey esp the comparisons with Fabregas. He's potentially a good player but not great imo.

He's certainly had more <5/10 games than >5/10 games last season, I'm not denying that. Thing is though, that you could already see at the end of 2010/11 what he's capable of in terms of being good (ManUre home game), and being not so good (Stoke away).

With that in mind, I didn't expect much of him in 2011/12, bar the odd game where he plays really good (Chelsea away e.g.). He's not as talented as Jack, or as Fabs, I'm not claiming that, but he looks like a hard worker, who benefits more from training, than from pure natural ability (like the aforementioned).

Up until now, he's been unlucky with his injury, with his captaincy, the loss of his national team coach, with the expectations he'd faced last season and the role he had to play in, in which he clearly struggled.

I hope he has that bit of fortune on his side this season, to really prove his worth, would be great since he's come quite a long way since 2010.

Mastadon

Established Member
Some expect more than others but the overall standard required of an Arsenal midfielder is high and those who fall below will attract criticism. You can't play for a top club earning top wages yet not perform and expect to get away with it. Its up to him to prove he is good enough and win people over. Kos did it after a poor first season we expect the same from Ramsey.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I agree, it's no question he has to start to deliver, but in contrast to e.g. Kos he's still pretty young, people have to consider that as well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
I think it's as always a question what your expectations are from a certain player. Some people have higher ones than others, hence why you'll often find some people complaining, and others praising/defending players.

You should repeat this 1000 times, as it's something that is always unfortunately overlooked.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
My view on Ramsey is that he was great in attack but lacks in defense. Arteta-Ramsey-Cazorla seems to be unbalanced with not enough on the defensive side. This is why I'd rather play Coquelin at B2B while Diaby and Wilshere are out, he might not be as impressive in attack but he wins the ball better, is faster and has a good enough passing range to keep the play going, Cazorla et al can take care of the offense.

I'd like to note that I have been impressed with Ramsey as an attacker this season. He is definitely a great talent and I expect big things from him but if he wants to play B2B, he needs to learn the defensive side of the game, which is definitely possible, at least to a certain extent.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Arteta/Coquelin didn't look too complimentary against Olympiakos. Ramsey is obviously the weakest link in midfield with Arteta/Cazorla, and is behind Jack/Diaby too, but he's twice the player Coquelin is in my view.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
fabo said:
Arteta/Coquelin didn't look too complimentary against Olympiakos. Ramsey is obviously the weakest link in midfield with Arteta/Cazorla, and is behind Jack/Diaby too, but he's twice the player Coquelin is in my view.
I thought Coquelin really grew into that game against Olympiakos. I think he just needs a few starts to get going, then we'll see what he is really capable of.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I thought the Play_Maker's analysis was pretty fair and reasonable. He backed up each point with a pretty well articulated example that most objective observers would struggle to disagree with. Does that mean he's a bad player? Nope. But he sticks out like a sore thumb alongside the likes of Arteta and Cazorla (which in fairness, most other PL midfielders would do too).

I agree that we need more physicality and grit in there. This game was in the balance for far too long, and Nolan had a couple of unbelievable misses that kept us alive. West Ham made the mistake of opening the game up at 1-1 with 20 minutes to go and after we'd brought on Theo. Big mistake. Having said that, I think we would have won by an even bigger margin had we scored first.

MaestroCesc

Dokaka said:
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=126506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of you got featured on the site ;)
What is that an Arsenel fans site?

RUS arsenal

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Dokaka said:
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=126506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of you got featured on the site ;)
What is that an Arsenel fans site?
Looks like a site for Hammers...probably... :?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's the most popular West Ham fansite around. Julian Dicks among others works there, lots of ITKs etc. It's basically our main site outside of the clubs own website.

They usually scout the oppositions forums after a game to get their view on the game. It's a really nice feature imo.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Well, read some posts on some West Ham forum the other day too (maybe even KUMB, don't know), some sensible posters there, definitely more than on the likes of redcafe, blue-moon, RAWK or the smaller chavs boards.

But also a relatively high number of some more or less latent racist posts, didn't surprise me honestly, the only clubs in the Premier League that are worse in that department are Stoke and Chelsea. Watched the game in an Irish Pub in Germany, with about 50/50 Arsenal and WHU fans, most of them Brits, and even here it was relatively clear from which part of the political spectrum the Hammers were.

US_Gooner

Established Member
He shouldn't have left his foot in on Mannone... but this way Yossi will probably get some games.

West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te faces three months on the sidelines after undergoing shoulder surgery.
Manager Sam Allardyce said the 26-year-old Portuguese striker dislocated his shoulder in the Hammers' 3-1 defeat by Arsenal on 6 October.
"We think we've chosen the best option to strengthen the shoulder and get him back as quickly as we can," he said.
Vaz Te, who has one goal this season, fell heavily after colliding with Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

[snip]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19965520

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not the type to gloat over injuries to players, but definitely serves the **** right. Even West Ham fans were furious at him for leaving his leg there, could easily have done a Stephen Hunt on Mannone there.

VAVAVOOM 14

What a daft, self inflicted injury. And for what?

If that were an Arsenal player I'd be incensed.

Luckily our players seem to be sensible for the most part......(Santos)....

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
What a daft, self inflicted injury. And for what?

If that were an Arsenal player I'd be incensed.

Luckily our players seem to be sensible for the most part......(Santos)....

No, he's just a bit clumsy, but he cares ;D

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom