• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Wigan vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 22/12/12 - SS3

fabo

6.51 / 10
The pub next to the stadium is immense though. Some atmosphere.

But yeah, wouldn't like to live in Wigan, not for all the tea in China.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Muharraqawi said:
Dont get the hate to Gibbs of all people, he hasn't been fantastic so far but he's been solid, bar the Reading game he hasn't had any other ****-ups so far, he's been a bit hit and miss offensively but he's still assisted 4 goals and we're still in December, Clichy's highest in a whole season was 3 I think, Clichy couldn't even keep an offside line when he was playing with us and he used to get skinned all the time despite his pace which just shows how bad of a defender he is, something that doesn't happen often with Gibbs.

Agreed. Why do we constantly get on the backs of our own players? Calling for him to be replaced is ridiculous. He just turned 23 in September. He has all the attributes needed for a top full back. He is good in the air, he is quick, very good on the ball and he can tackle. He can also drive forward. The weakness in his game at the moment is his crossing. That is something that can be worked on and if I remember correctly Sagna drastically improved his crossing and offensive play to keep his place at full back ahead of Eboue when he first came.

I would be worried if Gibbs was constantly getting beaten and found out of position. Clichy was guilty of giving goals away from lack of concentration. People want to replace a 23 year old full back who can still improve. Crazy. When Gibbs doesn't play we miss him just as much as we miss Sagna. He gives balance to the whole team when he drives down the left hand side. We have no other player who is capable of doing that from left back. In fact, not many teams do.

The players that need to be replaced are Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson, Bendtner, Squillaci, Djourou, Walcott if he goes and Santos. NOT GIBBS.

MaestroCesc

fabo said:
The pub next to the stadium is immense though. Some atmosphere.

But yeah, wouldn't like to live in Wigan, not for all the tea in China.
Ye they have a great pub, but other than that it sucks, It isnt even in Wigan its in some retail park outside it, the stadium is pretty good though, steep stands.

coopsollini

I was at the DW yesterday and the two things which I think were not well represented on the TV were:

1. The weather - the conditions were pretty poor, on the train over to Wigan I was thinking the pitch may be a bog. Credit to the Wigan ground staff the pitch was ok, but it was very damp and you could see that affected some of the players close control and range on passing.

2. The pitch at the DW did not look very big, Theo was never getting in behind...no threat at all.

I loved a couple of the Wigan chants,'Mikel Arteta, you run like my mum' and 'He's got a face like a dolphin'...still trying to work out who that was directed at!?

MaestroCesc

coopsollini said:
I was at the DW yesterday and the two things which I think were not well represented on the TV were:

1. The weather - the conditions were pretty poor, on the train over to Wigan I was thinking the pitch may be a bog. Credit to the Wigan ground staff the pitch was ok, but it was very damp and you could see that affected some of the players close control and range on passing.

2. The pitch at the DW did not look very big, Theo was never getting in behind...no threat at all.

I loved a couple of the Wigan chants,'Mikel Arteta, you run like my mum' and 'He's got a face like a dolphin'...still trying to work out who that was directed at!?
You could hear their chants? I could only hear a few and it was always from the stand on the Ox's side in the 2nd half. Most of their chants were mumbles from a couple of them with the occasional RVP chant. Although the" Titus Bramble he left cos your ****" was brilliant from us.

Wont we be playing catchup with all our rivals until late January because WHU game is postponed?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If City or United grinded out that win yesterday people would be saying that is a Championship Winning performance, not playing well and still getting 3 points. Sign of a quality team being able to do that and hopefully this is a sign of us getting into our stride and refinding our quality.

Proud of the boys yesterday, no matter how much I dislike/disagree with Wenger I want the team to win on here however there seem to be a few people who want to see us fail to use it to justify vilifying our manager. We played poorly, we kept a clean sheet and we won in what was a tricky game. United dropped points, Sp**s dropped points, hopefully Chelsea drop points now and the top 4 all of a sudden has become much more congested giving us a good opportunity of putting a run together and putting pressure on those above us.

All in all a great weekend.

infineon

Established Member
bingobob said:
If City or United grinded out that win yesterday people would be saying that is a Championship Winning performance, not playing well and still getting 3 points. Sign of a quality team being able to do that and hopefully this is a sign of us getting into our stride and refinding our quality.
The difference is the Manchester clubs have earnt the right to be given the benefit of the doubt because every time they have an off game they come back to win the next five whereas our form has been erratic for the last couple of seasons.

Glovegun

Established Member
coopsollini said:

I'm still pleased to be able to take the credit for 'Titus Bramble, he left cos you're sh*t'

DontPushMe

Clrnc said:
Chelsea is playing some very sexy stuffs today
Knew when they started clicking theyd be tough. Much better team than us this year.

Good to see Swansea get a result with Manure. Great season theyre having.

MaestroCesc

Glovegun said:
coopsollini said:

I'm still pleased to be able to take the credit for 'Titus Bramble, he left cause you're sh*t'
Haha that wasnt you, it was the person standing near me lol

Vela

Established Member
Not the best of performances but we got the three points. The midfield is still a problem IMO with Jack and Santi are getting forward so much it makes Arteta have more work to do. Throughout a match the number of times when the opposition are out numbering us in midfield after we've just lost the ball.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I just bloody realised this isn't the premierleague thread.

LOL

Glovegun

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Glovegun said:
coopsollini said:

I'm still pleased to be able to take the credit for 'Titus Bramble, he left cause you're sh*t'
Haha that wasnt you, it was the person standing near me lol

How do you know I wasn't next to you..

Will claim that great minds think alike then, I didn't hear it before I did it! We were near the mental bloke screaming about Gazidis.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom