• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ethan Nwaneri: Se Queda

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The delusion is strong in this thread. I could understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth if they were 18-19, but Nwaneri is often physically outmatched at u21 level. This isn't like Obi who is a man child. Or sake who was physically ahead of his peers.
Zinchenko, Trossard, and Vieira get bullied on a regular basis so what's the difference? Nwaneri needs some blonde locs and he would be playing every week.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Help get to play next game. If he doesn't, then Arteta needs some serious words

bergholt

If he's actually pissed off (rather than just forum posters overreacting like always) then his attitude is ****ed.

He can wait, or he can do an Omari Hutchinson and end up sitting on the bench in the Championship before too long.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn't setting the sparks in U-17 world cup, just another player

Are you guys sure this guy is the next star?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why the rush? Did you see him and Lewis-Skelly in the U17 World Cup? They aren’t quite there yet to be playing against men.
Then why be on the bench and not play with the u19 who played? Every player on the bench should be able to be ready and do a job if needed. We had 12 players on the bench. Take the two kids off and you still got 10. So we can’t even say we were short and they were needed on the bench

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If he's actually pissed off (rather than just forum posters overreacting like always) then his attitude is ****ed.

He can wait, or he can do an Omari Hutchinson and end up sitting on the bench in the Championship before too long.

Nobody said he was pissed off, he looked quite happy on the bench.

Fans wanted to see them play, there’s nothing wrong with fans wanting to see stuff. Alien concept to those content with every single little thing Arteta does, I know.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There'll be other opportunities so it's defo not the end of the world but it's still very annoying. One of the things I miss about Wenger tbh.

As long as Arteta keeps winning, it's not gonna be a problem so I don't care that much but I do not want us to start losing our best young talents. That will most likely end up being a problem for us, especially if we don't make money from them at least.

He didn't seem pissed off to me though, that's just his face tbh.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There'll be other opportunities so it's defo not the end of the world but it's still very annoying. One of the things I miss about Wenger tbh.

As long as Arteta keeps winning, it's not gonna be a problem so I don't care that much but I do not want us to start losing our best young talents. That will most likely end up being a problem for us, especially if we don't make money from them at least.

He didn't seem pissed off to me though, that's just his face tbh.
It might be too early with a loan no?

Bucephalus

I may be mis-remembering, but I don't think you can go on loan before you're 18.

And I don't think we should be too hard on Arteta here. Even when we're talking charity minutes in a blow-out, there's a long queue of deserving candidates. For Nwaneri to come on (and I wanted him to), someone else who's been doing the hard yards in training all year doesn't get to appear in a home CL game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd be against loaning these 2 normally (including Lewis-Skelly) but given Arteta's borderline extreme reluctance, I actually think loaning both of them is the move. Regardless of their u17 WC performance, which was below their usual standards, they have nothing much to gain from youth football currently and I think they need to be tested. It makes no sense to not give them a platform but simultaneously keep them playing PL2 football for eternity. Nwaneri won't be eligible for a loan till next year so cooking at youth level is fine - for now. That will change next year. Lewis-Skelly is the one we have to make sure we get more out of soon as he is a pro now. Loan in January for me.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be against loaning these 2 normally (including Lewis-Skelly) but given Arteta's borderline extreme reluctance, I actually think loaning both of them is the move. Regardless of their u17 WC performance, which was below their usual standards, they have nothing much to gain from youth football currently and I think they need to be tested. It makes no sense to not give them a platform but simultaneously keep them playing PL2 football for eternity. Nwaneri won't be eligible for a loan till next year so cooking at youth level is fine - for now. That will change next year. Lewis-Skelly is the one we have to make sure we get more out of soon as he is a pro now. Loan in January for me.
You have to wonder if abroad could be the best option. It certainly would need to be a club that has a good track record with youngsters and that doesn't just hoof it long...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You have to wonder if abroad could be the best option. It certainly would need to be a club that has a good track record with youngsters and that doesn't just hoof it long...
Agree. I think Lewis-Skelly could probabky hack a Championship loan tbh but Nwaneri might be better served in Holland or Germany. Either would be good in a foreign league where possession would be more important.

Bucephalus

The better we get, the harder this is going to get. Saka is Saka, and my favourite player since Bergkamp. He's seized every opportunity he got. But the first opportunity was being better and healthier than Kolasinac. And after the position shift, Pepe. New kids are going to face a much higher barrier for opportunities than Saka did, just because their competition for minutes is so much better quality.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He isn't setting the sparks in U-17 world cup, just another player

Are you guys sure this guy is the next star?
Dude has technique for days. Don't really care about what he does in the U17 English team with dud coaches. What you look for is athleticism, balance, coordination, flexibility, technique, timing, composure and vision and he has all those things, a very high ceiling.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Then why be on the bench and not play with the u19 who played? Every player on the bench should be able to be ready and do a job if needed. We had 12 players on the bench. Take the two kids off and you still got 10. So we can’t even say we were short and they were needed on the bench
I’m not a manager by any stretch of the imagination, but I would think that this is possibly part of the learning experience. You train with the first team and experience the atmosphere on the bench to understand how things go? I suspect that may be the rationale. Sagoe played some minutes and was bullied physically so I’m curious to see how he gets reintegrated. It’s possible that Arteta is missing a trick because he doesn’t quite know how to bring up the kids, or he genuinely doesn’t believe they are at that level, or he’s worried about how their bodies will deal with the physicality.. who knows. The next 3-4 years will show where Arteta lands in that regard.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m not a manager by any stretch of the imagination, but I would think that this is possibly part of the learning experience. You train with the first team and experience the atmosphere on the bench to understand how things go? I suspect that may be the rationale. Sagoe played some minutes and was bullied physically so I’m curious to see how he gets reintegrated. It’s possible that Arteta is missing a trick because he doesn’t quite know how to bring up the kids, or he genuinely doesn’t believe they are at that level, or he’s worried about how their bodies will deal with the physicality.. who knows. The next 3-4 years will show where Arteta lands in that regard.
In 3-4 years he been here 7-8 years. Surely it shouldn’t take 8 years to see if he is the type to promote youth?

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom